Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shadowy Shapeshifter

6,400 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Forum Regular 100
I so need to get fit, we're talking not just lose weight but I want to be faster stronger, and much more flexible.

I'd like to have at least one martial art at it's highest level by next year (Jan 2015)

Any suggestions on what sort of training regimen, diet, or martial art I should do, eat, train in?

6,000 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Hygienic 200
The martial art goal is impossible, people train for 15 years and never make it to the highest level.

Shadowy Shapeshifter

6,400 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Forum Regular 100
Wolfdude87
The martial art goal is impossible, people train for 15 years and never make it to the highest level.

I know that that's why I said possible* there in my post There's no way I"ll be a master but at least get one or two belts in one year it's possible.
Well for the martial art, find some American chain and they will let you buy your way up to a black belt. Truth is that true materialists train for years, decades even to become advanced, not experts. Sit back and learn and practice, honor the eastern traditions and you will gain a lot of strength.

As for fitness, can you give me one specific area that you feel you struggle in? Example, by the end of next year I want to have a squat that is 1.5x my body weight, a deadlift that is 2x or more my body weight, an overhead press that is 1x my body weight and a bench press that is 1.5x or more of my body weight. My training regiment is going to be very different than lets say if I wanted to have a 100m spring that is under 10 seconds.

6,000 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Hygienic 200
Un-Chien-1
Wolfdude87

I know that that's why I said possible* there in my post There's no way I"ll be a master but at least get one or two belts in one year it's possible.

Lol when you said "the highest level possible" I thought you meant "the highest level there is" instead of "the highest level you can in a year". I'm an idiot xd

Shadowy Shapeshifter

6,400 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Forum Regular 100
XenoReiji
Well for the martial art, find some American chain and they will let you buy your way up to a black belt. Truth is that true materialists train for years, decades even to become advanced, not experts. Sit back and learn and practice, honor the eastern traditions and you will gain a lot of strength.

As for fitness, can you give me one specific area that you feel you struggle in? Example, by the end of next year I want to have a squat that is 1.5x my body weight, a deadlift that is 2x or more my body weight, an overhead press that is 1x my body weight and a bench press that is 1.5x or more of my body weight. My training regiment is going to be very different than lets say if I wanted to have a 100m spring that is under 10 seconds.

Well I have good arm strength since switching jobs I've gone a bit soft but can tighten them back up in the course of a weekend x3 Uhm, as for the rest of me I want to have abs and definition in my stomach and the speed and endurance I want to be able to run 5k in 10 min. Running is my biggest weakness I have strength and I'm good at a slow pace I've done hiking mountain climbing I'm really good at lasting just not in speed. sad Suggestions? x3

Shadowy Shapeshifter

6,400 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Forum Regular 100
Wolfdude87
Un-Chien-1
Wolfdude87

Lol when you said "the highest level possible" I thought you meant "the highest level there is" instead of "the highest level you can in a year". I'm an idiot xd

x3 Nah it's good hugs :3
Un-Chien-1
Well I have good arm strength since switching jobs I've gone a bit soft but can tighten them back up in the course of a weekend x3 Uhm, as for the rest of me I want to have abs and definition in my stomach and the speed and endurance I want to be able to run 5k in 10 min. Running is my biggest weakness I have strength and I'm good at a slow pace I've done hiking mountain climbing I'm really good at lasting just not in speed. sad Suggestions? x3
Hmm... well... getting definition and endurance kind of contradict each other. Distance running eats away at muscle that is needed to have definition.

Anyway, for endurance training you will want a combination of actual distance running and high intensity anaerobic exercise. Sadly I am not an endurance athlete so... I do not have much advice on how to improve your time. O.o... though a 5k in 10 minutes? That is not something that you will likely achieve unless you dedicate several years to just doing endurance running. Unless of course you already have a 15 minute 5k. Anyway the best way to improve your times there would to be running a long distance.... you know between 1.6k and 5k Once a week.. maybe twice. Then twice a week do high intensity training like sprints and other such cardio training. This will help your body build up your cardiovascular system. Having a stronger cardiovascular system will allow you to run longer.

Mountain climbing and hiking... well two VERY different things... with climbing I find people who are not fast rely on their arms too much. Use your legs to push you up the mountain. As for hiking any number of things not related to your health can slow you down. The main thing I would recommend would be to find two walking sticks. Their main function will be to help you conserve energy by allowing your arm to take some of the stress.

That is all I can really recommend... next I say take to google or yahoo or bing or whatever and search for tips on increasing your long distance running speed there.

Shadowy Shapeshifter

6,400 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Forum Regular 100
XenoReiji
Un-Chien-1
Hmm... well... getting definition and endurance kind of contradict each other. Distance running eats away at muscle that is needed to have definition.

Anyway, for endurance training you will want a combination of actual distance running and high intensity anaerobic exercise. Sadly I am not an endurance athlete so... I do not have much advice on how to improve your time. O.o... though a 5k in 10 minutes? That is not something that you will likely achieve unless you dedicate several years to just doing endurance running. Unless of course you already have a 15 minute 5k. Anyway the best way to improve your times there would to be running a long distance.... you know between 1.6k and 5k Once a week.. maybe twice. Then twice a week do high intensity training like sprints and other such cardio training. This will help your body build up your cardiovascular system. Having a stronger cardiovascular system will allow you to run longer.

Mountain climbing and hiking... well two VERY different things... with climbing I find people who are not fast rely on their arms too much. Use your legs to push you up the mountain. As for hiking any number of things not related to your health can slow you down. The main thing I would recommend would be to find two walking sticks. Their main function will be to help you conserve energy by allowing your arm to take some of the stress.

That is all I can really recommend... next I say take to google or yahoo or bing or whatever and search for tips on increasing your long distance running speed there.

Thanks x3 I appreciate it, I'll definitely take consideration of your advice and that's so true! I do have a lot of arm strength and rely on it more than my legs. >_< I know that when i get tired i start to rely on upper body instead of legs like when i was moving my friend to an several stairway apartment with no elevator BLAH! I would stack as much as I could and rely on using my brute strength instead of being able to deal with the stairs on all the trips I'd try to shorten how many trips I had to make x3 hugs it was really helpful talking to you thanks!

Fashionable Explorer

8,150 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Generous 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Drink lots of water,do yoga, run,and fill your plate with more vegetable les meat.that would be a good start. wink

Shadowy Shapeshifter

6,400 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Forum Regular 100
magdalathe3
Drink lots of water,do yoga, run,and fill your plate with more vegetable les meat.that would be a good start. wink

xP I never understand yoga if it's gymnastics i like it if it's stretching i like it but the yoga thing xP I don't get it and no worries i eat my veggies smile
Un-Chien-1

xP I never understand yoga if it's gymnastics i like it if it's stretching i like it but the yoga thing xP I don't get it and no worries i eat my veggies smile
Yoga is a great rest day exercise. It moblizes your joints, stretches you out, and increases strength. It is amazing, what Yoga can do for you. The only way it is an effective workout routine is if it is the only thing you do. Like I said I recommend it on rest days.

Shadowy Shapeshifter

6,400 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Forum Regular 100
XenoReiji
Un-Chien-1

Yoga is a great rest day exercise. It moblizes your joints, stretches you out, and increases strength. It is amazing, what Yoga can do for you. The only way it is an effective workout routine is if it is the only thing you do. Like I said I recommend it on rest days.

Aye aye cap'n! ;3

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces