Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dapper Darling

So I stumbled on this "Shrink Yourself" program (It's made by a shrink, so you are sort of your own psychiatrist, but at the same time you're trying to resolve emotional eating and food addiction and take control of your "ghost stomach".), and I've been reading the free 20 pg packet you can get and from what I understand, I agree with some of the things this psychiatrist has to say about eating in general, I just think that this program in general could be used in a lot of ways to find the underlying causes of why people are addicted to what they are and from what a lot of reviewers have said, it just helps in general in delving in and uncovering the empty feeling. Either way, I recommend just reading the first 20 pages of the e-book.

I haven't tried a lot of diet plans, because I don't have money to do that and have always been told by everyone it just takes a lot of clean eating and working out - as well as patience.

But every time I've tried to diet I always get worked up and immediately feel super hungry.

I have been to a psychiatrist before and have brushed up on it, but I always felt uncomfortable talking about being an emotional eater/boredom eater.

I'm not doing the online session, cause it costs 80 dollars, but I think I will buy the book off of Amazon and do it that way I think.

the Shrink Yourself website

Some general questions:

Are you an emotional eater?
Besides psychiatric help, what has helped you over come it?
Free resolutions to this problem are always appreciated, as I would love to not have to pay for anything LOL.

Unbeatable Prophet

43,525 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Healer 50
  • Cosmic Healer 200
I realized I was getting too many calories. I don't know if it was emotional eating, but I just wanted all these different tastes of food before I'd be satisfied enough to go to bed. Anyway, I stopped all that nonsense and now I don't have the cravings for the bad food anymore. surprised

Conservative Explorer

I probably fall into the "emotional eating" category, but in reverse. If I'm worried, stressed, mad, depressed, or other such strong, negative emotion, I don't eat. My stomach hurts and is all knotted up, and that really throws off my appetite.

If I'm happy or bored, I'm a pig.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces