Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dapper Noob

2,950 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Window Shopper 100
I see no reason for gay marriage to be illegal. Marriage is a choice that two humans make to show their love for one another. What gives someone the right to deny that to people?
In the first amendment it prohibits making laws that impedes the free exercise of religion. You can be christian, you can be atheist, you can be Muslim, you can be Hindu, you can be Buddhist, but for some reason you can't be gay. It's just a bunch of fearful people too insecure about themselves to have beliefs different from their own. Try as I might, I cannot think of a good argument for banning gay marriage.I'm not gay, but I have friends who are and I do not think it's right to infringe on their liberty!

Sexy Goat

30,600 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
That's what I've been thinking about this. Yet, the first amendment is under siege because some powerful people are big babies...

Dapper Noob

2,950 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Window Shopper 100
Mathew Mii
That's what I've been thinking about this. Yet, the first amendment is under siege because some powerful people are big babies...

Exactly. Though it isn't just the powerful people that can't handle diversity. Who elected the big babies? A bunch of little babies.

Sexy Goat

30,600 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
ArmstrongSparkle

I wish I could have every one of those be shipped to an island to get a taste of their own medicine.

Dapper Noob

2,950 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Window Shopper 100
Mathew Mii

I wish I could have every one of those be shipped to an island to get a taste of their own medicine.

There are too many of them for an island. Let them have a country to themselves! Then they can practice their hypocrisy in peace.

Sexy Goat

30,600 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
ArmstrongSparkle

If they go off starting a war, thinking that they are better than anybody else, I'm going to sit back and munch on popcorn.

Tipsy Smoker

This isn't news. Gtfo.

Quotable Prophet

ArmstrongSparkle
I see no reason for gay marriage to be illegal. Marriage is a choice that two humans make to show their love for one another. What gives someone the right to deny that to people?
In the first amendment it prohibits making laws that impedes the free exercise of religion. You can be christian, you can be atheist, you can be Muslim, you can be Hindu, you can be Buddhist, but for some reason you can't be gay. It's just a bunch of fearful people too insecure about themselves to have beliefs different from their own. Try as I might, I cannot think of a good argument for banning gay marriage.I'm not gay, but I have friends who are and I do not think it's right to infringe on their liberty!

But your right to be happy is infringing upon my right to discriminate against people! dramallama dramallama

Conservative Vampire

10,150 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Who the ******** are YOU and why does YOUR opinion matter so much that it's apparently news? mad
ArmstrongSparkle

when it comes to love we all want to break the rules. sad

Angelic Husband

11,300 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Popular Thread 100
This is the News forum; you haven't posted any news
being gay is not a religion, and hence not protected in 'freedom of religion' in the first ammendment.

Sparkly Shapeshifter

12,950 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Person of Interest 200
LoveLoud837
being gay is not a religion, and hence not protected in 'freedom of religion' in the first ammendment.

Freedom of religion means nobody is bound by religious rules unless they want to be. If you're gay, and don't want to live by the whole "being gay is a sin" thing, that means nobody has the legal right to cause you any harm just because you're gay.

Welcome to U.S.A.
Blood Valkyrie
LoveLoud837

Freedom of religion means nobody is bound by religious rules unless they want to be. If you're gay, and don't want to live by the whole "being gay is a sin" thing, that means nobody has the legal right to cause you any harm just because you're gay.

Welcome to U.S.A.

From OP

Quote:
You can be christian, you can be atheist, you can be Muslim, you can be Hindu, you can be Buddhist, but for some reason you can't be gay.

This statement equates being gay to being an established religion, such as the ones stated here. Gay is a sexual orientation, not a religion.

Welcome back to English class, do you need the remedial course?

Sparkly Shapeshifter

12,950 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Person of Interest 200
LoveLoud837
Blood Valkyrie
LoveLoud837

Welcome to U.S.A.

From OP

Quote:
You can be christian, you can be atheist, you can be Muslim, you can be Hindu, you can be Buddhist, but for some reason you can't be gay.

This statement equates being gay to being an established religion, such as the ones stated here. Gay is a sexual orientation, not a religion.

Welcome back to English class, do you need the remedial course?

I never said being gay is a religion. Do you need basic reading skills? I have a Bachelor's English, and have published a book.

And that statement does not equate being gay to a religion. It simply implies that being gay is less popular than being part of those religions, which is a bit ridiculous to say, because it's not like you can't be gay and be part of any religion you want. You don't need to choose one or the other and figure out which is better.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff