Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hilarious Phantom

So it started a few days ago with a cough. It's been so terrible that I can't sleep at night. I keep coughing up clear or yellow junk. As the few days passed, this awful burning feeling won't go away in the bottom of my throat behind my sternum. Also when I tilt my head back and look upward the pain increases. Now my nose has become stuffed up. I just got over strep throat about a month ago. I finally made a doctors appointment for tomorrow but this pain is beginning to worry me a little bit and I don't know if I should be more concerned. Any ideas on what might be wrong?
Sounds like an infection of some sort. I'd say the doctor will give you an antibiotic of some sort to take for a week or so.. Depending on the severity n' stuff.

Try not to worry yourself! In fact just try to make yourself as comfortable as you can. Worry will only stress you and stress is the lead cause in any sickness. You'll have answers from your doctor, and until then drink plenty of water, teas, soup... Fruits, juices. Veggies. Anything you can to make yourself all the better.

Hope you get well soon!

6,750 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Informer 100
Try running water through a coffee maker, adding lime from a real lime (sorry had to add that when I told my sister about it she started getting the artificial/preserved lime juice from the store) and a little sugar and just drink it as needed... But if it's just a bad cough it'll take care of it. Everytime I have anything wrong I try that first before I go to the doctor.

I was coughing really bad at work one day and my coworker made it for me and ever since it is my go to home remedy!
Have you checked for acute bronchitis? Acute bronchitis is swelling and inflammation of the main air passages to the lungs. This swelling narrows the airways, making it harder to breathe and causing other symptoms, such as a cough. Acute means the symptoms have only been present for a short time.

Acute bronchitis almost always follows a cold or flu-like infection. The infection is caused by a virus. At first, it affects your nose, sinuses, and throat. Then it spreads to the airways leading to your lungs.

Sometimes, bacteria also infect the airways. This is called a secondary infection.

Chronic bronchitis is a long-term condition. To be diagnosed with chronic bronchitis, you must have a cough with mucus most days of the month for at least 3 months.

The symptoms of acute bronchitis may include:

Chest discomfort
Cough that produces mucus; it may be clear or yellow-green
Fatigue
Fever -- usually low-grade
Shortness of breath that gets worse with activity
Wheezing, in people with asthma

Even after acute bronchitis has cleared, you may have a dry, nagging cough that lingers for 1 to 4 weeks.

At times, it may be hard to know whether you have pneumonia or only bronchitis. If you have pneumonia, you are more likely to have a high fever and chills, feel sicker, or feel short of breath.

Tests may include:

Chest x-ray, if the health care provider suspects pneumonia
Pulse oximetry to help determine the amount of oxygen in your blood by using a device placed on the end of your finger

Hilarious Phantom

Lady Kariel
Have you checked for acute bronchitis? Acute bronchitis is swelling and inflammation of the main air passages to the lungs. This swelling narrows the airways, making it harder to breathe and causing other symptoms, such as a cough. Acute means the symptoms have only been present for a short time.

Acute bronchitis almost always follows a cold or flu-like infection. The infection is caused by a virus. At first, it affects your nose, sinuses, and throat. Then it spreads to the airways leading to your lungs.

Sometimes, bacteria also infect the airways. This is called a secondary infection.

Chronic bronchitis is a long-term condition. To be diagnosed with chronic bronchitis, you must have a cough with mucus most days of the month for at least 3 months.

Chest discomfort
Fatigue

Even after acute bronchitis has cleared, you may have a dry, nagging cough that lingers for 1 to 4 weeks.

At times, it may be hard to know whether you have pneumonia or only bronchitis. If you have pneumonia, you are more likely to have a high fever and chills, feel sicker, or feel short of breath.

Tests may include:

Pulse oximetry to help determine the amount of oxygen in your blood by using a device placed on the end of your finger

Thank you so much! I ended up going to the doctor and sure enough I have acute bronchitis. I hope that it won't last much longer now.
TheGhostofCorporateFuture
Lady Kariel

Chest discomfort
Fatigue

Tests may include:

Thank you so much! I ended up going to the doctor and sure enough I have acute bronchitis. I hope that it won't last much longer now.

Well seeing that it's acute it shouldn't. I wish you a speedy recovery!

Noob

your house could also be too dry or cold, or both. use a humidifier, and make sure youre bundled up, especially when you sleep. if your air is dry, it'll dry up your sinuses and throat and that dryness can lead to other problems, like infections. being cold makes it easier for pathogens to invade our bodies cos our blood isnt circulating at it's best.

make sure youre drinking plenty of water, at least 2 liters a day, i drink about 3+ liters, thats 10+cups a day.

i cant say for sure what is wrong with you, but i suspect that your sinuses and throat being dry could have made it easy for an infection.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff