I want to see you, but an invisible wave pushes us
                        Again, just a little more distance

I wanna be with you
                            Someday even this distance
                            We'll be able to embrace
                            We can start sooner
                            After all I wanna be with you

Taught me what loneliness is ☁

Life had started out happy, simple, but life was also cruel and tended to make things worse when you least expected it. He had that experience when he was called into the hospital the day he had graduated high school, their parents had been in an accident. Someone had knocked their car off the road from whipping around a corner too fast, killing their father instantly, and leaving their mother with life threatening injuries. That day was always a blur for him, any other kid would be celebrating, having a graduation party, or celebrating with friends, instead he was holding his dying mother's hand, promising that he would take care of his younger brother.

Arnold kept his promise, working a full time job, but also taking night classes for his degrees, yes degrees, he wasn't majoring in just one field like many did, all the while making sure his sibling had everything he needed. However, because he had now become his sibling's guardian he found himself acting more as an adult, as a parent figure than just a big brother finding he had no time to goof off and act his age. No time. No time at all. It was probably this that had started the rift between the two of them that would only continue to escalate until they were at each other's throats. When his brother was old enough to take care of himself, Arnold had no quarrels when his brother wanted to go off and do his own thing so he could immerse himself in his work. Which he did. In the the next few years, Arnold become a well known scientist for creating several cures, saving endangered species, numerous things that got him praise, awards, interviews, and enough funding to last him a lifetime.

However, life was funny, and it seemed to enjoy tormenting him when he was at his highest when on a stormy night his brother decided to pay him a visit. He was alone in his lab, at first the talk was civil, but soon it escalated into a screaming match before watching his younger sibling storm out. If had not been that guilt that soon gnawed at him that he knew he had been ignoring his sibling, and had gone off to follow him. Everything was such slow motion as he watched his brother get injured, the night they lost their parents flashed through his mind as he cradled his dying sibling in his arms. Oh he couldn't lose the other, he just couldn't! An idea came to his mind, it would be risky, perhaps even mad, but he was going to try it to save his brother. He carried the other back into his lab, to a private room only he had access to, there he hooked his brother up to monitors, life support, and everything else while he worked in a hurried manner against time. The man grabbed his precious case of plant DNA, looking at all the work he had spent gathering it, but he glanced to his mangled sibling's body knowing which was more important.

Hours he had spent infusing the plant DNA with his brother's, mixing it in with hopes it would save the other, and save it did. He had spent all night by the other's side, amazed at how quickly the DNA worked with his brother's fixing what would have been impossible for doctors to fix. When the other was sleeping he would be working, documenting on the side of what he had done to his brother while monitoring his vitals constantly for any change in him. Aside from the rapid healing there didn't seem to be any real changes, so far, unknowing of what was to happen in the days to come.

Today was no other as Arnold strolled quietly down the hall, carrying a tray of food, swiping his keycard, unlocking the room door as he entered. "Brother? I've brought you some of your favorites. " He said softly as he stepped into the room quietly, glancing over at where the other was, knowing that the tension between them was high currently, but he was trying his best to get the other to forgive him. The male setting the tray of food down gently, "You won't regain your strength if you don't eat."

I wanna be with you now ______________________
                        Look at our distance with the two of us ______________________
                        We can still make it ______________________

__________We should stay T O G E T H E R
                        __________After all, I need to be with Y O U

CreativeCursedChild

ooc:// hope this was alright. and being totally lazy and just reusing an old post format i barely even used to begin with

Dedicated Shopper

5,175 Points
  • Party Member 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Loiterer 100
I am a monster now...
I don't understand my body anymore...
I am changing..
Why did you change me?...

"Are you kidding me? We were never close, you just made promises you couldn't keep! You were the favorite, the one that everybody loved, well, I am tired of living in your shadow. I am going to go out and make something of my life, I will be famous, everyone will know me and I will never have to see you again!." - These word haunt me when I close my eyes, it is so easy to hate you and yet so hard to think I could love you.

My name is Greywin Alexander Frost and I am monster, nice to meet you.

This house had changed so many times over the years. At first, it had been the place their family had moved, a new home with hopes and dreams lining the walls and floors. Then it had changed to a place of comfort, security and warmth. After that, a place of quiet mourning and sadness. Then a place where he felt trapped, where the very air itself seemed to take a bit of his life with every breath. Now, it was just quiet isolation, more so a prison than it ever had been before. He didn't get to go up into his home anymore, the place where even at the worst time he could close his eyes and imagine a memory that made the pain retreat for a short while. This dark, strangely lit place he was forced to stay in was his brother's domain, a place only the older man could possibly ever find comfort in. It was ironic, however, that in his attempt to escape the man and place he hated so much, now he found himself trapped with both.

Honestly, he hadn't even seen the car coming. It just happened so quick. It was like he was known for paying attention to his surroundings, his brother had always been the highly perceptive one. Even when the car had hit him, he hadn't registered what really happened. It was one brief moment of the worst pain he had felt in his life, another few moments where he felt like he was dancing through air and then everything went black when he slammed into the pavement. As he tried to remember the rest, it physically hurt him, a headache forming that made the man groan as he leaned forward and placed the palms of his hands on his forehead. There had been rain and he could hear his brother's voice, he could feel the man's hands on him and then another sharp wave of pain had stolen his senses from him. At first, he had felt dead. Can someone actually feel dead? His brother would know, the man always knew everything.

For some reason a foreign memory from long ago had come to him while he was out, the darkness illuminating to show him a scene he had forgotten. It was back when he had been learning to play the piano, it was the only skill he ever truly developed that made him feel superior to his brother in any way. It was his first performance and he was thirteen years old. Of course, the older man was there, his brother was always there. Hell, it didn't matter if it was his birthday or anything about him, Arnold was always there. Always drawing everyone's gaze and always being the one everyone wanted to speak to and compliment. But, that wasn't the part of memory that came to him. It was afterwards, when he hadn't been paying attention and stumbled down the stairs that led off the stage. He had sprained his ankle, his brother having to carry him to their car before taking him home. The man was strong too for an intelligent type, Greywin always remembered his strong arms. But, why?...

He was jarred from his thoughts when his brother entered the room, his whole demeanor instantly turning hostile at first. His shoulders straightened, his hazels eyed gaze glaring and his hands balling into fists as he tried to hide any pain he was suffering from. Greywin wouldn't give Arnold the satisfaction of thinking there was any weakness to him, yeah, he had been hit by a car, so what? He would recover from this. His brother would have never survived being hit by a vehicle. "Do I seem hungry to you?" He asked simply, moving to stand as his nearly naked frame stretched. Since the accident and the various surgeries his brother had to perform, Greywin was only allowed to wear a pair of white shorts and a tank top. He didn't really understand why but he wasn't too shy so it didn't matter. "Hell, aren't flowers supposed to take in chlorophyll or something like that? Let me outside and I am sure all my strength will come rolling back " His tone was biting and angry, the boy looking away from his brother before glancing up to the only source of natural light.

A small window was there, far from his reach. He had already tried escaping once since his accident but, of course, he had fallen and busted his stitches, his brother running in to be the grand savior. Then a lot of the furniture had been removed, now there was his stationary bed and a few electronics to keep him from going insane. Though, it might be a little late to save his sanity. "I want out" He said flatly, brushing his long, shoulder length black hair from his shoulders as he glanced to the other man. How many times had they had this conversation? A few, it never got him anywhere but it didn't mean that Greywin would stop trying any time soon. "Come on, just for a little while, you can watch me and everything, don't you want me happy brother? Because down here... I ain't f*cking happy!" He had begun with a soft tone before suddenly screaming the last part at Arnold turning his back to the man and wrapping his arms around himself. Why did he feel so angry? Hell, things weren't going his way but usually he had more of a hold on things than this. He just felt so damned mad and his blood boiled, ever since the accident he had felt it, something inside him wasn't right. It caused weird feelings and at night when he slept it felt like his body was operating without him knowing it. The idea of that being true scared him...

"Arnold... Whats wrong with me?"

We aren't brothers, we couldn't be...
So many differences between us...
Now, we don't ever really share the same blood...
Just leave me like everyone else...

Because you see, down this is my hell...
Yet, down here has always been your heaven...
They both can't exist together so neither can we.

Mythical Loverboy

User Image

I wanna be with you
                            We'll be able to embrace
                            We can start sooner

Arnold did not flinch when the other snapped at him, folding his hands behind his back as he stood there stiff and stoic as ever as his eyes focused on his brother. Even if he didn't show it, he had been a nervous wreck for the past several days, wondering if his brother would be okay. The man wondering if the other even remembered that night when their parents died, he wasn't young like a toddler, but in his mind he was nothing but a child. "You are still human. You will need to eat food some time, and I rather you did it willingly instead of through a tube." If he had to, he would sedate Greywin to get some food into him, but he rather avoid such a thing. Pinching the bridge of his nose at the other's irritated comment, the man shaking his head gently side to side, "For you to try and escape again? Greywin I don't want to keep you locked up...but until you're healed up and you have no side effects from the infusing. You'll have to remain here in the lab." He explained simply, glancing at his watch for a moment as a thought bounced around in his head. The man didn't think deeply on it as he glanced up at the other when he heard the question, his brow furrowing lightly as he stepped slightly closer to the other, but kept his distance knowing the other didn't appreciate his presence at the moment.

"Your body is trying to cope with the new DNA , since...you had died for a few brief minutes. But...there's nothing wrong with you, you're still you my brother."

The scientist not wanting to go into super detail as he once more glanced at his watch, or should he say their father's watch, it had been left to him, just as their parents left them several things in their will from when they had passed. Exhaling softly, Arnold looked to his brother, his stern expression wavering only slightly, "I will let you outside, if you eat some of your food. Please don't try to escape brother, I just want you better." It pained him in a way to see the hatred in the other's eyes, when there were many moments when the other was so dependent on him, how innocent, averting his gaze as he stood by the door patiently. He never thought in a million years his brother would become one of his experiments, but what choice did he have? The doctors wouldn't have been able to do anything with how badly hurt he had been, at least with the plant DNA, he didn't have to worry about the other going animal like.

Dedicated Shopper

5,175 Points
  • Party Member 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Loiterer 100
I am a monster now...
I am changing..

Greywin looked to his brother, his gaze holding a mix of speculation and disbelief before he simply let his shoulders fall and walked over, sitting next to the tray his brother had brought him. Arnold was the smart one, he won every argument so there was just no point to it all, besides his stomach hurt from not eating much the past few days. "Did you have the chef make this for me?" He asked the man curiously, placing the tray in his lap while looking down at it. He was hungry yet for some reason his stomach twists at the idea of eating this food, most of his favorites were here and yet it was like he hated them. However, after a testing moment he began eating slowly, bite by bite before grimacing and looking up at Arnold. "It tastes weird going down" He admitted, gulping lightly then taking the tray and placing it away from him.

He was quiet after this for a while, his hazel gaze connected to the brick wall across from him as the severity of what his brother had said finally seeped in. He had died? Well, that made sense but hearing Arnold say it unnerved him for some reason. Maybe some deep, psychological side had been playing off the fact that Greywin hadn't known what happened and now that he did it left him feeling honestly frightened. "You saved me?" He questioned, his gaze switching back to the man, it was the first time he hadn't glared at the man since he had woke up. Actually, it was the first time in before he could remember his gaze hadn't held such contempt for the man across from him. He opened his mouth to speak a few times but nothing came out, his words frozen inside his stomach where that cold feeling had formed. But, was it really for him? No, he knew it was for his brother. Arnold had been left completely alone. They had almost lost each other and, though Greywin would never admit it the idea left him feeling lost.

"L-let's go outside, I won't run" He said softly, moving to stand before realizing his legs shook for a moment. No, be strong and don't let Arnold see this. It would be a testament to his strength that he could handle even death and still be himself. "You promised and I ate" Greywin told him matter-of-fact like, motioning to the tray that had barely been touched before slowly taking a step towards the man. The air between him and his brother was like an invisible chasm that separated them, the younger seeming to sense it as he wrapped his arms around himself. Were his hands shaking? He didn't have the heart to look because he could feel them so he tried holding onto his upper arms, thinking it would make it less visible. "I would like- I mean, I want a change of clothes, this stuff is cold, it is freezing down here" The younger brother explained while forcing his gaze up to meet Arnold's eyes. He wouldn't admit he was afraid, it wasn't hard, just remain yourself.

Mythical Loverboy

User Image

I wanna be with you
                            We'll be able to embrace
                            We can start sooner

"Yes. Since I cannot cook. " Despite being a scientific genius , cooking was not something that he was really able to do, at all really, the man remembering the times he tried cooking meals for the two of them. The brunette remembering the times when he cooked for his brother, how embarrassing it was, and how they usually had take out because of it. He almost smiled at the memories , but hesitated as he watched Greywin have a couple bites of food, glad to see the other eating at least something. Keeping quiet as he watched the other eat, before looking away as he rested his arms against his chest for the time being. Remaining silent for a moment at the question as he thought about how he was to answer such a delicate topic, "Of course I did. You're my brother. I wouldn't let anything happen to you..." Even though he wished his brother hadn't gotten hit by a car, but he knew he could only blame himself, if he hadn't buried himself in his work pushing himself away from the other, then maybe the other wouldn't have come accusing him, arguing with him that he was avoiding him to no end and must not really cared about him.

"Very well."

Arnold pulled out his keycard, unlocking the door, the male stepped out waiting for the other, quirking a brow when he noticed the other shiver. Hm. He supposed it was fairly chilly, but he must have been used to it, and the fact he was always wearing a labcoat anyway when here in the lab. Although, he wondered also if the other was more sensitive to the cold because of the plant dna now infused with his human one. Giving a slow nod, Arnold motioned for the other to follow him as he headed down another part of the lab, "Fine. But no shoes." Allowing the other only slippers while he was staying here, since again, he couldn't take the risk of the other running off somewhere when he was still healing. The man leading the other to where they stored several clothes, all white, minus a few colored shirts, unlocking the cabinet, letting the other pick what he wanted as he stood there patiently.

He figured they could walk around for an hour, maybe more if the other behaved himself, but he wasn't sure how likely that was , but he would have the benefit of the doubt that Greywin wouldn't try running away again. Arnold not really wanting to have to tranquilize his brother again, since he also wanted to make sure the other got healed up alright, and to keep an eye on his DNA as it was a bit of a blur if any side effects were going to happen.

Dedicated Shopper

5,175 Points
  • Party Member 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Loiterer 100
I am a monster now...
I am changing..

Greywin followed his brother quietly, choosing to acquiesce to the fact he would have to be good or else get another tranquilizer in his shoulder. The fight they had when he woke the next morning was enough to make him think twice about trying to escape. Sure, this place was his own hell but it always seemed when he rebelled against Arnold, it bit him in the butt. So, for now he would play at being good so that maybe the other would drop his guard, then he would escape. An annoyed look formed on his face as a series of hard to understand emotions formed in him at the thought of finally being away from the other. Perhaps, the universe was determined to keep them together? After all, when he had left, Greywin wasn't going to ever come back but then that car hit him and now he was back in his brother's care. Was this his curse or Arnold's?.

He picked through the clothes he was allowed to choose from, picking from the small colored assortment and taking out a pale red shirt which he placed to the side. "We wouldn't want shoes, they might mess up my roots" the younger muttered under his breath before reaching down and slowly tugging his tank top off, a pained groan escaping him as he tossed the article aside. He may have healed but that didn't stop his body from aching, his insides still slowly forming together properly after the incident. "Remember when we were little? Mom used to make us hold hands" Greywin asked, turning his back to the man before sliding down his shorts and grasping a pair of clean, white pants. His hand protectively covered his stomach for a moment, a strange mark having formed there after his surgeries, it tingled sometimes and for some reason it bothered him. "It was always fun pulling away from you, then you would chase me down and hold me in the air... You always worried so much" The genuine smile that formed on his lips was only there for a moment before it quickly vanished. What was he smiling for? Their lives weren't happy. Besides, why had he thought of that memory anyways?

He forced himself through the pain of sliding his tee-shirt on, unwilling to let Arnold help him while the man adjusted his clothing before looking over to the other. Something was off about his brother, he had a sixth sense of these things. Had the man been worrying about him possibly? Well, of course. If his brother's peers discovered what he did to his younger brother it would be seen as horrid. Possibly for the first time in their lives, Arnold would have made a mistake. "I am alive, you saved me, leave it at that and stop worrying" Greywin ordered, his blunt words have a slightly softer side before he approached the other. Even though it was stifling, the chasm between them threatening to swallow the young brother up, he couldn't stop himself from suddenly embracing his older brother. The hug was brief, quick and nearly emotionless, barely lasting five seconds before Greywin quickly backed up. It had been the first time they had touched in... The longest time. But, yeah, it was just because he was pretending to be good. That was all, he had to make his brother believe things were getting better between them. Right? Yeah, that worked. "Let's go before I run off again" He stated awkwardly, looking down at the floor and motioning with his head to the doorway. Greywin always let Arnold lead, it was just easier being in his shadow.

Because you see, down here this is my hell...

Mythical Loverboy

User Image

I wanna be with you
                            We'll be able to embrace
                            We can start sooner

Arnold was so lost in thought that he had missed the snide comment about the shoes, but he did hear what the other said next. The man blinked in confusion, listening, and keeping his gaze averted as he remembered the memory quite well, and once again he felt that pain in his chest. Was this guilt? Guilt that perhaps he was not fulfilling the promise he had made to their dying mother as he held her hand for the last time. So much he wished their parents were still here, they would have done a better job at raising Greywin, the other might have even hated him a little less. "I always worried." He remembered that day when Greywin didn't want to listen to him anymore, to spit in his face that he would never be like their parents, and that he should just leave him alone. So much he wished that they could have worked it out, but Greywin had school, and he had a very important conference to go to that would have decided his future. If only things had been different.

He didn't comment on what his younger sibling said, but he certainly tensed up when he felt the sudden arms around him. Aside the fact it was his brother hugging him for those brief few seconds, its been a long time since anyone has even touched him. This hug was immensely foreign to him, that he couldn't help looking confused as he turned his head to look at the other, unable to believe Greywin just did that. Surely, he didn't mean it right? Right? Shaking it off as nothing, the man gave a simple nod before he started walking, "I rather you didn't. I didn't enjoy using a tranquilizer on you the first time." He said simply, hands resting in his coat pockets as he walked with the other, saying nothing to any of those he passed by. Despite being a well known (and respected) scientist, Arnold never had time to really make friends, nor did he see a point since he worked several hours of the day and night, and didn't really do parties, or social gatherings like other people. People like his brother. Oh he could remember the numerous times the other bouncing off to parties, or going to hang with friends, whereas he was either working or hunched over his desk.

Arnold walked silently beside the other, keeping his gaze forward as a million thoughts bounced around his brain, but he couldn't help being concerned about his brother. What if...? What if the effects were only temporary? What if he was only stalling time for the other to die? It gnawed at him deeply that once again someone he cared deeply for was almost snatched away because of a car accident. Granted, he was suing that person for everything they owned, and making sure they damn well were going to jail for what they did, of course he wasn't going to mention this to Greywin at all since he didn't need to know. "How are your injuries?" He asked as he glanced over at the other for a brief second, then looked away as he continued walking, making sure to keep a reasonable distance between the two of them for the sake of not having his brother lash out at him.

CreativeCursedChild

Dedicated Shopper

5,175 Points
  • Party Member 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Loiterer 100
I am a monster now...
I am changing..

This walk was immensely bittersweet to Greywin, his gaze wandering around as he quietly followed behind his older brother. The air outside his cell was like a sweet candy, it made his body hum in pleasure and the scents that wafted on the breeze made a small, secret smile form on his lips. Why had he never noticed this before? But, yet every time he truly did feel like he was becoming happy, the boy's eyes would drift down to his brother and those horrid emotions would well up inside of him again. There was a gap between them, they never could be more than a few feet within each other's personal space at a time. Everything always seemed to devolve into a fight. Sure, Greywin usually started them but was every fight really his fault? Arnold always mentioned how he was the older brother, how he was the one who mother had asked to care for him. Why hadn't mother believed that he could take care of himself? Sure, he had been younger but the younger brother had always tried his best to make everyone happy, to make them all proud. Instead, his mother had died thinking he needed a caretaker to make it through this harsh world.

When his brother spoke, Greywin glanced up curiously, almost having not heard him before feeling his brain suddenly order him to say something. "I can take care of myself" He stated, pausing in his stride while looking down at his hands. Something wet had fallen onto his finger tips and as he reached up, feeling the same wet feeling on his cheeks that was when he realized that it was tears. When had he begun crying? "I am fine" Greywin stated angrily, his words breaking slightly as he turned away from his brother and quickly begun walking down a separate path. He wasn't trying to escape, just more so needing to be away from the stifling air that seemed to surround them wherever they went. The boy ignored his sibling for a few moments, searching out a certain area of the path before finding the clearing that he wanted. Off to the side there was a brief patch of light shining down through one of the trees where he chose to sit himself, letting the sunlight grace his skin. He wrapped his arms around himself, drawing his knees up to his chest and looking away.

"So, when are you going to bring all your amazing scientific compatriots around? Don't you need to show me off to them, your grand experiment?" Greywin asked Arnold, his hazel gaze peering up at the man with a judging look. "Wouldn't want to wait until I eventually wilt" He muttered, cringing and then glancing up to the sky above him. The breeze felt good on his skin and in this light it seemed to calm the raging darkness inside him, though Greywin fought against this feeling. Every time he became happy something always happened to take that happiness away from him. It was better embracing the shadows inside him, they were the glue that kept his heart from ever breaking. For some reason, his eyes couldn't focus on the beautiful sun and cloud above him and instead his gaze traveled down to where Arnold was. That was when the worst mixture of regret and shame nearly made Greywin throw up, the boy biting down on his bottom lip tightly before speaking. "Do you hate me?" He asked, his gaze finally catching his brother's as he shivered lightly. Of course the man did, Arnold had turned him into a monster. It was hard to explain but everything in his body was changing and in the end he would probably turn into a rose or something like that.

Mythical Loverboy

User Image

I wanna be with you
                            We'll be able to embrace
                            We can start sooner

Arnold didn't say anything as he walked closely near his sibling, just silently observing as he watched the other, not even saying anything when the male veered off to head in a different direction. He simply followed, but stopped, keeping a distance between him and his brother, arms folded gently behind his back as he watched the other. Shaking his head at the question, a disapproving look on his face, "Never. You're not an experiment Greywin, nor a prize to show off to fellow scientists." He expected as much for the younger male to be bitter towards him, since it wasn't as though they've been close the past several years. The male took a few steps towards the other when questioned once again, this time his expression softened, well, as best he could anyway, since science, math, more intellectual things were more of his expertise, not emotions and interacting with people. "I could never hate you. I am surprised you don't hate me, well perhaps you do and just don't voice it, but I would not blame you. I stopped being in your life, I cared more about my work, and then I selfishly did this to you because I could not imagine being all alone in this world. " Arnold silenced himself as he stood there for a moment, still keeping his distance since he knew the other wasn't very keen on him at the moment. Which left him wondering about that hug from earlier, but decided to not question it as he just watched the other for a moment. Its been so long since he's last seen the other, and here he had dissected him, tampered with him, outcasted him from the world, away from friends, possibly a boyfriend or girlfriend, a pet, and simply because he didn't want the other to die on him.

"I know...I know I was never going to be like mom and dad. They would have done an amazing job raising you, would have known what to do for a lot of things that I didn't have a clue. And I'm sorry I was not a very good guardian to you. " Arnold feeling he should at least try to make some amends to Greywin, not that it would do much, but it did spark an idea. Pulling out his phone, he typed something before sending a message and looking back up at his sibling as he tucked his phone away for the time being.

"Greywin. Please, come with me. I have somewhere to show you that I think you will like. "

CreativeCursedChild

Dedicated Shopper

5,175 Points
  • Party Member 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Loiterer 100
I am a monster now...
I am changing..
Why did you change me?
Did you hate that I was human, like you?...

Greywin had been skeptical at first but upon entering the 'Plant and Bird Aviary' the boy found himself momentarily forgetting about what had happened to him. As his brother spoke about NOVA, an A.I that he had no idea could even exist in the realm of technology, he found himself wandering around, curiously inspecting the different plants. The grass felt so good on his feet and strangely, the boy found himself relaxing, as if being out of that basement, his prison, was what he had truly desired. This wasn't an escape, like his brother had said, there would be no visitors. But, to feel the sunlight on his skin and to be in such an area.. It made him feel much more comfortable and safe. His flesh tingled where the sunlight hit it, causing Greywin to shiver before he reached up, running his fingers through his hair. Then, it happened slowly as he looked up to the sun. A small, almost invisible smile formed on his lips, showing his pearly white teeth before a strange buzzing noise caught his attention. At first, he didn't answer Arnold, instead moving towards the noise before reaching out and lightly running his fingers over one of the leaves. It was so strange, there was no bug and yet the plant almost seemed to respond, twitching lightly from the boy's touch before he brought his hand to his chest and then gave his brother a sideways glance. For now, he wouldn't mention anything, his fear of the unknown did not outweigh his desire to be in this environment and should Arnold learn that the plants were reacting to him, then anything could honestly happen and the outcomes probably wouldn't be something that the younger brother enjoyed. It would either mean more tests or his brother removing him from this place, neither of which he would currently allow.

"Are you so ready to leave already?" Greywin asked softly, not even looking at his brother as he reached down, pulling up his shirt before removing it completely and then tossing it to the side. His porcelain smooth flesh, the light definition of muscles, everything celebrated as the waves of sunlight graced him. It was photosynthesis, the young brother despite his lack of scientific knowledge knew enough about plants to understand this. If the other had not been present, he might have stripped down fully and just laid in the grass, enjoy the cool breeze and beautiful day. But, the other was there and something he said struck a nerve and caused the boy's happiness to dissolve like water on a hot sidewalk. "You bar me from having physical visitors and then you leave me here all alone? I don't think so, either you move you work out here with me during the day or I will keep trying to escape" There was no room for bargaining, his now greenish brown eyes floating up to look at the other with a serious expression. "You know, I find it funny, if you had not acted like this our entire life, I wouldn't be in this situation AND I wouldn't hate you, instead it is always work, work, work, must get better, must be better, it is exhausting just to watch you, much less try to compete, no wonder you were mom and dad's favorite inspiration" Greywin ranted before shaking his head. What had he expected? In the past few days he had been given more of his brother's attention than ever before in his life. The man must have been growing tired of him by now and was desiring to leave so he could report to his friends about a brand new, hush hush project.

"You know what, just go Arnold, I don't know why I honestly expected anything else, your work rules you, it ruled you during the time our parents were alive and it will rule you until I join them in death, possibly soon if anything goes wrong inside me, then, you won't have anyone to bother you... And you can work alone for the rest of your life" With that, he made a disgusted look, throwing his hands out towards the other before turning and walking into the plant life, determined to find the waterfall and spend time there. Perhaps a sound, any sound would help him to forget that while this new cell was beautiful, it was still just that, a cell.

He was never escaping this place...

Just leave me like everyone else has...

Because you see, down here, this is my hell...
Yet, down here has always been a heaven to you...
They both can't exist together, so neither can we.
Perhaps... You should have let me die...

Mythical Loverboy

User Image

I wanna be with you
                            We'll be able to embrace
                            We can start sooner

Arnold did not answer the other as he instead just remained quiet, hands resting behind his back as he walked, leading the other to where he could keep him safe. The man knew his brother would be unhappy here no matter what he did, but he was going to try anyway to make him as comfortable as possible. Hell, he wasn't even sure if Greywin would be safe enough to go back to his everyday life with his body being so unstable now. Exhaling slowly as he finally stopped in front of two large sealed doors, a sign above it saying 'Plant and Bird Aviary', entering a code on the keypad where a computer voice greeted the two males. "Welcome Doctor and Guest." Glancing over his shoulder at the other before stepping inside the warm room, thousands of plants around them, a glass ceiling that easily let in the sun and showed the sky above, as well as vents that circulated the fresh air from outside to in here, birds fluttering about now and again, dirt and grass at their feet to where someone could easily mistake for themselves being outside instead of in a room. "I can have a bed, or anything else you want brought in here. No one will bother you in here , if you need something but don't wish to contact me our AI program that maintains this room NOVA can assist you, simply just say her name first, and then your order. There's also a waterfall, and very large pool that it flows into so feel free to swim in it if you wish. " Arnold trailing off to look over at the other, sighing softly, there was so much regret every time he looked at the other, knowing that he disappointed their parents, and Greywin for that matter trying to be a guardian instead of an older brother. It was no wonder they broke out into a fight that night that led to the younger male's accident, taking off his glasses for a moment to polish away the small bits of dust that had gotten on them.

"I still have to work, but I'll be here in the building since I still wish to keep tabs on your vitals, so far you've been stable. Provided you let yourself heal of course, but if you let yourself heal I'm sure in no time you'll be able to leave and continue living the way you used to. However, I cannot allow visitors, but if you desire NOVA can instantly set you up on video chat if you wish to speak with any of your friends to keep you occupied." Arnold having a feeling the other had his fill of him today, the male moving to head for the doors, stopping for a moment to look at Greywin hoping that maybe if the other stayed in here he would feel better and have much more room to walk around. Glancing down at his watch to check the time, "I have to return to work, and to check the results of your blood work. Is there anything else you need Greywin?"

CreativeCursedChild

Dedicated Shopper

5,175 Points
  • Party Member 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Loiterer 100
I am a monster now...
I am changing..
Why did you change me?
Did you hate that I was human, like you?...

Greywin had been skeptical at first but upon entering the 'Plant and Bird Aviary' the boy found himself momentarily forgetting about what had happened to him. As his brother spoke about NOVA, an A.I that he had no idea could even exist in the realm of technology, he found himself wandering around, curiously inspecting the different plants. The grass felt so good on his feet and strangely, the boy found himself relaxing, as if being out of that basement, his prison, was what he had truly desired. This wasn't an escape, like his brother had said, there would be no visitors. But, to feel the sunlight on his skin and to be in such an area.. It made him feel much more comfortable and safe. His flesh tingled where the sunlight hit it, causing Greywin to shiver before he reached up, running his fingers through his hair. Then, it happened slowly as he looked up to the sun. A small, almost invisible smile formed on his lips, showing his pearly white teeth before a strange buzzing noise caught his attention. At first, he didn't answer Arnold, instead moving towards the noise before reaching out and lightly running his fingers over one of the leaves. It was so strange, there was no bug and yet the plant almost seemed to respond, twitching lightly from the boy's touch before he brought his hand to his chest and then gave his brother a sideways glance. For now, he wouldn't mention anything, his fear of the unknown did not outweigh his desire to be in this environment and should Arnold learn that the plants were reacting to him, then anything could honestly happen and the outcomes probably wouldn't be something that the younger brother enjoyed. It would either mean more tests or his brother removing him from this place, neither of which he would currently allow.

"Are you so ready to leave already?" Greywin asked softly, not even looking at his brother as he reached down, pulling up his shirt before removing it completely and then tossing it to the side. His porcelain smooth flesh, the light definition of muscles, everything celebrated as the waves of sunlight graced him. It was photosynthesis, the young brother despite his lack of scientific knowledge knew enough about plants to understand this. If the other had not been present, he might have stripped down fully and just laid in the grass, enjoy the cool breeze and beautiful day. But, the other was there and something he said struck a nerve and caused the boy's happiness to dissolve like water on a hot sidewalk. "You bar me from having physical visitors and then you leave me here all alone? I don't think so, either you move you work out here with me during the day or I will keep trying to escape" There was no room for bargaining, his now greenish brown eyes floating up to look at the other with a serious expression. "You know, I find it funny, if you had not acted like this our entire life, I wouldn't be in this situation AND I wouldn't hate you, instead it is always work, work, work, must get better, must be better, it is exhausting just to watch you, much less try to compete, no wonder you were mom and dad's favorite inspiration" Greywin ranted before shaking his head. What had he expected? In the past few days he had been given more of his brother's attention than ever before in his life. The man must have been growing tired of him by now and was desiring to leave so he could report to his friends about a brand new, hush hush project.

"You know what, just go Arnold, I don't know why I honestly expected anything else, your work rules you, it ruled you during the time our parents were alive and it will rule you until I join them in death, possibly soon if anything goes wrong inside me, then, you won't have anyone to bother you... And you can work alone for the rest of your life" With that, he made a disgusted look, throwing his hands out towards the other before turning and walking into the plant life, determined to find the waterfall and spend time there. Perhaps a sound, any sound would help him to forget that while this new cell was beautiful, it was still just that, a cell.

He was never escaping this place...

Just leave me like everyone else has...

Because you see, down here, this is my hell...
Yet, down here has always been a heaven to you...
They both can't exist together, so neither can we.
Perhaps... You should have let me die...

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff