Welcome to Gaia! ::

broshades's Wife

Fashionable Kitten

User Image
xx✧✧ CLYDE OZARK
xxxxxxx━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxbuddy you're a young man, hard man / shoutin' in the street, gonna take on the world some day

She had a cute smile and Clyde couldn't help but grin and laugh a little. Even when she was wearing ripped clothing, covered in her own blood, there was something endearing about her. He was almost surprised when she took his hand, but the cyborg just took that to mean that the girl trusted him a little more now. Perhaps this could work after all. Helping the snowy-haired girl get to her feet, he blinked in sudden surprise as she staggered backwards, moving to catch her. He didn't need to, however, as she still had hold of his hand and, much to his surprise, leaned into his chest in order to stabilize herself. “Whoa, whoa, hey now! We barely know each other!” There was laughter in his voice as he teased her, relieved when she managed to stand up straight on her own two feet.

Clyde pulled down his orange hood, revealing a mess of dirty-blonde hair, and rubbed the back of his neck. “Hey now, don't worry about it,” he held the grin on his face. “I already know I'm magnetic!” He joked, looking down at her. By now, he'd finished processing her information and his eyes had faded back to their usual golden hue, his sclera still black as smoke. “Besides, I should be sorry for surprising you like that. I honestly didn't think my scanning systems would be able to find you so easily,” the cyborg admitted. Still not entirely used to being mostly robotic, he often underestimated the capabilities of his internal technology. “I'm just glad you're not hurt. That ability of yours is amazing!” Wait until Theron heard about this. Finally, he said, “Verona... that's a nice name.” It was pretty, he liked it.

Of course she would ask how he found her. The cyborg pushed a robotic hand through his hair, messing it up even further, embarrassed. Come to think of it, what he had done was almost close to stalking. He hadn't realized that in the heat of the moment, thinking of how much good he could do and all the people he could save, the girl included. But, he couldn't lie to her, now could he? Not when he'd just succeeded in gaining her trust, at least a little. “Uh, well... you see...” He began, “I knew you were special from the moment I laid eyes on you. There's a setting in my visual systems, see, lets me read the energy signatures people give off. All the supers and mutants give off a signal that's way different from a normal human.” He was painfully aware of how crazy the words sounded as they came out of his mouth. Why had Grumman Bionics given him this ability? Why had they souped him up so much at all? Surely the weaponry he was equipped with wasn't necessary for every day life. “I knew you were gifted, I just didn't know how. I wanted to see for myself,” he beamed his smile down at her. “Sorry you got hurt, though... I didn't want that.”

Clyde's smile faded as Verona began to put herself down. Asking what good she would be. The half-robot had always hated it when people were down on themselves like this. Ever confident in himself and everyone around him, he rarely questioned his abilities. It almost hurt him when other people did, when they couldn't see how amazing they truly were. He wanted to reach out and touch her, wanted to show her. Instead, he spoke. “Hey, don't say things like that. It's not always about fighting,” he explained to her. “Sometimes it's just about helping people, about saving people. You're amazing at that, I can already tell.” The blonde boy hoped that would make her feel better. “Truth is, I came back to see if you'd join us, and now that I've seen what you can do, there's no doubt in my mind that you'd make an amazing addition to the team.” There were so many good things she could do with her powers, and he wanted to help her. “We can help you improve, give you somewhere safe to live,” he added. “We've got a base in New Olympia.” He wouldn't give that information out to just anyone, but he knew he could trust her.

you got blood on yo' face / you big disgrace / wavin' your banner all over the placexxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                          ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━xxxxxxx
                                          ELECTROKID ✧✧

broshades's Wife

Fashionable Kitten

User Image
                                                  susan itou
                                                  ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
                                                  and you already know
                                                  that you follow your soul

★★

Susan was shocked. He'd been keeping these powers a secret from her for all these years? Honestly, she was more surprised that Theron was able to keep them a secret, moreso than she was surprised he'd kept them from her at all. Once again, she found herself wondering if his father knew. Once again, she concluded that the politician likely had no idea. She didn't dare ask, not wanting to risk poking at a sore spot. She was just getting to know him again, after all.

Theron reached out to touch her, and the black-haired girl felt herself tense up. Physical contact felt strange now, foreign, almost unwelcome. But, he had been her closest friend at one point, and she had to learn to trust him again if they were going to make any progress. As he spoke, though, Susan wondered just exactly what she had signed herself up for when she admitted to needing his help. Where else could she go, though? Who else could she have turned to? The gifted girl was very lucky she had someone like Theron in her life, good-hearted and capable of helping her through these troubling, and confusing times.

He assured her that she was safe here, and Susan let out a small sigh, exhaling through her nose. “I haven't shown this to anyone else,” she told him, seriousness in her tone. The girl wasn't even sure of the true extent of her powers, all she knew were the things she practiced alone, in her bedroom. Could Theron really help her discover herself? A part of her was apprehensive, but she knew that she could trust him with her secrets at the very least. It was a nice feeling to have someone who could understand her. “This is all new to me, so, don't judge me, okay?” She was half-teasing, but she was feeling self-conscious all of the sudden. Opening herself up to him meant becoming vulnerable, and it made her a little uncomfortable.

Taking a step back, making her way farther into the training room, she drew in a deep breath. She felt the speedster's emerald eyes upon her, his gaze burning into her. Her pale hands trembled as she readied herself. “Photokinesis, the manipulation of light. That's what I do,” she told him, bringing her hand up to the top of her head, open with her palm facing inward, toward her face. She drew it down slowly, moving over her body. As her arm moved down, she began to fade from sight, or so it seemed. Truly, she was simply bending the visible light around her body, and if he squinted hard enough, he would see a faint glimmer of movement as Susan made her way across the room, lifting up one of the dumbells on a rack of equipment nearby. To the normal eye, it appeared that the weights were floating in midair, but when she moved her free, mostly invisible, hand, the dumbell also disappeared from sight. “I can bend the light around myself, and things I'm touching,” she told him, her voice seeming to ring out from nowhere. “I bet there's other things I could do, with practice,” she admitted, a slight hint of confidence in her voice.

Setting the weights back down in their proper place, she moved her hand again and appeared visible before him once more. “Uh, I know it's not a super power, but I'm still pretty good at fighting, too, she told him, a shy smirk playing at the corners of her lips. She had inherited a love and talent for martial arts from her father, who had been a relatively talented competitor in his spare time before he traveled to America and met her mother. “So, Theron, what do you think?”

★★

you know you got your name in lights
                                                  ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
                                                  spectre
User Image

I am thinking it's a sign That the freckles in our eyes Are mirror images and when we kiss They're perfectly aligned
And I have to speculate, that God himself did make us Into corresponding shapes like puzzle pieces from the clay

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
And true it may seem like a stretch » But it's thoughts like this that catch My troubled head when you're away « When I am missing you to death

“Scanning system?” She breathed. When they met a week before, she knew he was a cyborg, but not to what degree. Had he tagged her then, to later stalk her and find her like today? Had been following her for days now? Did he know where she lived? Or was it pure luck that when he came to Morbus, this scanning system just picked her out. Before she could think of the possibilities, her thoughts were cut short by his compliment. He liked her name. Blushing, she ran another hand nervously through her hair, she muttered a thank you.

Then he began to explain the system himself. It was a little unsettling. . If he had a system that could pin point and highlight those with special abilities, he was sure to have more tricks up his sleeves. But why have a scanning system like that? She couldn’t even begin to understand such technology existed. Or why it was even made. Grumman Bionics is an impressive, yet terrifying company. Demarcus had spoken to her before, about how the business was corrupt. How they had a secrete agenda. Then again, Demarcus believed the whole world was against him, trying to kill him, so he was defensive and against everything. No matter how good it was. He’d always say, ‘too good to be true’.

That couldn’t be true about Clyde, right?

He’s smile was dazzaling. She enjoyed it a lot. Hearing him apologized for her clumsiness, she shook her head and stopped him, “No, it okay! That was my fault, not yours at all. I should have known better than to try and climb that,” She mentioned, as she waved her hand at the mountain of debris behind them. And then she had begun to put herself down, but he wouldn’t stand for that. It surprised her. Listening, he body slightly tense, she started to relax as she realized the truth in his words. Defensive was just as important as offensive. He was encouraging. She felt heat rise to her cheeks and he explained himself, and his thoughts. He believed she’d be great, on their team of crime fighters. Her, little ole’ shy, weak Verona. She couldn’t help but smile ear to ear.

“You really think so?” And then he spoke of helping her improve, followed by a base in New Olympia. “In… Olympia?” A little stunned by the offer, she turned her attention towards a shadowing skyscraper in the distance, the dark clouds giving the tall building a dark, yet beautiful hue. She had dreamed about living there, but had dismissed it so many times, because it seemed useless. But yet, here was Clyde, asking her to join him in the massive utopia. Excitement bubbled inside her, overriding the doubt and fear she had for leaving the safety she had grown to live with behind. “I’d love to join you,” She finally blurted out, turning her eyes back to the golden orbs that were the Cyborg’s.

Oh how Demarcus is going to be pissed.

“Could we go there tonight?” She asked, more boldly then she was known to shown. For once, she felt empowered to her own decision. She refused to hold herself back because Hades disagreed. She wasn’t a little girl anymore. She had her own rights, too. And besides, she’s never been inside New Olympia before. She was itching to see the silver city close and personal. Wringing her fingers together, she fought the urge to bounce around. How lucky was she? Just as she thought she’d have to wear her gift like a burden, she was being offered to use it as a blessing. Which is exactly what it was.

User Image

through playful lips made of { yarn } that f r a g i l e Capricorn
                              x x x x x x x Unraveled words like moths upon old scarves —→ I know the world's a broken bone
                              x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x but melt your headaches, call it home

He remained quiet as he watched her unfold. She was nervous, but so was he. A smile twitched at the corner of his lip as she asked him not to judge. Why would he judge? Jeez, this girl was silly. Though he understood where she was coming from. Until Theron met Clyde, no one knew of his ability. He had kept it to himself for years. Years! Not even his father knows. Then again, he’s father doesn’t know a lot. They’re no exactly on the best terms. But the blond male was the least judgmental person there could be. All he had to offer was support and encouragement.

She stepped towards the center of the training room, where she announced aloud what gift she had. It was something he hadn’t heard before, nor thought about. If she could manipulate light, the possibilities could be endless. To demonstrate what she had discovered so far, she lifted her hand to come up to her face, then go slowly down the front. But as she did this, she began to vanish. A large, uncontrollable smile plastered his face as he found this astounding. “Susan!” He gasped. Within seconds, she was gone, or well, invisible. “That is amazing!” He blurted, excitement taking over.

He had no idea where she was, until a dumbbell across the room was lifted into the air and then disappeared. Before she explained it herself, he put two and two together. Theron wasn’t a genius, but he was smart. He spent plenty of his spare time studying random subjects, but it never dawned upon him that for invisibility to work, it would be the work of bending light. Then again, it wasn’t like light was a physical object that could be easily bent like a paperclip. It was absolutely fascinating that she was gifted with this ability. She certainly could do more; it’s just a matter of figuring out what.

Returning the dumbbell to its right spot, Susan returned to her regular stay, being visible for Theron to smile at like a goon. She was a wonder. “I can’t begin to explain how amazing that is,” He started. “But that is defiantly a super power,” He assured, a hint of teasing sparkling in his eyes. “And you’re right. You have the craziest martial art skills I’ve ever seen, still. If I help you with your gift, you definitely have to teach me some of those mad moves. Deal?” He asked, sticking his hand out for her to shake on it. “If you stick with me, there’s nothing we can’t do. I mean it, Susan, there’s no going back once the door’s been open. Are you ready to accept everything?” He was serious, but his smile said otherwise. Not everything’s going to be fun and games. They can get hurt and they will be in danger at times, but to Theron, it’s all worth it. But he couldn’t speak for her. She needed to speak for herself. And whatever she chooses, he’s okay with it.

broshades's Wife

Fashionable Kitten

User Image
xx✧✧ CLYDE OZARK
xxxxxxx━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxbuddy you're a young man, hard man / shoutin' in the street, gonna take on the world some day

The thought of Grumman Bionics had always unsettled Clyde just a bit. Sure, they'd saved his life, rehabilitated him, helped him learn how to function as a robot. But at what price? The administrators had told him there would be no monetary compensation involved. They told him to enjoy his time as a cyborg, and that they would send for him when they were ready for him to repay his debt. The boy wasn't sure what they had meant by that, and frankly, he'd been living in slight fear ever since. Afraid that one day, someone from Grumman would show up at his doorstep. He had no idea what they would ask of him, but something told him it couldn't be anything good. He tried not to dwell on it very often, it only dragged him down.

Watching Verona with excited, golden eyes, he perked up a bit when she appeared to show more interest in his initiative. She seemed to be awestricken by the very idea of New Olympia and it made him smile. The healer had probably never been to the silver city, and Clyde felt as though he'd be introducing her to an entirely new world. He almost couldn't wait to see the expression of shock and surprise on her cute face when he got to bring her. The cyborg was so lost in the fantasy of it all that he barely heard her when she said she was interested in joining. Surprised., he snapped back to attention and stared at her, almost in disbelief. Then, he broke out into an excited grin. “Really!?” He asked eagerly, “Oh, man, this is great news!” Theron would be so pleased. Hell, he was pretty pleased with himself. The blonde male was worried this trip to Morbus would have been for nothing.

The snowy-haired girl asked if he could take her to New Olympia tonight, and he felt that it was almost too good to be true. Still, he was far too happy with the outcome to be concerned with any consequences. Her male companion, “Hades,” was at the back of his mind now, the least of his worries. “You wanna go tonight? Sure!” The cyborg clapped his hands together, energy bubbling up inside him. “Why don't you go grab anything you might need from home and we'll be on our way. We've got a base of operations and everything,” not information he should share with just anyone, but Verona wasn't just anyone anymore, was she? “If you don't want me to see where you live, I'll wait right here,” he wanted to make sure she knew that she could trust him. Looking her up and down with his electronic eyes, he pursed his lips for a moment. “We should probably grab you some new clothes when we get to the city,” he chuckled a little. “You might worry people, with all that blood on your shirt.”

you got blood on yo' face / you big disgrace / wavin' your banner all over the placexxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                          ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━xxxxxxx
                                          ELECTROKID ✧✧

broshades's Wife

Fashionable Kitten

User Image
                                                  susan itou
                                                  ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
                                                  and you already know
                                                  that you follow your soul

★★

When she had finished, and faded back into view, Susan couldn't help but feel proud of herself. Showing someone else her powers had lifted a weight off her shoulders that she didn't even know was there. It was a relief knowing that she didn't have to bear this burden alone. As she looked back to Theron, for the first time in a long time, she couldn't help but feel glad for his presence. Then, suddenly, the young woman couldn't help but feel guilty for the way she'd treated the speedster boy for so long. They were best friends, once upon a time, but she'd spent the last several months-- before and after her disappearance-- pushing him away. Perhaps it was time to rekindle their friendship. There was always time to start anew.

His enthusiasm only made her feel better about herself.. Theron was always so full of life, and in turn, it filled her with a hope and energy that hadn't been there when she appeared at the doors into his base of operations. Susan completely forgot about how self-conscious she felt just a moment ago. Revealing her super powers was a sign of vulnerability, at least for her, but she knew now that she could let her guard down around Theron. If there was only one person in this world she could trust, Susan knew it would be him. He had always been loyal, honest and supportive. “Really? You think so?” She had been worried her gift wouldn't be all that impressive. On occasion, she questioned its usefulness when it came to saving people, but then again, that's where her ability to fight came into play.

Listening to him talk, the girl chuckled a little as he mentioned her martial arts. The black-haired girl couldn't imagine Theron fighting, but he should probably learn if he was going to make this superhero business a full-time job. “You've got a deal, then,” she said with a slight smirk, taking his hand to take on it. Then, her icy eyes narrowed and her lips curved into the slightest of frowns. He was right, after all. There was no turning back once she agreed to this with him. But what else could she do? Live in fear of being discovered? Try to make it out there on her own? Who knows, maybe she'd even find some answers if she joined up with him. Though she was still skeptical on the whole crime-fighting aspect, but making a positive difference in the world was better than wasting her abilities on stupid things. “Okay... I'm ready, Theron.” She nodded her head. “We can do this.”

★★

you know you got your name in lights
                                                  ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
                                                  spectre
User Image

I am thinking it's a sign That the freckles in our eyes Are mirror images and when we kiss They're perfectly aligned
And I have to speculate, that God himself did make us Into corresponding shapes like puzzle pieces from the clay

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
And true it may seem like a stretch » But it's thoughts like this that catch My troubled head when you're away « When I am missing you to death

Saying Verona was excited, is an understatement. Everything she wanted, dreamed, and could dream, was coming true, all at once. She would become a hero, like Clyde, and live in the silver city. Not once, since it’s been built has she stepped into its limits. It’s very frowned upon that those from Morbus enter Olympia without an invitation. If someone was to waltz in there, without an invitation, or an escort, that person would face an unlikely, terrible welcoming. So she stayed away. But not anymore. Now she was being welcomed inside and words couldn’t begin to describe how she felt.

But she couldn’t leave just yet, the cyborg was right; she could use a few things from home.

“Oh, yea, right.” She stumbled a bit, a little nervous. All she could think was entering the city and being a part of it. She had forgotten her appearance and any belongings she may need to take along for her journey. Running a hand through her white hair once more, she smiled too widely as she offered him to follow her. “You’re more than welcomed to come along. It’s not safe here anyways,” She encouraged him, with the smallest tease. “Though I should warn you, it’s towards the outskirts, so it’s an hour trek. Demarcus and I like the privacy.” Oh, s**t. Demarcus. How could she have forgotten him?

Probably because he’s pretty damn selfish, and he’s forgotten you a few times, a cold voice whispered from the back of her head.

Wrapped in her own dreams, her best friend, her brother, had slipped outside her mind. How could she leave him? Go to Olympia without him. Plus! He had denied Clyde’s offer once before, how would he say yes now? He wouldn’t. Instead, he would be enraged and challenge the cyborg male to a fight, for stepping into his terrain and stealing his baby sister. She couldn’t help but chew on her bottom lip as her mind raced around the ‘what if’.

Clyde’s offer of new clothes from the city pulled her back to reality. Glancing down at herself, she stared at the drying blood and laughed, faintly, sheepishly. “And this was my best outfit too,” She whispered, a little sadden that it was ruined. Shaking her head, she perked herself up; it was time to move on. “Well let’s get going, we’ll need all the sunlight we can get,” She informed him as she began to lead the way. Going back the way they came, when she had dragged him through their chase, they made their way back to the main street of downtown. The crowd was much thicker now; the streets filthy and reaching and unworldly smells, oh how she wouldn’t be missing this. “Stay close,” She whispered, as she leaned back a minute, pressing into him for before she move forward.

The thick, crowded streets, made the travel towards the outskirts longer than it should. But once they were out of Morbus’ city limits, the air was cleaner, the area more open. What surrounded them were the remains of Old New York, its collapsed building and abandoned cars coated in wildlife, mother Earth claiming what’s rightfully hers once again. To Verona, it was quite beautiful. She loved living out here, it was quiet and peaceful, and well, you couldn’t beat the privacy. “Isn’t it breathtaking? To think… this used to be a glorious city once, but now? A growing forest,” She spoke, making a small conversation between the two to kill time.

“I’ll miss living out here, more than anything. I could care less about Morbus, but this. This I would miss.” She admitted honestly. But she couldn’t beat living in the city. She would have running water, power. Luxuries she only dreamed about. “What do you like about New Olympia?” She suddenly asked, curious to hear everything Clyde had to say. She liked when he talked. There was just something about his voice, his use of words. She liked it.

Finally coming across the most stable appearing building standing, Verona raised her hand as to show case her home. “Home sweet home!” Though vines covered the building and all the windows were shattered, and practically half the building was missing, it was the best one Demarcus and she found to call their own. “You might want to watch your step,” She warned, leading the way through the damaged entrance. Going straight towards the staircase, they climbed three flights, before they approached a steal door. Shoving the door to the left, as it slid into the wall, she revealed the studio apartment and all its reconstructed glory. “Demarcus? I’m back!” She called out, a part of her hoping he wasn’t home.

“Back already? Did you get anything?” A disgruntled voice called from the farthest bedroom; his room.

Coming forth, he stepped into the living room, dressed in nothing more than torn, low riding jeans that rested a little to far down his hips. A smile was plastid on his lips at first, but as soon as his ice blue eyes landed on the male in the bright orange jacket, his body tensed and his lips pressed into a thin line, his eyebrows narrowing downward. “Who the ******** is this?” He demanded his voice a deep, threatening growl. Taking long strides forward, he cocked his head to the side as he study the young man, gears turning in his head until everything clicked. “You.” He blurted. “You’re the cyborg that accomplice that prep boy the other night, recruiting ‘super heroes’. I thought I already told you no.”

“You did, but I told him yes,” Verona butt in, stepping between the two, shielding Clyde despite her small stature. “I want to go, Demarcus.” She whispered, suddenly under the weight of their relationship, their history. She didn’t want to hurt him, or betray him, but she wanted to do something good. Something right. “I want to do something with myself. I have these powers for a reason, shouldn’t I use them?”

He rolled his eyes, “Really? Are we going to have this conversation again?”

“Demarcus, please! I’m going. I’ve decided that.” She blurted, her voice rising to a level that even surprised herself. “You can stay here, or come with us. That’s it.” Her face was hot and she felt tears brimming her eyes. This was the hardest thing she’d had to face since the extinction of half the world. And just like then, there was the bang and then haunting silence. Staring at each other, she waited for his response. His eyes bore into hers as he processed the reality of the situation. And then he answered.

“Fine. I’m going too.”

“What?” She breathed.

“What?” He snapped, a little flustered. “You’d think I’d let you run off with some stranger to New Olympia to play ‘super heroes’ by yourself? I don’t think so.” He gruffed. Turning to Clyde, he raised an eyebrow and asked, “Whether it’s too late to change my answer or not, I’m coming with you two, got it?” It was a challenge. He was obviously older than the boy and wasn’t afraid to but a youngster in his place. Respect your elders, you know.

“So what now?” He asked, a little irritated, but defeated.

Smiling, though she knew she shouldn’t, she was feeling excited again. “We pack our bags and head for Olympia,” She explained, side stepping towards her room. “Let’s hurry then, we’re running out of sunlight,” She urged Demarcus to leave the two alone. Honestly, she was afraid to leave the two boys alone, especially right now, as tensions were still a bit too high. But between the two street rats, it only took them a good ten minutes to stuff a torn backpack with belongings they couldn’t leave behind. Meeting back in the living room, Verona adjusted her bag, before asking the other two, “Ready?” She could barely contain her excitement. This was really happening, but what threw her over the top, was Demarcus agreeing to go after all. She was surprised, honestly. He really did love her.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff