Snuggly Buddy

29,150 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Conventioneer 300
Valiant Corvus
David2074

Watch As The Singer Of This Music Video Photoshops Herself In Real Time

Again, I'm not saying this video was or was not altered.
1. She's sitting static against a static background.

2. The interface is obviously fake.

3. The edits were not actually done to her face, but to portions of the screen. You can see this when she subtly moves her head side to side and the color enhancements on her cheek seem to "bleed off" her face. The enhancements themselves are simply layers of colors of various opacities clipped to match the general location of the parts of her body being edited. The video gives a nice illusion of "Real time photoshopping", but that's not what's actually happening.

(Though credit where credit is due, that video is very well done)

My main point: Don't claim something is doctored if you have no ******** idea about what goes into doctoring a video. There's no way this surveillance video is doctored, and I can't believe how people are desperately grasping at straws to defend the officers actions.

"Officers issued warnings as they drove up"

Asinine. What they're supposed to do is stop at a distance away from the potential threat and issue the warning from there, using the safety block of their own vehicle.

"The officers drove up after warnings were issued"

COMPLETELY asinine. I don't even feel like I should have to explain this one.

You can deny what you see all you want, but that doesn't stop it from being there.

Where did you see me deny anything?
I simply suggested some aspects where there could be two sides of the story.
I was trying to be open minded that more information / evidence may emerge.
I also stated that from what I have seen so far it appears the officers didn't handle it well and the death could be avoided.
I would still like for them to release the audio of the entire incident if such audio exists. I don't know if that cop car has a dash cam / audio and/or if the officers had same.

lastborntripletmack's Significant Otter

Popular Seeker

37,665 Points
  • Lavishing Romantic 250
  • Doting Romantic 100
  • Simple Romantic 50
David2074
Valiant Corvus
David2074
Valiant Corvus
Inamatus Requiem

Like I said I have yet to watch said video so personally I can't say for definite if the video was manipulated, nor am I a full blown expert, but I simply refuse to believe my eyes when even pictures in so called unedited tabloid media is proven to be photoshopped and poorly at that so an amateur like me can tell.
You can't "photoshop" a video.

Don't talk about fabrications if you don't know what you're talking about.

You don't see many movies do you?
"Photoshop" is a general term folks use for manipulated images. It isn't always literally that piece of software. Though as someone else pointed out it is possible.

I'm not saying any videos in this thread are or are not manipulated.
I'm merely responding to the your comment saying it can't be done.
That's not what photoshopping is. That's just video editing, and in comparison you're much more limited in what you can do (Unless you're saying they filmed that surveillance footage against a blue screen)

Seems like you missed my point.
A lot of people use the term "Photoshopped" as a generic term to mean any image / video editing regardless of what software was actually used. It's kind of a compliment to the ubiquity of the brand, same as many folks will refer to any brand of tissue as a "Kleenex".

But from different stuff I see on the web it does appear you can literally edit video with Photoshop even if their might be better software out there for doing videos specifically. I thought this one is kind of interesting -
Watch As The Singer Of This Music Video Photoshops Herself In Real Time

Again, I'm not saying this video was or was not altered.
You got a point there, everyone uses the term Photoshopped even if the thing is not photoshopped, just like everyone calls uses the term Kleenex when it is just a brand name and not the actual name for the product, just has been used by that name, same with band aid.

Eloquent Lunatic

10,425 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
FirstBornTriplet
You got a point there, everyone uses the term Photoshopped even if the thing is not photoshopped, just like everyone calls uses the term Kleenex when it is just a brand name and not the actual name for the product, just has been used by that name, same with band aid.
I'll leave that as "Semantics", since terminology isn't really worth arguing over.

My only problem: There's a LOT you can mask in photoshopping. Not so much in video editing.

As a general rule of thumb, the higher quality the video, the easier it is to do extensive doctoring without it being noticeable to the untrained eye. With low quality, low frame rate, low resolution video, the possibility of any sort of doctoring is practically zero.

To say that there was despite all of this is pretty much an apologists incoherent ramblings.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff