Welcome to Gaia! ::

The rules of Fight Club

1. You do not talk about Fight Club 0.25 25.0% [ 5 ]
2. You do NOT talk about Fight Club 0.35 35.0% [ 7 ]
3. If someone says "stop" or goes limp, even if they're just faking it, you have to stop. 0 0.0% [ 0 ]
4. Only two guys in a fight 0.05 5.0% [ 1 ]
5. One fight at a time 0 0.0% [ 0 ]
6. No shirts, no shoes 0 0.0% [ 0 ]
7. Fights will go on for as long as they have to 0 0.0% [ 0 ]
8. If this is your first night in Fight Club... you have to fight. 0.35 35.0% [ 7 ]
Total Votes:[ 20 ]

Shy Lunatic

7,500 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Nudist Colony 200
I saw the movie first and then read the movie. This is one of those rare exceptions where I really like both. I think the movie captures the elements of the book very well. It faithfully follows the book but there are moments that I really have enjoyed that did not make it on film and that may be because it would be difficult to convey what the narrator is saying in the novel.

Fashionable Man-Lover

6,950 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Forum Regular 100
I haven't read the book. In fact, I never even heard of the book before watching the Movie. Am really disappointed in that. I liked the movie a great deal and most books I've read highly outclass their movie counterparts, so I am sure the book is really awesome.

Shaggy Citizen

For me they're pretty even. I watched the movie first, and a friend bought me the book a couple years ago. I'm actually reading Palahniuk's book Survivor now. I have read Choke and Haunted. I enjoy his work.
The book doesn't have to try hard to be better than the movie. You know, the one that stops to tell you about the cinematic tricks it uses, for those too slow to catch on? Yeah.

Also, that's probably the most overdone plot twist in cinema history. But, you know, it's great they included flashbacks to show what actually happened. Because you don't want people to get too confused.

Wheezing Lunatic

8,500 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
The book tells you how to make bombs, the movie has edward norton in it... hardest decision ever.

High-functioning Werewolf

13,725 Points
  • Trick or Treat 100
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Team Jacob 100
I didn't know it wats a book at the time I saw the movie, but I have since read the book. The movie follows the book pretty well, but the endings are different. I dunno. I probably like the two of them equally.

Alien Loiterer

I'm not a big fan of the book. Loved the movie though. Which is pretty weird, since its usually the other way around...

Dedicated Smoker

6,650 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
"Your whacked out bald freaks hit me with a ******** broom! They almost broke my arm! They were burning their fingertips with lye, the stink was unbelievable! "

Versatile Member

7,375 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Did not age well, comes off as childish and naive.
o_Tyler_Durden_o
Kenzee
Started the book, but never finished it. So it's hard to say...

You have to. It is amazing. I wasn't sure about it at first, I mean I appreciated how cleverly and interestingly it was written, but I thought the movie portrayed it better. Once I'd finished it I can't decide which is better. And if you've seen the movie, then you understand how amazing that is.
I've seen the movie! I do like it a lot. And I read Palaniuk's Invisible Monsters before getting to Fight Club, and I do agree his writing is very clever! I should definitely finish Fight Club, haha.

Friendly Friend

Kenzee

You have to. It is amazing. I wasn't sure about it at first, I mean I appreciated how cleverly and interestingly it was written, but I thought the movie portrayed it better. Once I'd finished it I can't decide which is better. And if you've seen the movie, then you understand how amazing that is.

Hunter

2,750 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
Kinda wishing I read the book now, going to have to look into that one!
Read the book a couple years before I got around to watching the movie.
But not sure, I like them both for different things. However I liked how the book was more detailed.

Friendly Friend

And how many of you knew it was a book before the movie?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff