Welcome to Gaia! ::

superforkkk's Significant Otter

I'm at dance major at my university. I've been dancing since i can't remember. But ever since I've came to my university there are such talented and beautiful dancers and I simply just lost all my motivation. sad

Thieving Camper

heaven_dreamer
I'm at dance major at my university. I've been dancing since i can't remember. But ever since I've came to my university there are such talented and beautiful dancers and I simply just lost all my motivation. sad

I'm don't think if I can provide the best advice on this subject but, where you expecting something "standard", "mandatory" ?
Or would you prefer to be the very best of them all and just slack off?
How about the saying "Genius Is 99% Perspiration and 1% Inspiration" ?

If you feel not as much talented or beautiful, I truly believe through hard work you can achieve the same level
of performance if not greater.

Example, I had a classmate who would struggle through middle-high school because she had trouble understanding
things, but she also had determination to sit and spend nights studying, which I lacked, I was a slacker and took my
talent for granted, and no matter how talented I was, I still look up to her to this day, her determination is inspiring
and I bet she's now doing by far better than anyone I knew from back than, but I still am a slacker.

Another example of hard work would be ants, but I've already written a whole bunch.

edit: On a side note, if you chose to go for Dance Major, you surely are cut from something other than the common
rabble, it would be a shame to lose a performing artist.

Ladykiller

8,450 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Megathread 100
  • Clambake 200
Chances are you're better than you think. We are our own worst critics. The fact that you are in the position that you are shows that you are just as beautiful and talented as they are. Even if you do find someone who is truly at another level, you should be inspired, not discouraged, by them.

Hilarious Gawker

5,100 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Wall Street 200
heaven_dreamer

Just take a moment to stop and think about this. There are hundreds of people that wanted to go to the University that you're going to, and YOU got in. That means that the school see's something in you that they didn't see in others (talent, passion, perseverance, etc)

You're not the only one that feels this way either. You see others and how well they dance, there are people that see you this way as well, they may or may not admit it but everyone goes through what you're going through.

My best advise to get your motivation back is to think why you've been dancing for as long as you have. Then think why did you apply to the school. Think about how you felt when you got the acceptance letter. Think about the thought's that ran through your head about wanting to do this for as long as you can. And NEVER EVER compare yourself to someone else. That's self sabotage and has ruined many talented people that where still blossoming.
Well, i feel that you need to look at some world class dancers for some motivation. You need to have a look at how they danced, the way they inspire other peoples and their secret to being confident all the time.

Divine Zealot

A lot of them may have been practicing longer than you have, and if they're your seniors, then that just explains it even more. Everyone else who joins thinks the same thing, and one day, others will think the same of you being more talented as well.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff