Welcome to Gaia! ::

For the last 2 months I have entirely changed what I eat and the exercise I do.
I used to eat 1 - 3 times a day. Now I eat 5 small meals a day.
Before I would eat frozen meals and what ever was quick, and now I am cooking with real ingredients. I try to use as natural as I can get. I do not use light dressings, I use a lot of herbs.
No white bread, pasta, rice.
I make sure to have vegetables/ fruit and protein at every meal.
I haven't had anything besides water in 2 months. I drink half my weight in ounces.

Exercise
I increased my exercise. I go to zumba using 3lb weights 4 days a week and walk my new dog 3 miles most days. I started jillian's 30 day shred.
Before I really didn't do any exercise except go to the gym once a week. My old dog who passed couldn't walk far.

Stress
I am a recruiter at Aflac. I don't get paid well because I only get paid for people who come in for an interview. ( not many at all)
I am also a grad student with a lot of student loans.

I have type 2 hypertension and hypothyroidism which I take medicine for. I am also on the depo shot. I will be getting an iud in june so I'm no longer on as many hormones. I know a lot of people who go on the depo gain a lot.

I am highly allergic to shellfish and fish.

I have not lost any weight. I have stayed 161lbs ( 73kg ) and I am 5'1. (1.5m) 24 year old female.
I know that eating well is important but I am so tired of not losing anything.

Any suggestions?
Yes it is important to eat well, but have you tried counting calories? You could be eating a lot more than you realise, eating back all your hard work.
SPAstronaut
Yes it is important to eat well, but have you tried counting calories? You could be eating a lot more than you realise, eating back all your hard work.

Yep I do, I get around 1200 - 1300 a day.
Maybe you hit a plateau and with all your medical issues it's rolled on from there.
You could try changing your workout and eating every 3 hours to help speed up your metabolism?

Tipsy Lunatic

9,650 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Contributor 150
It is possible that you lost some weight and then replaced it with muscle. Do you feel or look any different??
shefampyr
It is possible that you lost some weight and then replaced it with muscle. Do you feel or look any different??

I do feel like I've lost inches.
msxgee
Maybe you hit a plateau and with all your medical issues it's rolled on from there.
You could try changing your workout and eating every 3 hours to help speed up your metabolism?

Changing workout might be what I need.

I normally eat at 8 - 9 , 11 - 12, 2 - 3, 5 - 6

Mega Cutie-Pie

its not just the number of calories its also what kind of calories, increase protein and reduce fat by 90%
Since the beginning of may I have thought I haven't had any change. I did measure myself. I have lost a total of 7 inches in 3 weeks!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff