Welcome to Gaia! ::

6,800 Points
  • Member 100
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Invisibility 100
Dreamway Express
None of those sound particularly filling...

I eat a small amount. >.<
wudup broski
ShiiraYuki
wudup broski
Is it a good thing if I only eat when I'm hungry, but very little?

Lately, all I've been consuming are:
- fruits
- Thinsation's chocolate covered pretzels (not often)
- Nutella hot chocolate
- eggs
- water
- lemon water
- tea
- milk
- yogurt

...Woah, I just realized I've been eating those main foods for about two weeks now. o__o

Three major things:
1. You need to increase your protein intake.
Not sure if you are vegetarian, but everyone needs their diet to have about 10-30% protein (depending on your goals). This will help you maintain lean body mass (which improves your metabolism and fat burning potential), and help you feel more "satisfied" with meals.

2. You need more carbohydrates!
This is incredibly important, your diet should be PRIMARILY carbohydrates! The human body's main source of energy is carbs, the brain relies on carbs to function! Your diet should be about 45-65% carbs. This is not to say you need to eat bread and pastries all the time. Make good carb choices. Veggies, fruits. Look up online some good carb choices, have some oatmeal in the morning, something to help you feel full throughout the day and keep your body functioning.

3. You need more overall calories in general.
Yes a deficit in calories is important to lose weight, but the body NEEDS calories to function and to perform activity to promote fat burning and weight loss. By adding protein and carbs to your diet, this should be taken care of.

Hope that helps, let me know if you have any questions or thoughts on it. heart

No, I'm not vegetarian. I eat lots of fruits! smile I like oatmeal, but I'm not sure if I should put something in it since I'm getting tired of eating it plain now.
Also, thank you for this <3

Do you eat meats?

Try adding fruits to your oatmeal.

Firestarter

9,850 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Threadmaster 200
Being starving and then JUST eating barely enough to take away that hunger pain is not a good idea. YOu are still hungry. Honestly when I started to eat healthy I found that the whole "5 small meals a day thing" made me hungrier! When i grazed on fruits/veggies and nuts instead of just eating a whole meal i would never be full and always be hungry within 2 hours. I'm not saying you can't term enough fruits/veggies and nuts into a meal because obviously you can. I eat all my calories for the day in typically 2 meals and then I am done. When I eat really small and light meals though, I always find that I am hungry all day long.

6,800 Points
  • Member 100
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Invisibility 100
ShiiraYuki
wudup broski
ShiiraYuki
wudup broski
Is it a good thing if I only eat when I'm hungry, but very little?

Lately, all I've been consuming are:
- fruits
- Thinsation's chocolate covered pretzels (not often)
- Nutella hot chocolate
- eggs
- water
- lemon water
- tea
- milk
- yogurt

...Woah, I just realized I've been eating those main foods for about two weeks now. o__o

Three major things:
1. You need to increase your protein intake.
Not sure if you are vegetarian, but everyone needs their diet to have about 10-30% protein (depending on your goals). This will help you maintain lean body mass (which improves your metabolism and fat burning potential), and help you feel more "satisfied" with meals.

2. You need more carbohydrates!
This is incredibly important, your diet should be PRIMARILY carbohydrates! The human body's main source of energy is carbs, the brain relies on carbs to function! Your diet should be about 45-65% carbs. This is not to say you need to eat bread and pastries all the time. Make good carb choices. Veggies, fruits. Look up online some good carb choices, have some oatmeal in the morning, something to help you feel full throughout the day and keep your body functioning.

3. You need more overall calories in general.
Yes a deficit in calories is important to lose weight, but the body NEEDS calories to function and to perform activity to promote fat burning and weight loss. By adding protein and carbs to your diet, this should be taken care of.

Hope that helps, let me know if you have any questions or thoughts on it. heart

No, I'm not vegetarian. I eat lots of fruits! smile I like oatmeal, but I'm not sure if I should put something in it since I'm getting tired of eating it plain now.
Also, thank you for this <3

Do you eat meats?

Try adding fruits to your oatmeal.

I eat meat, but not always

Divine Zealot

Remember that, we often often misrepresent our intake when eating. Many thin people tend to overestimate their intake, and the reverse is true of obese individuals. I've known a few girls who eat around 800 calories a day, and wonder why they're not gaining any weight because they "eat a ton!" Count out your calories, and go from there.

Next, as you eat meat, perhaps try to get an intake of lean meats. The leaner the better. Chicken breast is a fantastic choice if you know how to cook it. I tend to prefer lean beef, though. It's a taste thing. Leaner meats have less fat, which lowers your caloric intake on the same calories of protein. Protein tends to have a higher satiety rate in proportion to the other macros.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff