Welcome to Gaia! ::

What types of food can you eat if you can't eat gluten?

Winter Wraith's Compadre

Blessed Genius

6,650 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
~*~

Well, off the top of my head, I can say that there's a whole bunch of everyday foods that are gluten-free.
I would just check the labels first. Hmm, I suppose I'd stay away from most grains unless marked otherwise.

~*~
Lots of fresh fruits and veggies and lean protein. get your carbs from foods labeled "gluten free", there are lots of breads and pasta available in almost all grocery stores now. good luck!
Vegetables, fruits, nuts, meat, beans, rice, potatoes, seeds, corn, dairy... just to name a few. There are quite a lot of food that do not naturally contain gluten. Best bets are to stick with unprocessed food and cook for yourself, or to buy items that are specifically labeled gluten-free - though be careful with the latter if you have intolerance/allergy/celiacs - some are aimed at people who simply follow the diet as a trend and are actually cross-contaminated with gluten. Certified gluten-free foods actually meet standards for safety. In general read labels before purchase if the front of the box says "gluten free", but the back says "processed on equipment that also process wheat" eat at your own risk.

Divine Zealot

Tankia
What types of food can you eat if you can't eat gluten?

Read this for specifics on gluten.

Pretty much, if it's made with rye, barley, and of course wheat, it's a no go.

Conservative Lover

5,250 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Hygienic 200
Gotta also watch out for things like sauces and stocks that also has gluten in them.
Alcohol that uses things like rye and so on is a little iffy and still contested due to the process. I have a gluten allergic friend who's fine with them but others might not be.

Benevolent Dabbler

Everything except wheat.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas