Welcome to Gaia! ::

It started two days ago,my left shoulder felt rather numb,but it didn't really hurt me.So I didn't pay much attention to its condition,and didn't suffer any other matters with it.Yesterday though,when I was sitting watching Tv,a rather suddent pain hit me on the same shoulder again,expanding a little bit to my neck.It lasted only few seconds though,but was rather sharp.Today,it's even worse,my shoulder gives me these short flashes of pain without even moving it.
I've experienced back pains last week,which were rather sharp so I thought my shoulder pain might be caused by the bad postures as well,but I didn't truely do anything out of ordinary.
I took pain killers and tried stretching my shoulder,but the pain is always there,even if it's getting lighter and lighter.
I don't know if this is just a passing pain to be ignored,and I don't wish to engage into a medical option already but this is starting to worry me alot.
Should I really see a doctor for this kind of pain? or just wait to see if it calms down?
Any suggestions of what might cause a similar pain?

Newbie Noob

RICE, rest, ice compression and elevation.

If you don't want to see a doctor, then that would be what I would suggest. Ice it, give it some rest, and do some self massage.

If you want "dr. light", go look at a sports physical therapist. A PT isn't really all that expensive, and they might have some insight on what's up that I cannot diagnose over the Interwebs.
Slutty_Eddie
RICE, rest, ice compression and elevation.

If you don't want to see a doctor, then that would be what I would suggest. Ice it, give it some rest, and do some self massage.

If you want "dr. light", go look at a sports physical therapist. A PT isn't really all that expensive, and they might have some insight on what's up that I cannot diagnose over the Interwebs.

I will use an ice-pad on it and avoid moving it as much as I can.
And yes,I considered consulting a PT,which I will do if the pain remains any longer.
Thank you for the answer and your time.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces