Welcome to Gaia! ::

Deadly Phantom

11,750 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Super Tipsy 200
summer m a r s h
klebold
Anti-depressants have all sorts of side effects. That's one of them. If you don't want to stay on the meds then don't. For your depression, just change whatever needs to change in your life.

thanks for your input. but i'm 4 months postpartum, and have changed my life
style in the past year and a half. but for the moment, my life is kinda shitty,
and need to be happy, not depressed all the time. i can't do it on my own,
so medicine helps me. i plan on getting off the medicine with in the year though.
thanks.

Why wait? By the time that year comes around, you'd have adapted to the new mind-altering drugs and then you would get off of them and things would be entirely different once again. It's better to stop depending on medication to think FOR you and start with a clean mind as soon as possible. There will be a change when you get off the meds, it's better to start learning how to cope with depression without them, instead of waiting to realize that you're never going to get off the meds.

Interesting Winner

7,750 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
klebold

considering that I had no medication for a year and had a hard time "coping" w/o it, and slipping slowly back into depression, even though I have a job, a place to live, and a "happy" life i still need meds. I finally after a year decided to go back on medication because it will do good for me because I noticed a difference when I was on them. I will contiune to take medication until i feel the need not to, or until i feel like I've gotten my life in control. But I'm sure you would hate thinking about suicide, or having "depression" every single day, no matter what you do with your life.

Deadly Phantom

11,750 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Super Tipsy 200
summer m a r s h
klebold

considering that I had no medication for a year and had a hard time "coping" w/o it, and slipping slowly back into depression, even though I have a job, a place to live, and a "happy" life i still need meds. I finally after a year decided to go back on medication because it will do good for me because I noticed a difference when I was on them. I will contiune to take medication until i feel the need not to, or until i feel like I've gotten my life in control. But I'm sure you would hate thinking about suicide, or having "depression" every single day, no matter what you do with your life.

Right, but while on medication, and down the line let's say you DO "feel like I've gotten my life in countrol" or "until I feel the need not to" then what happens when you stop the medication? You'd be going right back to where you were without it. Do what I did, figure out what needs to change. I mean, specifically. It can be outrageous, impossible, unrealistic, ridiculous beyond measurement, but just think about what needs to be different. Nobody "just hates" their life. Are you upset about not getting a certain boy? Do your parents abuse you? Are you not getting good enough grades in school? Are your paychecks piss-poor? Don't answer me, just ask yourself these questions and go from there...

Otherwise, when it comes time to feeling like you're ready to be independent, without meds, you won't want to stop them, and you'll live a life of constantly adjusting to different medications... because medicine evolves, gets outdated, just flat-out changes. Life a free life, rather than a train-track life of whatever the pills tell you to. Because that's exactly what they do, they tell you how to think. You'll never have the freedom to be yourself.

Interesting Winner

7,750 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
klebold

all of those questions you asked are a no anyways.. considering i'm not any of those. lol.
but look i understand where your coming from, but apparently working out, having a job, and a car, and getting the right amount of sleep, and sex, and what ever else people recommend isn't working. if i can stop dead cold on depression medication, i'll be able to do it again. i'm not going to have medication rule my life, but when there is such a drastic change in me, no matter what else i've changed in my life that therapist and other "doctors" have told me isn't working. i have also changed what I had to change, what was making me the way I am, but that once again didn't help.
so with that I will continue to take them.

Deadly Phantom

11,750 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Super Tipsy 200
summer m a r s h
klebold

all of those questions you asked are a no anyways.. considering i'm not any of those. lol.
but look i understand where your coming from, but apparently working out, having a job, and a car, and getting the right amount of sleep, and sex, and what ever else people recommend isn't working. if i can stop dead cold on depression medication, i'll be able to do it again. i'm not going to have medication rule my life, but when there is such a drastic change in me, no matter what else i've changed in my life that therapist and other "doctors" have told me isn't working. i have also changed what I had to change, what was making me the way I am, but that once again didn't help.
so with that I will continue to take them.

I'm just advocating individuality. You sound way too dependent. For all you know, that could be your source of depression. You could be running away from the cure.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff