Welcome to Gaia! ::

original or remake, what was better?

Total Votes:[ 0 ]
This poll closed on December 26, 2004.
No longer accepting new votes.

"Their coming to get you barbara...."

if you ask me johnny deserved to have his brains ate out. Which was better, the origina lmovie or its early 90's remake?
Oh forsure the "68 version!

There have been many a copy cat spin off after this puppy came about,

It changed the face of Horror forever.

Can't beat a low-to-no budget movie that scares the s**t out of you!

However the the 90' is more beleavable, and more in depth
Quote:
Oh forsure the "68 version!

There have been many a copy cat spin off after this puppy came about,

It changed the face of Horror forever.

Can't beat a low-to-no budget movie that scares the s**t out of you!

However the the 90' is more beleavable, and more in depth

i wish i had it.
There's no question here.
Majority rules.
i wish i knew where i could get a copy of the remake.
I've never seen the remake - the original was so good that I didn't want to be disapointed by a bad remake.

I was the ONLY person to laugh when I went and saw Shaun of the Dead when the guys called the mother adn said "We're coming to get you barbara" No one else seemed to have caught the irony in the line, but i found it hilarious whee

Versatile Member

7,375 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
I must triumph Savini's remake for at least being better than one would think- specifically for the newer, more up-to-date, kickass Barbara.

While everyone might concentrate on what a groundbreaking move it was to cast a black actor as the lead in the original film, Romero plain and simple couldn't write a female character for s**t. The original Barbara was really the weakest point of the film, and I think Savini made a really good choice in his remake with the character.

I'm not discrediting the original, but let's not discard the remake on a superficial "OH, IT'S A REMAKE!" level.

Plus the remake finally made Romero some cash, so that's good.

Plus it has Tony Todd.

TONY TODD.
Quote:
I must triumph Savini's remake for at least being better than one would think- specifically for the newer, more up-to-date, kickass Barbara.

While everyone might concentrate on what a groundbreaking move it was to cast a black actor as the lead in the original film, Romero plain and simple couldn't write a female character for s**t. The original Barbara was really the weakest point of the film, and I think Savini made a really good choice in his remake with the character.

I'm not discrediting the original, but let's not discard the remake on a superficial "OH, IT'S A REMAKE!" level.

Plus the remake finally made Romero some cash, so that's good.

Plus it has Tony Todd.

TONY TODD.

i wish i could see this remake again. its been many o year since seeing it on the USA network up all night.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff