Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ruthless Humorist

9,500 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Popular Thread 100
for me and imperfect lover

dnp
The sun was high in the sky, unleashing the unwanted sizzling summer heat upon the world below. It must have been late July for such grotesque temperatures. This kind of heat made the freezing winters seem more desirable, though both were very unwelcomed. A gentle breeze soon swept through the thick forest giving all it's organisms a brief relief from it. Too bad it couldn't stay longer. The peaceful calm of the forest was then disturbed by the sounds of snapping twigs and rustling of brush as someone was running, but this wasn't just some person having a nice jog, oh no. They were running for their lives, running from the newest creatures that now plagued the earth and have been for going on 12 years now. The undead.

"Sh*t sh*t sh*t!" The young girl said under her ragged breath as she glanced back at the 4 or 5 runners that were after her. She had her gun in one hand, but only had one bullet left in the chamber and there was no time to switch out for a new magazine. She only hopped she could out maneuver them. "Any time now Devin would be f*cking great!" She yelled into the leafy surroundings. "Yeah yeah Makayla...just a little closer..." He said to himself as he saw her making her way towards him.

Steadying himself, he aimed his gun and took out the two closest to her and then threw his throwing knives at the last three in a matter of seconds. Makayla came to a stop, bracing herself against a tree as she tried to catch her breath. Devin just smirked at her as he walked over to the three walkers and ripped the knives out of their skulls. "Nastey f*ckers. Nicely done though Kayla." He said as he gave her a pat on the back. "Now come on. We gotta pick up the pace. There will probably be more on the way since my gun went off."

Makayla rolled her eyes and started to follow him, her breathing still very heavy. "Next time...you be the bait. I'm not doing that again!" She said aggravated that he waited so long to finish the job. Devin chuckled and looked back at the young brunette girl, her pale skin intensifying her green eyes that were currently glaring at him. He then looked back ahead of them. "Whatever you say princess. Now let's get back to the task at hand. It's getting late in the day with limited light left. We need to find a safe place to stay tonight." The tall, tan, and fairly muscular male said, running a hand through his shaggy blonde hair. The faint signs of scars could be seen here and there on his arms, along with one on his cheek. Makayla knew better then to ask him what had happened to him considering she had her own demons and past that she rather not speak of as well.

The two had been traveling together for about 3 or 4 months now, both having been on their own until they met. It was luck that they met and didn't try to kill one another. The few individuals or groups of people that were out in the wild didn't trust others very easily. Some people had resorted to killing and eating others or taking them captive and use them as they pleased. Society had gone to sh*t ever since the plaque had spread across the country. There were still cities and towns that had managed to blockade themselves in from the monsters that lived outside it, though there had to be constant watches around the clock. Most places had gone into martial law, forcing people to do hard labor for barely anything in return. They had curfews and anyone caught out passed it was either killed on site or were beaten and locked away.

Needless to say outside the wall didn't seem so bad, but the struggle for supplies, shelter, and safety were never ending. Oh, and lets not forget the flesh eating creatures that used to be human that wonder aimlessly around never seeming to stop killing and gorging themselves with whatever they ran into. It was a living h*ll and no one seemed to know what to do about it. There seemed to be no cure for what chaos was going on. Makayla, however, thought differently. She was striving to find a cure for the madness around them, even if she died trying, she was going to keep fighting until the very end. Devin was slightly skeptical of her ideas, but he decided to stick around and see what may come of it. The young girl in her early 20's had after all made it on her own up to finding him, so he knew she was as fiery on the inside as she was on the outside and that was all he needed to join in her journey.

Ruthless Humorist

9,500 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Popular Thread 100
XxImperfectxLoversxX

User Image

jason ( ) p a r k e r

▇▇▇▇ ▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇ ▇▇▇▇

"Jason!" The blonde was awoken from his slumber, and above him stood Johnny, the camp leader. "Wake up, you're on duty for watch." Jason blinked and rubbed his eyes, trying to let them adjust to the light. "Wait, what? I'm not until tomorrow." Johnny shook his head, letting cigarette residue fall the cigar in his mouth. "Ashley is sick." Jason stood. "Huh? Is she bitten?" Johnny shook his head. "Clear for bites, but it's not looking to good." Jason sighed, running his hand through his hair. Johnny exited the room, leaving Jason to his thoughts. Ashley was sick? That couldn't be good, he'd have to check on the brunette later. Jason put on some hunting clothes, a.k.a his Camo Jacket, jeans, some boots, and a hat, then he exited the room. Jason walked into the armory and grabbed his assigned rifle and heading out again. Today was unusually quiet, there had to be something going on or something, it was too quiet.

Jason entered the cafeteria, people were eating quietly. The rundown building seemed to groan at Jason, making him shiver. This building used to be an elementary school, but after the virus outbreak, well, it didn't live up to its potential, so survivors over took it and created a safe camp away from the walkers for a period of time. Jason decided to skip breakfast because it looked like a mix of goulash and vegetables. Bleh. He made his way outside where his dad was chatting with Johnny. "Son, you're out on scouting duty with Samantha and Edward, stay safe." His dad said to him. Jason stopped and stared ahead of him. His dad and him had a very rocky relationship, and it only worsened when his mom died a couple months ago. He turned to his dad, Alex. "Yeah, uh, thanks."

What else was he supposed to say? He exited the camp and made sure to lock the door behind him. He met up with Samantha and Edward out by the river the camp was near. They were skipping rocks as they were waiting for him. "Sorry to keep you waiting, I just got the news about Ashley." They both nodded. "Yeah, she's in rough shape, and they said she wasn't bitten so what's going on? And they haven't let anyone visit her." Jason raised an eyebrow. "You don't say? I was planning on visiting her later." Samantha burst into tears, Edward wrapped an arm around her. Well, Jason could she why she was upset, Ashley was Sam's sister, so he could feel her pain. "It's not fair! Why did she have to get sick?" She continued to sob. Jason leaned on a tree awkwardly, pretending to fiddle with his rifle. "It's okay, Sam, she'll be fine." Sam calmed down after a while and the trio continued to scout the area.

Jason walked behind the pair, just to pick up on something just in case they didn't see. The trio never really traveled far away from the camp, because they had the potential to get lost. Suddenly the three of them stopped, something was wrong. A rustle was heard and they all turned simultaneously. "What was that?" Jason asked. Edward shrugged. "I'm not sure. I'm gonna go check it out.' Samantha stopped him, and kissed him on the cheek. "Be careful." Edward nodded and walked towards the rustle, Jason and Sam stayed back, on alert with rifles pointed towards whatever the hell made that noise. Edwards disappeared into a brush, and it was quiet. "Edward? Edward, are you okay?" No answer. "I'm gonna go check on him." Sam nodded. "Stay back, get help if I don't come back in 5 minutes." She understood, and Jason descended unto the brush.

When he came out the other side, Edwards was nowhere to be found. "Edward! Edward!" Jason knew he was taking a risk yelling like that, but his friend was nowhere to be found and he couldn't just leave him. Suddenly, there was the sound of someone running. Jason turned the right to see Edward, he was running towards Jason. What was that behind him? Jason used the scope on his rifle to get a closer look. He almost dropped the gun. "s**t! Titan!" He yelled. Edward crashed into Jason. "We have to go, where's Sam?" A gunshot answered his question. Jason was panicking as the Titan ran closer, and Sam had to be in trouble as another stto was heard. "Behind the brush, come on!" The pair dashed into the brush as soon as the Titan reached their spot. It sniffed the air and chased behind them. ********, ********, ******** they were screwed. Jason and Edward came to the other side and was greeted with the sight of 4 walkers surrounding Sam. "Sam! Stay calm!"

She screamed back at him. "Don't stand there, shoot them!" Edward aimed the gun and was preparing to shoot, but Jason and Edward forgot one crucial thing, a Titan was still after them. Jason realized this at the last second as Edward shot two walkers, then was bitten in the neck by their Titan stalker! Blood splattered onto Jason. Samantha screamed. "No! No! Jason do something!" Jason shot the remaining walkers surrounding Sam, then shot the Titan multiple times in the head, but it was strong, gnawing on Edward like a rat. Sam dropped her gun and tried to charge the Titan, but Jason held her back. "No, don't be stupid! He's gone!" The Titans finally died but it was too late for Edward, blood was gushing from his neck and his body was shivering. His skin was losing color and his rifle lay beside him, his head turned towards the pair. "T-take...ca-care...of Sam...J-J-Jaso-" He died in the middle of the sentence. Samantha fell to her knees, crying her eyes out, mourning her boyfriend. "I can't lose you and Ashley! No!" Jason let her mourn for a second before attempting to pick her up and console her. "Sam..Sam we have to go before more Walkers or Titans show up.." She wiped her eyes, nodding. "You're right...I'm sorry..." She stood, grabbing her rifle, and the two headed back to camp.

User ImageUser ImageUser Image
The duo walked in silence as their search for shelter continued. Makayla sighed as she gazed around the seemingly endless greenery around them. She was starting to get to the feeling that they may not be so lucky tonight. If that were the case, another night in the tallest tree they could find would be what they would call bed for the night. They had had to do it the last few nights and needless to say it wasn't the most pleasant; it kept them alive though.

Devin stopped suddenly and turned to Makayla. "Did you hear that?" He asked quietly, his hand putting a firm grip on the hilt of his gun. Makayla paused to listen, giving him a questioning look. Her look was soon answered by the sound of gun shots in the distance. "It's either the military or maybe one of us. We should head in that direction." Makayla raised a brow. "I thought the point was to live, not go blindly after the sound of a few rounds." She said in disagreement. "That's why we should follow. There could be a camp with supplies and possibly even shelter we could use. Besides with that many rounds having gone off they all probably got eaten." And with that he started walking again. She opened her mouth to protest further, but figured it was a moot point. After all they were running low on a few things and it was the only option in this moment.

The day soon turned to dusk and they were still a ways from where they had herd the gun fire. Makayla caught up with Devin before speaking to him. "We should probably find a tree to stay in tonight. We can continue first thing in the morning." He sighed glancing up at the sky before looking at the brunette. "Yeah...I guess you are right." His tone sounding reluctant. With that the two found a big enough tree, tying themselves to their own individual branches so as to not fall to their deaths.

The next morning soon came with an unwelcoming start. The two had quite a few unwelcomed guests who had caught their scent clawing and growling below them. Makayla groaned as she pulled out her bow. "We got quiet the audience don't we?" Devin joked as he pulled out his set of knives. The two started taking the pack down one by one until the unfortunate sound of a charging titan could be heard coming their way, trees crashing down, nothing being able to stand in its way. Makayla and Devin glanced at each other, untying themselves from the tree, however the beast was closing in fast.

The two knew there wouldn’t be enough time to climb down, so their only alternative was to jump, and they did just that, in the nick of time too. The titian slammed into the old tree, snapping it in two with easy. By the stroke of luck Makayla managed to land safely with only a few minor cuts, however, when she looked in the direction of Devin, she could tell he hadn’t been so lucky. One of his legs had been pinned under one of the heavier branches of their makeshift tree home. He was still holding his own against the remaining walkers who were trying to fill their bottomless stomachs with his flesh. Makayla jumped as she heard the ear shattering roar of the titian coming straight for them again. She quickly pulled out her shotgun, running straight towards the huge monstrosity. With its thick skin, it made it hard to shoot down with a normal hand gun, but this shot gun never let her down yet. Stopping only a few feet in front of the charging mass, she aimed right for his head and pulled the trigger, and within seconds the grotesque mass hit the ground with a loud thud. To make sure it was actually down, she took her knife and jammed it into the thick skull.

Her attention then shifted to Devin, who had somehow managed to kill all the walkers that had shown up earlier. ”Are you alright Devin?” Her voice full of concern as she came to stand in front of him. ”If you enjoy having your leg trapped while disgusting, decaying, and blood thirsty creatures try to kill you, then yes. But I would really like to get out from under this now.” He grimaced with pain as he spoke. Makayla bit her lip, unsure if she could lift it off of him without someone else’s help. ”Give me a sec.” She glanced around the area, finding a smaller branch that managed to wedge perfectly under it. Taking a deep breath she pushed down with all her strength, giving him barely enough room to pull his leg out from under it.

She helped him get to his feet, putting one of his arms over her shoulder for support. Devin sighed in frustration. ”You might as well go on without me. I’m just going to slow you down. My leg is pretty f*cked.” He looked at her, though she just looked ahead ignoring him as they started making their way in the direction they were headed the day before. ”Kayla seriously I-“ But Makayla cut him off. ”Doesn’t work like that. I don’t give up on anyone. Ever.” She said curtly, still not looking at him. He knew he wouldn’t win so he decided to say nothing more on the matter as they continued on.

The hours dragged by, but they finally came to the location where the gun fire had been heard though there was nothing but dead walkers, a titian, and unfortunately a young male who looked to have been attacked by it. Makayla and Devin both were saddened by the sight. It never got any easier no matter how many people you saw dead. You knew they meant something to someone. Seeing that it had been a lost cause they decided to just keep walking until they saw a little was off that there was a small walled off town. They were unsure whether to approach the site or not. It was always hit or miss, but nothing like taking chances right? Almost immediately as they approached one of the entrances, a gun went off, missing them by only a few feet. There were a few people standing above the entrance, guns at the ready. Makayla was quick to speak. ”Don’t shoot! We aren’t here to cause trouble. My friend is in need of medical attention. We got attacked earlier.” She explained, though she was met with the usual responses, which consisted of, ‘you might be bit’, ‘we don’t take outsiders’, ‘how can we trust you?’ etc. Makayla narrowed her eyes in annoyance. ”Look. We won’t linger around. Just give us a few days for him to heal a bit and we will be on our way. We aren’t asking for much. Please.” She begged.

Ruthless Humorist

9,500 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Popular Thread 100
XxImperfectxLoversxX

User Image

jason ( ) p a r k e r

▇▇▇▇ ▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇ ▇▇▇▇

As Samantha and Jason trekked back to camp, the air felt eery, and very, very, dead. Samantha couldn't stop crying, and Jason told her to quiet down so they wouldn't attract any more, but decided to leave her be at this point. It's how Jason felt when his mom died, so why not just let her mourn. When the pair arrived back, they were checked for bites and injuries. Typical protocol. After being let back in they had to tell the story to the leaders of the camp. Alex (Jason's dad), Johnny, and Kayleb. The three were stoned faced the whole time. "The walkers are getting antsy. Who knows how long we'll be able to stay here, and with Ashley's condition-" Jason cut Johnny off. "What's wrong with her? WHy won't you let anyone see her?" Alex stopped Jason. "We can't release this information yet, she's undergoing something none of us have ever seen before and we're not sure what it is." Jason scowled at his dad. "Why can't you just be on my side for once, huh? I'm your ******** son, step up or something. ******** Christ." Jason stormed out of the room, Samantha following behind. "Are you okay, Jason?" Jason sighed and continued to walk to his room. "Yeah I am, just leave me be." She understood and left him alone for the day.

The next day, Jason woke up. And he was glad he didn't have to watch today because he did it yesterday. He went to the cafeteria and got breakfast before there was a commotion going on, everyone was crowding towards something in the hallway. Jason titled his head to get a better look and it looked like people were fighting. He sprinted as fast as he could over there and pushed through the crowd, once he got to the front he separated the two. "What the hell are you two ******** doing?" The looked around sheepishly. "They were arguing over who's going to steal food and when they leave!" Someone shouted. Jason shook his head. "You know what the punishment for that is right? I'm going to have to-" The guy on Jasons left screamed. "No, you can't please! We won't survive out there." Jason shrugged. Rules were rules. He led the two by their shirt collars outside near the gate where their dad was already dealing with something. It looked like people who needed somewhere to stay, and one looked hurt. Jason was still furious with his dad, but he brought the two losers in anyway. [color-magenta]"These two were planning to steal food from us and leave." His dad nodded and grabbed the two, then consulted with Johnny and Kayleb. Johnny put his voice on the mega phone and talked to the two strangers outside their camp.

"You may come in! You have to undergoe protocol for injuries and bites, but after that you can come in. Two spots just opened!" The two guys that were caught fighting were thrown out of the camp. "If we see you two again, you're getting shot on sight." They nodded and ran of scarily. The two strangers were let in and Jason took a step to the side as he watched them walk to get checked. The girl seemed to be helping the injured guy, who apparent;y hurt his leg. Jason cleared his throat and went back inside. Well, that was enough action for today then he could handle.

User ImageUser ImageUser Image

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces