Welcome to Gaia! ::

I have an annoying schedule.
No time for work out.
Maybe work IS my work out because by the time I'm home, I'm exhausted.

My BMI's 25, I'm 5 ft 2 and weigh 10 stones. I used to be 8 but ya'know. College and work happened.

How the heck do sneak in some exercises (I can never spell that right) in a busy life.

And if I'm to jog everyday, how far and at what pace should I be jogging?

What can I do that will shed all this excess stuff off?

Fashionable Phantom

Are you eating clean?

Before I started exercising I changed my diet. I don't think I would have been able to do it the other way around... certain things I was eating were actually hindering my progress (sugar, grains, anything processed).

You may find that if you eat clean (meat, veggies, fruit and some nuts/seeds) you'll have more energy at the end of the day to fit your exercise in. I certainly felt better than I had in years cutting grains and legumes out of my diet.

I still eat rice on rare occasion, and I added goat dairy back into my diet as well. Cow dairy does NOT agree with me, but I can eat all the goat cheese I want. Weird. But whatever.

I'm making a lot more gains (think lean muscle, not fat) with exercise now that my diet is cleaned up.

Ladykiller

8,450 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Megathread 100
  • Clambake 200
1) You're telling me you can't pull 30 minutes out of your day to workout? That's absurd. Anyone can find time to workout if their fitness goals are important enough to them.

2) What are your goals? If you give me specific goals I can give you tips on hitting them but "killer bod" is hardly one. Everybody wants a nice body but when asked specifically, they're hardpressed to give an answer.
Here's the thing. Your body is a direct reflection of the kind of life you lead. If your body is not how you want it to be, then you need to change your lifestyle first. Your body is not something that you can control: it just assumes its shape according to how you treat it.

Weight is determined by three things in three rough percentages: 80% diet, 10% exercise, and 10% genetics.

Diet makes up the bulk of what you weigh, so start looking at your diet. You should not eat any form of sugar (table sugar, aspartame, molasses, syrup, etc). It has no nutritional value and is directly correlated with making you gain fat. Also avoid white carbs: pasta, bread, rice, cookies, etc. They have no nutrition and they also make you gain weight. The rest of your diet should be comprised of whole foods. For example, when you buy packaged foods, the ingredients list should have only a few ingredients and they should ALL be recognizable and easily pronounceable to you. Things like 'soy lecithin' and 'potassium sorbate' should not be on this list. Thus, it's easier to buy whole foods like apples and lettuce because they contain only one ingredient. If you want to lose weight, aim to cut out 500 calories from your day, but don't do it all through diet. If you just eat 500 calories less, you'll be miserable and not eat much at all. The 500 calorie goal is most achievable with exercise.

Exercise has two forms: aerobic (cardio) and strength training. You need a mixture of both to get the maximum calorie expenditure. Strength training builds muscle, and muscle takes a lot of calories to maintain. So by building muscles, your body will be burning calories while you aren't even doing anything. Don't be afraid of being bulky because women cannot be bulky due to hormones and their body structure. Strength train every other day in order to give your muscles rest in between. Examples of strength training include lifting weights, doing body-weight exercises like sit-ups, pilates, and the weight machines at the gym. Cardio exercises burn a lot of calories all at once, but you don't continue to burn calories after you're finished. You should do at least 30 minutes of cardio 6 out of 7 days. It can include brisk walking, swimming, cycling, dancing, etc. Just get your heart rate up and break a sweat. Since you mentioned that you don't have enough time, I recommend doing interval training or tabata training. It involves alternating levels of cardio intensity (low intensity (not sweating yet, but getting a little tired, like walking), moderate (breaking a sweat, like running/jogging) and high (all-out, like sprinting)) in a short amount of time and builds endurance and burns the most calories out of all exercises. It also involves a strength training circuit of exercises like push-ups and lunges. 10-30 minutes of interval training are sufficient, depending on your fitness level. And finally, have a rest day where you don't do anything. Sometimes you need a break, so give yourself a day off every week. If you'd like to find out more about each, just google them or you can PM me.

Finally, your genetics will control where you deposit and lose fat. Women tend to have fat on their hips and thighs, but sometimes there are those "apple" shapes that store fat on their tummy and arms. Men store fat around their tummy, usually. You can't lose fat in one area of your body by doing exercises. Exercise doesn't make you lose fat, it helps keep it off. Keep a clean diet, exercise in the routine that combines both strength training and cardio and you will drop a lot of weight. You need to keep up this routine forever though, otherwise you'll gain it all back. That's why it's a lifestyle change, and not a quick fix. Good luck on your quest smile
User Image 1200 calories a day, 20 minutes of exercise.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff