Welcome to Gaia! ::

My advice to you, since you are just starting college, is to choose very wisely on if college is even the right route for you. Not to please your mom, dad, dog, girlfriend, neighbor, screw that. You are the controller of your own destiny, not them.

Learning and succeeding is not just solely bound to a college. A lot of what "the college years" is, is self discovery, getting out and seeing places, meeting people, etc. while you are young and active. It's a whole new curve on learning beyond the confines of a high school wall 5 days out of the week. It's also about strategizing carefully and finding any opportunities that appeal to you.

Every one's route is different and never planned like they want it to be from the start (yes, even if it's not having a plan). The unexpected is a treasure worth running into, and the bulk of the matter is as long as you preserver, be outgoing, be patient, keep your curiosity strong, and keep putting one foot forward after the other no matter what, you will find your direction(s).

It took me 5 years to be where I am at now since high school (and it's rough still but oh so much nicer!), and they were not easy, and I still have a long a** way of screwing up, hurting, smiling, and succeeding to go. So be patient, you'll be fine. smile

Sparkly Fatcat

12,950 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Megathread 100
Calm down. You're a freshman. Literally every other freshman around you is freaking out about the same thing. Four years later, you'll still probably feel that way.

I'm in my fifth year, prepping to graduate in May and starting to toy with the idea of grad school - but just yesterday I started freaking out over the same things. It happens. If a class is too hard, or if you're struggling with balancing your class work & social life (and in your case working 20 hrs a week), it makes you wonder what you're doing because you feel like you're just stumbling around like an idiot.

But it'll be okay. (:

Stick it out. If at the end of your freshman year, you don't like it, then don't go back or consider changing your major to something. Your freshman year is a learning experience more about yourself than anything.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff