Welcome to Gaia! ::

I don't keep up on politics at all, so forgive my ignorance...

My school newspaper did a blurb on the Healthcare thing, so I tried to read it... all I can gather is that everyone is now being forced to have healthcare. Is that a bad thing? Why is there so much debate about the subject? What part of this bill causes argument?

And I'd rather not you give me a hyperlink. A simple explanation would help me a lot. sweatdrop
Kremia
I don't keep up on politics at all, so forgive my ignorance...

My school newspaper did a blurb on the Healthcare thing, so I tried to read it... all I can gather is that everyone is now being forced to have healthcare. Is that a bad thing? Why is there so much debate about the subject? What part of this bill causes argument?

And I'd rather not you give me a hyperlink. A simple explanation would help me a lot. sweatdrop

Hope that explains why people are pissy.
...But isn't healthcare a good thing? Why would people not want it? Not trying to argue, I just don't understand the opposing view.

Gracious Humorist

9,450 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Prayer Circle 200
Against healthcare: We don't want to pay for other people's stupid choices in their lives.

For healthcare: We want people to have affordable healthcare so they'll stop dying everywhere.

I know you said you didn't want a hyperlink, but I think this short video sums it up very nicely in a non-partisan way. It's actually pretty informative and summarizes everything pretty well.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff