Welcome to Gaia! ::

Apocalyptic Cutesmasher

25,215 Points
  • Luminary Melee Champion 200
  • Waffles! 25
  • Attending the Ball 25
link

Quote:
'Oh my God, oh my God, oh my God': Watch what happened when two screaming, retching men were forced to watch a woman giving birth

Two men gave themselves a very public education in the miracle of life - but unfortunately it left them wanting to be sick.

In a hysterical video, the two friends recorded their horrified reaction as they watched a four-minute video of a woman giving birth for the first time.

The men, believed to be from the U.S., are seen screaming, hiding their eyes and even retching as the birth unfolds.

Their video - described as 'Childbirth is perhaps life’s only miracle where gagging on your own vomit is an acceptable response' - has gone viral and has been seen almost 390,000 times.

They are so ignorant about the process of childbirth that they thought women could only give birth lying down.

They are initially perplexed that the woman is giving birth standing up and say: 'Is it going to fall out', to which his friend replies 'no they are going to catch it.'

One of the men is later filmed saying: 'I don't wonder what's on the other end of the umbilical cord inside her. I think her heart is connected to it.

'My mum said I bit my own off.'

At the beginning of the film, the pair appear relaxed and insist on forwarding the video to 'the good bit'.

But as the sound of the woman's pained cries from the film gets louder, the two men react in even more extreme ways.

They are recorded shouting in discomfort, covering their mouths and eyes with their shirts and insisting 'it's fake, it's fake' and repeatedly screaming 'oh my God'.

One of the men even begins to retch when he sees blood.

The video has split viewers with some finding their ignorance funny, while others arguing their reaction offensive.

Morgan Foster wrote on YouTube: 'This shows a lot about immature men/boys', while CeeCeeQty wrote: 'Grow up mates. It's the way of life', and Hotspot989 wrote: 'Guys you came from moms as well, now you understand how hard it is...'

However many sympathised with the traumatised men.

One user said: So glad I was born a male,' and TwistedThor187 wrote: 'Yeah i remember having to watch a birth in 9th grade health, I never ever want to see anything that horrible again.'

The video ends with the two men coming to the conclusion that they would not be very good at supporting their partners in hospital if they ever became fathers.

One said: 'I am sorry but I can't be in the delivery room. I would freak out my wife.'

Original Rogue

11,100 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
Oh man, that was worth a laugh. It's kinda funny how some guys react to watching a woman give birth. It's a fact of life, and we'd probably be extinct if men were giving birth.

Vector Theta's Husbando

Mega Man-Lover

I laughed at their reactions but I can understand somewhat because I have such a sensitive stomach - I can't even read a high school biology textbook (on the subjects of ligaments, tendons, and internal organs) without getting a little queasy.

Beloved Cutie-Pie

Super Fightin Prototype
I laughed at their reactions but I can understand somewhat because I have such a sensitive stomach - I can't even read a high school biology textbook (on the subjects of ligaments, tendons, and internal organs) without getting a little queasy.

You and me both. I hate the sight of an umbilical cord, too. emotion_puke
I'm glad nobody reacted like that in my junior high sex ed class.

Vector Theta's Husbando

Mega Man-Lover

Stahlherz
Super Fightin Prototype

Plus the placenta. gonk

Beloved Cutie-Pie

Super Fightin Prototype
Stahlherz
Super Fightin Prototype

Plus the placenta. gonk

Ugh! The human body is detestable.

Vector Theta's Husbando

Mega Man-Lover

Stahlherz
Super Fightin Prototype
Stahlherz
Super Fightin Prototype

Plus the placenta. gonk

I don't think the outside of the human body is detestable but I can't say the same for our innards and such.

Beloved Cutie-Pie

Super Fightin Prototype
Stahlherz
Super Fightin Prototype
Stahlherz
Super Fightin Prototype

Plus the placenta. gonk

I don't think the outside of the human body is detestable but I can't say the same for our innards and such.

Hm. Yeah, I'll agree with that much.

Snuggly Buddy

29,150 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Conventioneer 300
This sounds like a hoax or like the guys are intentionally being melodramatic to make the video of them get a lot of views.

If their reactions are real they seriously need to 'man up' and get their s**t together. I've attended five births and assisted with two of them. Even in person with the smell of the blood and s**t I never felt the need to retch or avert my eyes or 'scream'. I know any sort of 'gore' can be a "your mileage may vary" kind of thing but it sounds like these guys were hamming it up on purpose.

Vector Theta's Husbando

Mega Man-Lover

David2074
This sounds like a hoax or like the guys are intentionally being melodramatic to make the video of them get a lot of views.

If their reactions are real they seriously need to 'man up' and get their s**t together. I've attended five births and assisted with two of them. Even in person with the smell of the blood and s**t I never felt the need to retch or avert my eyes or 'scream'. I know any sort of 'gore' can be a "your mileage may vary" kind of thing but it sounds like these guys were hamming it up on purpose.

It does seem rather melodramatic, you're right. They seemed to be acting like they were watching a comedy filled with toilet humor and not a Miracle of Life video.

On a completely unrelated note, "miracle" is a disgustingly overused term for something healthy females around the world experience on a daily basis. Beautiful, maybe, but it sure as s**t isn't a miracle if it's happening every day - in fact that makes it pretty mundane.

Distinct Browser

13,025 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Forum Regular 100
Some people react weirdly to things they are uncomfortable viewing. I think if they were shown a birthing process that included an epidural they wouldn't freak as much. No screaming or anything on the part of the woman. My husband was holding one of my legs back and he just stared, jaw open and wide-eyed as our son came into the world.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff