Welcome to Gaia! ::

Demonic Kitten

Cupcakes HD on youtube
Starlit Wolfe
Cupcakes HD on youtube
Starlit Wolfe
Cupcakes HD on youtube
KingNot
Owning a pitbull is like owning a pet lion these days. I'm not sure why they're wilder and more dangerous than other types. Is it biological or man-made? Do pitbulls have an inherited predisposition for violence? Pitbulls, Rottweilers, and Wolf Hybrids are on the list for most violent. Pitbulls aren't that dangerous if they're wearing a muzzle, there is a muzzle law for owners with pitbulls.

http://list25.com/25-most-dangerous-dog-breeds/1/
they were bred to be fighters, but its the poor conditions of fighting that makes them vicious, like you could have genes to be buff and have more testosterone doesnt automatically make you a killer.

they were not bred to be fighters, that is acctualy a huge misconseption
Really? Why were they bred then? Have a link on it?

sorry i dont have a link. there are so many different oppinions on what they were bred for acctualy. they were not origionaly bred in the states, but when brought there yes they began breeding them/cheanging their breed for dog fighting, i belive before they were brought here rotties and dobermans were the main dog fighters. but yeah the reason they were bred differs on who you ask and where you look

http://www.pitbull411.com/history.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pit_bull#History
Well I guess it might depend on sub-breed. Fighting is in their history, as well as other uses, both of which shaped how they are.

it really also depends where you look. also the name 'pitbull' isnt acctualy a breed, it is a generalization for many breeds of the american Staffordshire terrier.and that breed has many different breeds as well. i hate the name pit bull because it isnt acctualy a breed. the reason they are used for fighting isnt their temperment either, its because of their build

Timid Conversationalist

People are so ignorant... and families like these are the victims in these situations because of policies passed like this. I wish I had room in my house to do more than just donate to pitbull charities.

Apocalyptic Capitalist

8,875 Points
  • Cheercrusher 50
  • Wall Street 200
  • Millionaire 200
My family has always had either Rotties or Pit Bull mixes and we've never had a 'dangerous or vicious' dog. Its all about how you raise them and unfortunately some people raise their dogs to be mean and attack everyone but the owner. The only time I've known a dog in my family to be mean has been when one of the small dogs we have now has gotten old and cranky and will snap at our other dogs and us. Old dogs get cranky though. I hate it when people group together animals and treat them all the same. They've all got different personalities and are raised differently. I wouldn't avoid getting a Pit Bull just because everyone else thinks they're dangerous.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff