Welcome to Gaia! ::

I've always been generally okay with my build, but most people try to put in some effort, hit the gym occasionally, eat a little healthier, right? It's never made a significant difference for me, but I felt healthier.

I had some really harsh experiences at uni from 2012-2013. Grades so poor I was dismissed for a year. Did some time at a junior college while living at home and just came back this fall.

I don't know if it's some really mild PTSD (not to minimize it for those who really experience it) but I developed a huge anxiety disorder, frequent panic attacks, etc. I was barely eating and barely sleeping for a couple months. Through the stress of the whole situation, I lost two waist sizes. Ten pounds in the first week, then I've been improving since, getting my diet and such back on track.

I've never experienced any stress like that before, and I was so surprised that it had such drastic physical effects.

Are these two things normally correlated? Do people typically lose a lot of weight when experiencing stress?
⊰ Yes; weight loss is a common reaction to stress. ⊱
To answer your question, yes. Stress is a very simple way for weight loss to occur. In regards to your other situations, I really, genuinely hope that things get better for you. I bet its not easy, but I bet it can get better! Keep your head up mate.
Neptunes Anonymous
To answer your question, yes. Stress is a very simple way for weight loss to occur. In regards to your other situations, I really, genuinely hope that things get better for you. I bet its not easy, but I bet it can get better! Keep your head up mate.
Thank you so much for your positive response, and for answering my question. I've been doing a lot better recently. I wish the same for you. whee
Well that sucks a** for me then. I have been trying tooth and nail for five years to just drop a few inches, and it never works. I don't know where I go wrong, but I can't seem to drop. I lose weight, but never inches. Any ideas that could help?

Profitable Trader

7,600 Points
  • Trader 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Profitable 100
Stress can make you loss the desire to eat cheese_whine wahmbulance but oh well it depends on the person

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff