Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fashionable Gaian

If you're tying to lose weight sometimes it's fun if someone joins sweatdrop
I'm a size 15/16 in jeans and I don't really know what size I wanna be but I would like to lose about 50 pounds .
I started excising yesterday and eating fruit and fat free yogurt and this morning I exercised for about 30 minutes then had some light Campbell soup with 3 grams of fat and 100 calories. I'm going to exercise again later on . 4laugh

Super Fairy

11,750 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Profitable 100
Congrats on your decision to take action 3nodding !!

I highly recommend you to eat more than 100 calorie soup for a meal. Even I can't be sustained on that and I'm about 110lbs.

My biggest advice would be to just make healthier choices. You can still eat what you want to, and eat as much as you are, but simply making healthier choices can help you lose weight.

Fruit and yogurt doesn't sound enough, why not add some granola cereal and dried nuts and sunflower seeds to it? That's what I do. 3nodding

Also, I like adding extra veggies and brown rice to canned soups so they're more filling.

What kinda exercises are you doing? I do weight-training and I can honestly say it's way better than just cardio. A mix of both would be really good. Building muscle wont make you bulky, and it'll make you burn more calories while idle.
The way I see it is:
Cardio - works out a little bit of muscle, burns calories mostly only while working out.
Weight training - works out many muscles, builds muscle (which burns more calories while not working out), and burns calories while working out.

Fashionable Gaian

Sopiyu

I highly recommend you to eat more than 100 calorie soup for a meal. Even I can't be sustained on that and I'm about 110lbs.

My biggest advice would be to just make healthier choices. You can still eat what you want to, and eat as much as you are, but simply making healthier choices can help you lose weight.

Fruit and yogurt doesn't sound enough, why not add some granola cereal and dried nuts and sunflower seeds to it? That's what I do. 3nodding

Also, I like adding extra veggies and brown rice to canned soups so they're more filling.

What kinda exercises are you doing? I do weight-training and I can honestly say it's way better than just cardio. A mix of both would be really good. Building muscle wont make you bulky, and it'll make you burn more calories while idle.
The way I see it is:
Cardio - works out a little bit of muscle, burns calories mostly only while working out.
Weight training - works out many muscles, builds muscle (which burns more calories while not working out), and burns calories while working out.

Aw I just wanted to eat a little that way I can lose weight faster whee
I also have a waist cincher that I'm going to start wearing, and I do squats and dumbbells and do the elliptical. Today I did it for 25 minutes in the morning before I ate my soup then I just finished doing it just now for 20 minutes and I just had some strawberries 3nodding
Yep me too! I have started and stopped dieting so much in the past, but I want to give it an honest go this time. I've been using the MyFitnessPal app, and it helps so much with counting calories for meals and stuff. You can type in pretty much any food and log it in a diary that keeps track of how much you ate for the day.
I'm going to tell you right away, fat-free and low fat isn't going to help you at all. It's just going to leave you feeling hungrier. Fat in yogurt is actually the good fats, saturated and monounsaturated. They actually help you lose weight and keep you fuller longer.

When fat is removed from a food product, they actually add in more sugar to make it more palatable. This actually gives you food cravings.

Super Fairy

11,750 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Profitable 100
Raquel Chanel
Sopiyu

The way I see it is:

I also have a waist cincher that I'm going to start wearing, and I do squats and dumbbells and do the elliptical. Today I did it for 25 minutes in the morning before I ate my soup then I just finished doing it just now for 20 minutes and I just had some strawberries 3nodding
Oo I use a corset sometimes. 3nodding

I just brought up the eating more because eventually your body is going to go into starvation mode from the tiny amount of calories you're consuming and you'll feel tempted to binge. It's happened to me several times, especially while going through anorexia ( I'm recovered now.) If you're eating under 1,200 calories, you're definitely under-eating and will end up having binge urges. Just coming from experience and research. 3nodding

Super Fairy

11,750 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Profitable 100
Flygoedla
I'm going to tell you right away, fat-free and low fat isn't going to help you at all. It's just going to leave you feeling hungrier. Fat in yogurt is actually the good fats, saturated and monounsaturated. They actually help you lose weight and keep you fuller longer.

When fat is removed from a food product, they actually add in more sugar to make it more palatable. This actually gives you food cravings.
This!!!!

I always get full-fat greek yogurt. I never choose diet options nowadays because I don't feel very full, or it's filled with more sugar.

Another good example is lower fat peanut butter. They just add more sugar.

Fashionable Gaian

Flygoedla

gonk
What do you suggest I eat ?

Fashionable Gaian

Sopiyu
Raquel Chanel
Sopiyu

The way I see it is:

I just brought up the eating more because eventually your body is going to go into starvation mode from the tiny amount of calories you're consuming and you'll feel tempted to binge. It's happened to me several times, especially while going through anorexia ( I'm recovered now.) If you're eating under 1,200 calories, you're definitely under-eating and will end up having binge urges. Just coming from experience and research. 3nodding

Aw I'm glad you overcame that struggle ! emotion_hug
Do you have any suggestions of what I should eat throughout the day ? sweatdrop
Raquel Chanel
Flygoedla

gonk
What do you suggest I eat ?

If you drink milk, use whole milk. Use whole plain yogurt, and add fresh or frozen berries and maybe a few nuts. When you eat a meal or snack - make sure you always eat a protein, a fat, and a carb. One of my favorite bedtime snacks is sauteed apple slices in butter, walnuts and cinnamon, covered with 1/2 cup of home made whipping cream.

Super Fairy

11,750 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Profitable 100
Raquel Chanel
Sopiyu
Raquel Chanel
Sopiyu

The way I see it is:

Aw I'm glad you overcame that struggle ! emotion_hug
Do you have any suggestions of what I should eat throughout the day ? sweatdrop

Thanks!!! emotion_hug
You should definitely try Greek yogurt.. It's more creamier and thicker, and wayyy more satisfying than normal yogurt. Just make sure you get a flavored kind, because plain yogurt in general is just sour. cat_whee Vanilla greek yogurt is really yummy. There's flavored ones but I just get vanilla. cat_sweatdrop I really recommend adding granola cereal to yogurt, and dried berries and small nuts (I like sunflower and pepito/baby pumpkin seeds.)
That makes a perfect and filling snack. Another simple thing could be apples/bananas with peanut butter. Make huuuuge salads with lettuce and tons of other fresh veggies but use a fat-free dressing so it doesn't load up the calories. My favorite is fat-free Italian.
I avoid anything fat-free bc it has a lot of sugar, but dressing is one of the only exceptions.

Do you like oatmeal? Overnight oats and super yummy. There's lots of ideas and recipes online for them.

I honestly ate that yogurt thing I described like 3 times a day while recovering. I also put cottage cheese in it, sounds gross to people who don't like cottage cheese tho. Just meant extra calories for me. cat_sweatdrop

Chicken breast cooked in the oven is really nice too, paired with a bunch of roasted and fresh veggies with a healthy carb, such as brown rice or baked sweet potatoes.
I would like to join, but not right now. I would like to try exercise along with juicing and white meats like fish and rice. I could stand to lose about 50 pounds for my cholesterol levels, stress and general health.
Sounds like you're off to a good start. I'll join you on your weight loss adventure. I ran this morning, had three veggie dogs, and I'm gonna make some cocoa later.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff