Welcome to Gaia! ::

Friendly Hunter

When i ran, usually i would increase about 0.5-1.0 miles per week. Until recently, i could run for 3 miles non stop. Suddenly, ive stopped running to take care for my grandmother. Any thought for me to start again?

Wealthy Noob

6,400 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
heyitsbill
When i ran, usually i would increase about 0.5-1.0 miles per week. Until recently, i could run for 3 miles non stop. Suddenly, ive stopped running to take care for my grandmother. Any thought for me to start again?

HI! I am a runner as well, with aspirations to do a half marathon in a couple of months. For me, If I skip more than 3-4 days, I find that I cannot run as far. So what I do to start up again is to mix up my runs and start off slow then finish strong, what I mean by this is, start off walking for 0.25 miles. It may be kind of annoying, because youre used to running, but it helps your body start up again. After a 0.25 walk, begin light jogging (now this part is all about how you feel. Do you seem sluggish? or ready to run again?) If youre feeling it and missed the run, go for it! If youre feeling sluggish, push it to a point (dont want to hurt yourself on the first day of running again).

Basically, I've come back from breaks raring to start up and go further, and Ive come back feeling super sluggish. Get a feel for what your body wants to do by starting off with a brisk walk.

Good luck biggrin

Friendly Hunter

Tiffany0White
Taking care of your grandmother is a good thing! As for running, you could do something else at home, like 10 min cardio or something to keep you active, check out this 10 min cardio video
http://www.idealweightsociety.com/10-minutes-fat-burning-exercise-lose-weight-reduce-belly-fat-fast/
wow uhh video... tldw haha

btw, thanks for sharing! It maybe can help me to reduce fat. Actually im looking forward to join army

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff