Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shadowy Girl

11,875 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Citizen 200
Anyone else listen to denpa?

Don't know what denpa is? Wikipedia.

Chances are, if you're into anime, Touhou, or Vocaloid you've probably heard a denpa song at least once. Kiramekirari, Cirno's Perfect Math Class, Marisa Stole The Precious Thing, Miko Miko Nurse, Kagamine Len no Bousou, etc.

Denpa is like Marmite. You either love it or you hate it. Denpa isn't for everyone, it's very underground and most people will likely find it annoying.

edit 2017:
My favorite artists are Mosaic.wav, Doubleeleven Uppercut, Side Protea, Nomico, Millirobo.beta, Toromi, Under17, IOSYS, Odenpa Studio, and Nanahira.

If you want to get started with easier, entry level stuff, I would recommend Under17. They don't go very hard and they have a nice 80's new wave inspired sound. I still like them even though they're entry level and have been disbanded for over a decade. If you want more of an EDM sound and don't mind super high BPMs I would give Nanahira's albums a try, especially her collaborations with Camellia. If you like ultra saccharine, sickeningly cute moeblob songs, I would recommend Ave;New Project and Maple Sugar.

If you want the full denpa experience, do check out mosaic.wav. They are probably the most influential denpa group and their stuff goes the gamut from pop to some of the hardest in the scene.

..If you want to go straight into the hard stuff, look into the IOSYS album "Woah! Hyper Denpa-Chan". ...It's considered one of the best denpa albums.

If you want the absolute hardest denpa there is, look up millirobo.beta and pigmhall.

Demonic Businessman

I LOVE DENPA... i've been on a huge denpa spree for the past couple of weeks & it's my absolute favorite!! i actually just recently learned about the genre after learning more about dempagumi.inc and i was like omg...this is perfect for me.... if u have any recommended artists/songs let me know bc i've been working on a playlist full of my favorites heart

Shadowy Girl

11,875 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Citizen 200
milkvirus
I LOVE DENPA... i've been on a huge denpa spree for the past couple of weeks & it's my absolute favorite!! i actually just recently learned about the genre after learning more about dempagumi.inc and i was like omg...this is perfect for me.... if u have any recommended artists/songs let me know bc i've been working on a playlist full of my favorites heart

I really like Odenpa Studio! They have a YouTube channel with demos of their songs...

https://www.youtube.com/user/meganebambi

Demonic Businessman

Mitsuki the ninja
milkvirus

I really like Odenpa Studio! They have a YouTube channel with demos of their songs...

https://www.youtube.com/user/meganebambi

aaa cute! i subscribed to them hehe
here's my playlist if ur interested: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLWqrPaQXIBDePSL8I67obOfjAM7u_GGKw

Shadowy Girl

11,875 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Citizen 200
*performs thread necromancy*

Shadowy Girl

11,875 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Citizen 200

Shoujo Power

o: I had no idea that there was a term for this kind of music! I always favor IOSYS or Nanahira songs when I play rhythm games...

Def a guilty pleasure hahaha. Gonna check out some of those artists you listed sweatdrop

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff