Welcome to Gaia! ::

Beloved Prophet

10,450 Points
  • Toy Drive Tycoon 400
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Crash Survivor 500
Closed and moved
Li isnt really for discussions but for actual issues to get advice on. You may want the ld, or the ed, or something.

You may also want to not call it dysphoria as you dont need that to be trans, and you cant really connected sexualities to something that is connected to identities, as they dont always mix. There is no dysphoria with being gay you know?

Tipsy Prophet

Prince Rayon
I was hoping to open up a topic and branch out from there to get advice on a personal issue. But I can move the topic to another forum.
Hm yes I can see what you mean on the dysphoria term use but actually if you could elaborate. I constantly hear on places such as tumblr that transgender youth do not always have dysphoria and this is a bit unsettling to me. If you are comfortable with your body why are you transitioning? Dysphoria is an uncomfort with your body or physical gender. I don't understand why lately people have stated that dysphoria is not necessary. Speaking from a medical perspective, changing genders when you are fine with your body will cause future dysphoria will it not?

Not all trans* people transition past the point of presentation/pronouns/etc. Also, there is a trans support thread in the LD. May be a few pages back.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff