Welcome to Gaia! ::

Mega Genius

11,200 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Battle: KO 200
  • Generous 100
First of all, someone said that saturated fats are good for you. There is very little research that supports this.
Saturated fats typically raise LDL levels (a type of cholesterol), which leads to plaque buildup in the blood vessels.
Monounsaturated fats, such as those found in vegetables/vegetable oils and fish, raise HDL ('good' cholesterol) levels, while lowering LDL levels. Those are the ones you want to get enough of, in moderation of course.

Also, make sure you're getting enough protein! It's definitely possible, but a little more difficult, to get enough protein on this type of diet. You could try making protein shakes with vegan protein powder (which you should be able to find at a health food store, if not at your normal grocery store). You could mix some leafy greens with other veggies, fruits, or nuts, protein powder, and a liquid. You can personalize it whatever veggies you like.

For recipes, you might want to try some of Jaime Oliver's vegetarian recipes! Look here: [link]
Not all of them would be applicable to your situation, but most of his dishes are really tasty.
Also, this blog has a lot of very wonderful vegan recipes that you might enjoy: [link]
This recipe looks really good - lentil mushroom walnut balls with cranberry pear sauce.

Disclaimer: I am not a doctor.

Lonely Member

12,050 Points
  • Hero 100
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Magical Girl 50
Green beans with roasted almonds.

Boil greenbeans
roast almonds in a pan on the stove(almond slivers) (I think you can you a little oil for this ik my mom uses some butter but I don't like butter in some foods) you also can use the oven
Add them together, done.

Dedicated Vampire

6,350 Points
  • Battle: Cleric 100
  • Battle: Level Up 200
  • Battle: Counterstrike 150
today i made this soup that perfectly fits your requirements. it was AMAZING. i loved it!!

Ingredients
1 tablespoon olive oil
4 leeks (white and light green parts), cut into 1/4-inch-thick half-moons
1 28-ounce can whole tomatoes, drained
2 sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
1 bunch kale, thick stems removed and leaves cut into 1/2-inch-wide strips
1/2 cup brown lentils
1 tablespoon fresh thyme
Kosher salt and black pepper
1/4 cup grated Parmesan (1 ounce; optional)

Directions
1.Heat the oil in a large saucepan or Dutch oven over medium heat. Add the leeks and cook, stirring occasionally, until they begin to soften, 3 to 4 minutes. Add the tomatoes and cook, breaking them up with a spoon, for 5 minutes.
2.Add 6 cups water and bring to a boil. Stir in the sweet potatoes, kale, lentils, thyme, 1 ½ teaspoons salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Simmer until the lentils are tender, 25 to 30 minutes.
3.Spoon into bowls and top with the Parmesan, if using.

Adorable Kitty

15,250 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Thread Flip 150
xXForever ForneverXx
My favorite recipe is cooking 1 pound of fresh green beans in a skillet with water and when they get almost soft but with a little crunch add 3 1/4 tbls. soy sauce 3 1/4 tbls. Worcestershire sauce 3 tbls. brown sugar and 4-5 tbls. sliced almonds. Sometimes I put a little bacon in it too. heart

I cant have the bacon or brown sugar but I will see if I have any green beans left. This sounds yummy though! Thank you~ cat_3nodding cat_4laugh

Tipsy Bookworm

My favorite recipe is cooking 1 pound of fresh green beans in a skillet with water and when they get almost soft but with a little crunch add 3 1/4 tbls. soy sauce 3 1/4 tbls. Worcestershire sauce 3 tbls. brown sugar and 4-5 tbls. sliced almonds. Sometimes I put a little bacon in it too. heart
Kairi Lon
BuspironeHCL
Tell your mom she needs to buy Kale if she's going to buy all healthy foods.

Also, there are meats that are perfectly healthy. Like Salmon and Tilapia. Chicken, too. Eggs are also extremely healthy, the whole egg, not just the egg whites.

Wheat isn't really healthy, as it contains gluten, which is a very common irritant. I mean, whole wheat is a hell of a lot healthier than say...white bread or wheat bread (there is a difference between wheat bread and whole wheat bread). Whole grain or sprouted grain bread is better in general.

Spices and herbs are also your best friend, they are very healthy, they don't really have any calories, but keep to spices and herbs that are lower in sodium. And what spices you use really depends on your tastes. I love coriander and cumin, red pepper flakes, cracked peppercorn. Those are my favorites. Stay away from season-alls, though and meat rubs and creole seasoning, things like that have a s**t load of sodium.

And don't be afraid to try things you think you might not like.

OH And look into Daiya cheese, if your mom is really into the vegan thing, it's vegan, it's healthy and it's probably the best cheese replacement on this earth.

Animals have certain fats that can kill you overtime, and my mom didnt get whole wheat flour but we do have whole wheat for the rest of the items. I will ask my mom about Daiya cheese~! Also, we just bought kale and tried some (it tastes alright razz )

we use a BUNCH of spices and herbs... and I mean A BUNCH. we try to avoid all salt in anything lol~ anyway, thank you for your help! biggrin whee

Actually, saturated fat is healthy for you.

It's trans fats that kill you. Saturated fat is in coconuts, all nuts.

But yes, high amounts can lead to cardiovascular disease, which is why lean meats are recommended. Though, obviously it's yours and your mother's choice, I'm just making sure you know.

Trans fats, though, they're awful. They're not even a naturally occurring fat.

Adorable Kitty

15,250 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Thread Flip 150
BuspironeHCL

Also, there are meats that are perfectly healthy. Like Salmon and Tilapia. Chicken, too. Eggs are also extremely healthy, the whole egg, not just the egg whites.

Wheat isn't really healthy, as it contains gluten, which is a very common irritant. I mean, whole wheat is a hell of a lot healthier than say...white bread or wheat bread (there is a difference between wheat bread and whole wheat bread). Whole grain or sprouted grain bread is better in general.

Spices and herbs are also your best friend, they are very healthy, they don't really have any calories, but keep to spices and herbs that are lower in sodium. And what spices you use really depends on your tastes. I love coriander and cumin, red pepper flakes, cracked peppercorn. Those are my favorites. Stay away from season-alls, though and meat rubs and creole seasoning, things like that have a s**t load of sodium.

OH And look into Daiya cheese, if your mom is really into the vegan thing, it's vegan, it's healthy and it's probably the best cheese replacement on this earth.

Animals have certain fats that can kill you overtime, and my mom didnt get whole wheat flour but we do have whole wheat for the rest of the items. I will ask my mom about Daiya cheese~! Also, we just bought kale and tried some (it tastes alright razz )

we use a BUNCH of spices and herbs... and I mean A BUNCH. we try to avoid all salt in anything lol~ anyway, thank you for your help! biggrin whee

Adorable Kitty

15,250 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Thread Flip 150
caro_san
"Things I like:"

Carrots
Onions
lettuce
I sorta like beans
All nuts (raw or roasted)
Corn
Broccoli
Cauliflower
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Have a wrap with fried tofu add sauce wrap it with cabbage, spinach, kale , bok choy, or wheat or rice wrap, add veges and a favorite sauce .

Have hummas and dipped veges on the side.

emotion_drool emotion_kirakira That sounds great~!~! Ill make that soon~! >w< Thank you SOOOOOO much! emotion_bigheart
"Things I like:"

Carrots
Onions
lettuce
I sorta like beans
Corn
Broccoli
Cauliflower
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Have a wrap with fried tofu add sauce wrap it with cabbage, spinach, kale , bok choy, or wheat or rice wrap, add veges and a favorite sauce .

Have hummas and dipped veges on the side.

Angelic Lunatic

9,350 Points
  • Divorced 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Generous 100
Good Luck darling!

Water is healthy > : D

Adorable Kitty

15,250 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Thread Flip 150

Adorable Kitty

15,250 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Thread Flip 150

Adorable Kitty

15,250 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Thread Flip 150

Adorable Kitty

15,250 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Thread Flip 150
My mom just started trying to buy healthy foods. By that, I mean only beans and veggies with some fruit and nuts. No meats, no eggs, no starches(Potatoes, flour, bread). Well, expect we do have whole wheat flour and bread.

Im struggling on finding recipes and foods that I will like. I made veggie burgers tonight and they were alright. But I need something Different thats good and has flavor to it.

Things I like:

Carrots
Onions
lettuce
I sorta like beans
Corn
Broccoli
Cauliflower

Basically I just need a meal that contains No starches or meats/eggs. Please share your idea....
Im in need of help ;o;

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces