• Jack-pot 100
  • Team Jacob 100
Sheer stupidity.

Omnipresent Cultist

5,250 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
Sweet Peppermint Tea
yum_tea ...I know these ******** have heard of fishing nets. It's a far more effective, less costly, and less dangerous way to catch fish. What were these assholes thinking?

We talking about afghanistan here

Quite Sure a RPG-7 and as much rounds as you would please cost about Nothing

also fishing nets can't kill people as well.
those poor kids...ugh that ended so horribly

Aged Lunatic

Sounds like a scene from Squidbillies....

Snuggly Buddy

29,150 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Conventioneer 300
After the initial story, I found myself thinking about what day to day life must be like over there.
Consider the picture if things had gone the way the cops had intended. On one side of the river there are kids playing and swimming. On the other side of the river are people fishing with RPGs. And that was supposed to be everything is A-okay? That's kind of warped.

Greedy Consumer

China: No disciprine!
*mows down their own people*

Dapper Gawker

So I guess they're sleepin with the fishes now?

Riunite's Fav

Assimilated Player

10,850 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
Rest in peace...

Mega Noob

confused in my country policemen don't even have tasers. The whole deal just seems ******** up, with policemen answering to military courts and carrying military weapons with little or no screening process or education.

Romantic Werewolf

15,950 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Threadmaster 200
Kyoji Ka
Quote:
Afghan security forces have arrested eight policemen for accidentally killing six children when firing a rocket into a river to catch fish.

User Image

xd I love that particular macro so much.

That said, obviously these Afghan forces were a new breed of Super Redneck. "We no use outdated dynamite to go fishing! We get with times and use RPG! Now here, hold my beer and watch this!" *BOOM*

Shameless Friend

Quote:
Afghan security forces have arrested eight policemen for accidentally killing six children when firing a rocket into a river to catch fish.

User Image
Sweet Peppermint Tea
yum_tea ...I know these ******** have heard of fishing nets. It's a far more effective, less costly, and less dangerous way to catch fish. What were these assholes thinking?

Fishing nets don't go BOOM.
Dumb bastards.

Spooky Girl

18,525 Points
  • Scary Sampling 50
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Haunting Echo 75

IRL Conventioneer

17,450 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Brandisher 100
AFP
KABUL — Afghan security forces have arrested eight policemen for accidentally killing six children when firing a rocket into a river to catch fish, officials said Wednesday.
The incident took place last Friday in the Doshi district of the northern province of Baghlan when policemen on the bank of a river fired a rocket-propelled grenade into the water.
"The rocket went astray and hit a place where children were playing, killing six and wounding two others," the interior ministry said in a statement.
"Eight police personnel accused of misusing government weapons that killed these children have been arrested and handed over to military prosecutors for investigation," it said.
Ahmad Jawid Basharat, a provincial spokesman, confirmed the incident and said the children were aged between 10 and 14.
"The police did not mean to kill the children, they were fishing, but the rocket went astray and hit the other side of the river where children were swimming in shallow water," he said.
Afghan President Hamid Karzai telephoned the families of the victims, offering them his condolences and assured them that "justice will be served," according to a statement from his office.
Using explosives such as RPGs and hand grenades to kill and catch fish is not uncommon in Afghanistan.
In some parts of the country people even use electrical generators and bare wire to catch fish, posing extreme danger to swimmers.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5iqQ9FmaHXkdi2I4mdXo1_YQnWL8g?docId=CNG.48fde85b4a95ec8370c8fc9e3549c234.241

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff