Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dapper Shapeshifter

User Image

Kaworu smiled and shrugged. "As long as you learn, it doesn't matter right? Maybe you can think about them more as people. If they're the kind of people you'd like to have lunch with, or whatever," he said. It was odd having someone praise these qualities about him. He had often been told he was a weirdo, that he thought too much about how people worked. But what did other people even think about if not about themselves? Honestly that's what studying humans was about, studying yourself and your place among them. Right?

"What do I like to do?" he blinked, "All sorts of things I guess.. I compose music, listen to indie bands, play indie videogames sometimes.." Kaworu frowned slightly in thought. It was weird trying to put words to things he liked. He was the sort to just do things without thinking, especially with his horrible memory.. "Oh and look at art or read poems.. Passion is something that's always fascinated me, but just slipped through my fingers" he mused out loud. Humans could create such beautiful things. Sure music made sense to him, it was just like learning an abstract language. It could be beautiful to speak it, but it was not a requirement. It was just fiddling with a different set of vocabulary to create your own story. Painting, sculpting, poetry... things of that nature had always confused him. What brought out such things inside of the soul? Would he ever know?

User Image

4,500 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Gaian 50
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Shinji blinked. He wasn't expecting to ever meet a person that wasn't so... into themselves. Everyone he ever met was always bragging about their likes and dislikes and based making friendships on that. Frowning, he had assumed the worst about his roommate and was regretting it immediately. Kaworu was more interesting than he thought he was. Out his mouth, Shinji murmured, "how amazingly talented."

Shinji also decided that he didn't like the frown on Kaworu's face. It didn't suit his face at all. From the little bit that they talked or from the quick glances of his roommate, he had never seen him look so lost. So he decided to go against his typical nature even more to talk more. "Y-You compose music? T-that's so cool. What instrument do you c-compose for? Or is it like more modern music?"

Dapper Shapeshifter

User Image

Kaworu held his cup a little tighter. It had become cold in his hand as they spoke, but he didn't mind. Cold chamomile was still good chamomile. Though he was almost out.. Should he make more? Did Shinji want more? He looked out and realized it was getting darker. It didn't feel like time had passed at all. This was one of the only times he felt so involved in something he lost track of time. It was a nice feeling.

His cheeks flushed faintly at his soft, but clearly stated words. He talented? Well, sure he had been told that, but he didn't have anything else for a base comparison. Generally it was just music. It was just a part of him. Nothing special. But when Shinji said it, he his heart fluttered a little and he laughed. "I wouldn't say that," he said gently, "Its just like walking or breathing to me. Its instinct."

As Shinji asked him about his music, Kaworu watched him. Part of him was surprised Shinji was so interested, then again, he was happy to be talking to him. "I do both modern and classical with my piano," he said, "I've been known to make remixes of my classical pieces. I also make remixes of songs not by me, but that's not as often. I like different textures of sound, and experimenting with them, in ways most pop songs don't explore sadly." There were a few pop artists he did like, Ke$ha for example had some really interesting texture on occasion, but it wasn't something he listened to regularly. Besides, he was more into indie music anyway...

"Hey Shinji?" Kaworu stood, put down his mug, and held out his hand, "Its getting late, have you eaten at all? Maybe we could good get something and come back. I'd love to spend more time with you. That is, if you have time of course."

User Image

4,500 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Gaian 50

Shinji took Kaworu's hand, blushing. "I h...haven't had much today. All I've eaten was a small salad and crackers." He took in the texture of Kaworu's hand. They were slightly callous, but also remarkably smooth.

Pushing himself up, Shinji scratched his cheek with his left index finger. There was a lot of places on campus that served food, and he hadn't a clue what the grey hair boy like. Shyly he asked, "What t-type of food do you like
?"

Dapper Shapeshifter

User Image

It had been almost a month since that first night Kaworu and Shinji spoke. Over time it felt as though they were getting closer. At least, that's how Kaworu felt. He had never really had a friend before, let alone a friend he felt this close to. It was one of the best feelings he had experienced. Not that being alone wasn't fine and dandy, just he would rather be with Shinji..

Maybe that was odd, that he felt so connected with this specific person. Its not like after this if Shinji got mad, or something happened, he would miss having company, he'd just miss Shinji. Sometimes, he just felt like he was drawn to him, but he didn't want to tell him that. His roommate got enough teasing on his account. Apparently it was a popular passtime to bother Shinji about him "being really gay" with Kaworu. If this had ever happened to him, he didn't really remember, but he did remember the way Shinji would let go of his hand, and the tension in the air if they were with other entities. He wasn't sure why Shinji had to be gay if they were friends, or honestly why it would be a bad thing at all, but he usually kept to simple remarks and leading Shinji away. He didn't want him to face any consequences.

As he came back from class, he overheard some girls talking. There was something about going on a date. Kaworu blinked. He had heard of dates before, but he never knew what they were. Did Shinji go on dates? From the way the girls were talking, he could only assume he had. Shinji was warm and delightful company, that's what dates were about right? It was about deepening a connection with another person through activities. At least, that's what it seemed like. When the girls started talking about making out and hot bodies, that's where he was lost.. Maybe he should ask Shinji? He could always make sense of those sorts of things.

He went up to their dorm room, and he could hear scolding. To his surprise, there was a red haired girl talking to Shinji. He couldn't clearly hear what she was saying, but he did see Shinji trembling. As Kaworu came closer, she smiled a little and then left. Carefully he followed his roommate in and put down his things. "Are you doing alright?" Kaworu asked with a slight frown. He didn't like the red head person, whomever they were. They always made Shinji so anxious.

User Image

4,500 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Gaian 50

Shinji tried not to flinch as a red haired girl pushed him into his and Kaworu's room, slamming the door. The girl, Asuka, was not the person that he wanted to see at the moment, but the girl had something else on her mind. She had followed him to the dorm room, attempting to dig into his personal life. Didn't she had anything else to do. The scarlet woman would not give up until Shinji gave her his full attention.

Shinji moved himself to his bed, balling himself up against the wall, preparing himself for the tongue lashing. Whenever Asuka was mad, she would take it out on the poor boy. He was her scapegoat and always had been since they were young. The girl mentioned every one of his flaws, telling him how stupid and annoying he was and that he was "tarnishing his image." Shinji had tuned out the words, until she mentioned his roommate.

Finally, when she was done with her rant, she tossed her red hair and walked out the door, smiling at something. It wasn't until he heard his roommate ask about him that he felt safe again.

Hugging his legs tighter, he replied, "s-sorta. A-asuka was u-upset about s-something. S-she likes t-to take it o-out on me."

Dapper Shapeshifter

User Image

Kaworu didn't move to close to Shinji. He was always the sort who needed space, and Kaworu respected that. Kaworu himself was a bit of a weed, he kind of just did what he needed, and the few times he was upset, he'd usually just isolate himself as well. He wasn't much to talk about those sorts of things. He'd rather just sit alone in a forest, listening to classical music, and meditating. It brought him more peace than tears and "warm embraces".

As Shinji spoke, he still seemed really shaken. How did she get away with that kind of stuff anyway? Who had the energy to just explode at people? He found that to be very tedious.. "That's not very civil or mature," he said. Kaworu pulled up a chair beside Shinji's bed and sat down. "Is there anything I can do? Maybe some tea?" he rested his head against the back of the chair. Part of him wanted to touch his hand, but at the same time, he was very particular about who touched him. So he understood all too well the uncomfortable feeling of unasked touches. It felt like a creeping poison that leaked from their skin into yours. Even with good intentions, it could feel disgusting.

User Image

4,500 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Gaian 50

Just hearing the worry from his roommate's mouth caused Shinji to loosen up. Despite being around Asuka and her crazy mood swings, Kaworu made him feel safe. Moving his body into a more comfortable position, he stared at Kaworu. He couldn't help but smile as he criticized the actions of Asuka. It was nice to know that the girl who always got her way wasn't liked by someone so amazing and kinda.

He scooted himself to the end of the bed, arm brushing Kaworu's. "Um, after t-that, I don't want to stay in the d-dorms." A slight blush appeared on Shinji's face. "I-I found a q-quaint coffee shop a couple of b-blocks away from here. W-would you l-like to go?" By that point, Shinji's face was as bright as Asuka's hair.

Dapper Shapeshifter

User Image

When Shinji smiled that's all Kaworu could think of. He had seen Shinji smile before. Usually when he spoke of anime, when they were alone for a longer period of time, or even late at night, when the lights were off and both of them weren't sleeping. They'd just talk and he could feel it, he could sense his smile in his voice. When he smiled, everything seemed to be just right.

Kaworu jumped a little at the touch, but not noticeably so. He was not one for physical affection, but lately, he had found himself curious. Thoughts would invade his mind, the sort of thoughts that seemed foolish to people who were more...promiscuous. What was the difference in holding hands? What would it be like to just hold him for a long time? Would it be warm? Would his heart be calm? Would they beat in synch? He didn't know. With his grandparents, their heart beats would eventually unite in a way, and create an even deeper union between them. These intimacies he normally couldn't be bothered with he now thought of more than he was used to.

As Shinji's cheeks continued to flush when he spoke, Kaworu became confused. Then he remembered that Shinji often felt flustered by such things. From his "studies" he hypothesized it was because Shinji thought no one would want to willingly spend time with him. Well, that weren't yelling apparently. "I love coffee shops," he smiled at him, "That sounds fun." Maybe, while they were there, Shinji could explain to him what a date was.

User Image

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces