Welcome to Gaia! ::

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

S K Y L A R - E Z R A H

Skylar wanted to turn back and retort to Pip, but he knew better - he needed to find Ethel, and more than that, he knew Pip was angry. A lot of people were, but they were angry with reason, and he couldn't fault that. He could hear the rows beginning as he chased down the hill towards the centre of the village, Ethel just within sight.

Eventually, he caught up to her and she turned, tripping as she did. As she threw her arms out, Skylar darted forward and caught her a little, slowing her descent to the tree, but still sitting her down. Then he took a seat on the roots next to her and sighed.

"I know you didn't, Ethel. It's okay..."

He reached his arm around her and pulled her closer to him, staring out over the village - it was quiet, everybody was still up in the farmhouse. He needed to make sure that she was okay first and foremost. He leaned in and gently kissed her forehead and furrowed his eyebrows - it was a frustrating situation. A very frustrating situation.

"We should ah... probably talk about this entire... fiasco, though." He continued, smiling a little, "Especially what with the Princess of Sumar dating a... well, a peasant. The scandal!"

He was trying to make light of the situation for her, if only to distract her from the return of what must be a horrible burden. He squeezed her arm a little and chuckled, although it was a little hollow.

Romantic Reveler

8,800 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Market Browser 100
  • Tycoon 200
                                User Image
                                        User Image
                                        ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                                        ⋯⋯ ⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯
                                          ♠ αяσυηɗ αηɗ αяσυηɗ ωє gσ...
                                          xxxxxxxxxxxxxxWHEN YOU CALL ME DARLING, I GET WEAK IN THE KNEES
                                          xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxᴀɴᴅ ᴍᴇʟᴛ ɪɴᴛᴏ ᴀ ᴘᴜᴅᴅʟᴇ ᴏғ ʜᴇʟᴘʟᴇss ᴍᴇʟᴏᴅɪᴇs
                                          TAKE MY HAND AND LET THE MUSIC PLAY
                                          ─────────────────────────єтнєƖ ѕт.вєαυмσηт───────────

When she expected for him to yell or be upset, the shaggy haired male only sat down next to her and pulled her close. Tears swelled in her eyes as he kissed her forehead. Why was he doing this? She ruins hundred, maybe thousands, no, millions of lives. It was quiet as they stared out through the small clearing, the hill overlooking Benson's fields and the small shack she loved in.

"We should ah...probably talk about this entire...fiasco, thought,"

"They probably hate me" she said quietly.

"Especially what with the Princess of Sümar dating a...well, a peasant. The scandal!"

"U-Us...Dating?" As he squeezed her, her eyes glanced up at the teacher, seeing the small smile as he tried to make light out of this situation. Once more it became quiet, but for the first time in her life...Ethel felt so at peace. There was clarity in her mind as she finally found a way to fix this situation for the good of all of the lives of Rosewood. It was selfish to only want their well-being, but they all cared about her and just wanted her to be happy. Especially Skylar.

"Skylar" she spoke, her voice cracking the silence, "Remember when you asked me what made me happy. Looking back on my memories now...nothing made me happy. Only coming to Rosewood and meeting you made me so happy. You make me so happy and I can't thank you enough. Skylar, I-" Her gaze went down to her hands that cradled each other. She wanted to tell the teacher that she loved him. Those feelings were true. He made her smile. He made her want to work each day to benefit the villagers. But most of all, he made her happy. The pinkette knew that if she did say anything, it would only make it harder for her.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                                        xxxxx⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯
                                        xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx x x xxx

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

S K Y L A R - E Z R A H

Skylar shook his head sadly - he had known these people for years, and he knew that even in a place that is the scene for so much violence, the inhabitants of Rosewood just weren't capable of really hating somebody.

"They don't hate you, Ethel. They're just scared. It's been a long night, and now we know that we've got even longer nights ahead of us. Fear does bad things to good people."

It would take a lot of talking to calm everyone down. A lot of planning, a lot of re-arranging the lives of the people here, to make sure that Ethel could inhabit the village with them as she had been until now. Maybe there was hope for them, but at the moment Skylar couldn't see much light. He frowned a little, but didn't say anything - Ethel already felt bad enough about this situation. He chuckled dryly at her reaction to the dating comment - the kids had commented a lot, and in turn, the adults of the village had joined in.

"Hey, you know how the rumour mill works around here - your supposed 'betrothed' will have my head if he spends five minutes talking to the kids!"

He laughed a little afterwards, and then he was silent for a while, still taking in the events of that evening. A lot of the events of the past week or so were suddenly viewed in a completely different light - for starters, how comical it was that he had the Princess of Sümar as his teaching assistant! Then she spoke,

"Remember when you asked me what made me happy. Looking back on my memories now...nothing made me happy. Only coming to Rosewood and meeting you made me so happy. You make me so happy and I can't thank you enough. Skylar, I-"

'It must be tough - like waking up one morning as a completely different person, with new experiences and tastes...'

He smiled warmly, his stomach fluttering a little again - this time at the thought of how happy she had been around him. He pulled her a little closer and after a few moment's silence, he found the words to respond with.

"Don't thank me for that - it's been... incredible. We... we'll sort this out. This entire... mess. For now, come back to mine. You can get some rest, or talk - if you need to. We'll sort everything else out tomorrow.."

He stood, and brushed himself off a little before offering her his hand to help her up, when suddenly a thought hit him, and his mouth twisted into an amused smile.

"... Do I have to bow or something now?"

Romantic Reveler

8,800 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Market Browser 100
  • Tycoon 200
                                User Image
                                        User Image
                                        ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                                        ⋯⋯ ⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯
                                          ♠ αяσυηɗ αηɗ αяσυηɗ ωє gσ...
                                          xxxxxxxxxxxxxxWHEN YOU CALL ME DARLING, I GET WEAK IN THE KNEES
                                          xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxᴀɴᴅ ᴍᴇʟᴛ ɪɴᴛᴏ ᴀ ᴘᴜᴅᴅʟᴇ ᴏғ ʜᴇʟᴘʟᴇss ᴍᴇʟᴏᴅɪᴇs
                                          TAKE MY HAND AND LET THE MUSIC PLAY
                                          ─────────────────────────єтнєƖ ѕт.вєαυмσηт───────────

"Fear does bad things to good people." Does it really? Where people afraid of her? She always thought that people hated her. Especially the way those knights beat her. She had only known the villagers for only a short time. They could possible hate her.

"Hey, you know how the rumor mill works around here - your supposed 'betrothed' will have my head if-"

"Please don't talk about him" Ethel blurted. Once more it went quiet. She didn't want to think about Arsin. Yes, back then, she was evil, but that man...that man was a whole other level of evil. Evil enough to Lore would save a prideful person not worthy of his gifts.

"For now, come back to my place. You can get some rest, or talk- if you need to. We'll sort everything else out tomorrow..." Seeing the teacher stand, the woman nodded her head. He was about to take her hand, but he suddenly stopped.

"Do I have to bow or something now?" Her frown didn't reverse. Shaking her head, the pinkette stood up and dusted off her nightdress before following Skylar back to the schoolhouse.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                                        xxxxx⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯
                                        xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx x x xxx

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas