Welcome to Gaia! ::

Quotable Genius

So, as the title says: I have Zits and Pimples along my hairline- and inside my hair, and I'm just curious if there is any products or anything that someone might recommend.

This first question I imagine will be asked is what products I use, so here's what I use in the shower:
For a shampoo I use Paul Mitchell Clarifying Shampoo Three. "Specially formulated to wash hair from the inside. Helps remove chlorine and impurities, increase inner strength and prevent immediate re-deposit. Ideal for swimmers to beat the 'chlorine green.' Excellent before deep condition."

For a conditioner I use:Tea Tree Hair and Scalp Treatment. "Hair and scalp issues need immediate intervention. Get help with a tingly does of strengthening conditioners and skin refining agents. the non-medicated formula and stimulating fragrance of tee tree oil, peppermint and lavender protects, moisturizes and invigorates troubled hair."

I imagine the next question would be about the Pimples themselves. There's not much to say other than that they are just that: pimples. They are not ingrown hairs, as there is no hair at the base of them. They vary in size, and also vary in pain. I can pop them, just like I would with a pimple or zit on my face.

It's just really kind of embarrassing as w/ any zit or pimple and I just want 'em gone. Any suggestions? Ideas? I have very fine hair, that's not that greasy. (The picture in my sig is me w/ hair gel which is something I use very rarely, but enjoy using.) Thanks in advance!

GltchdCodex's Honey Bun

Anxious Bunny

10,150 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
I get pimples in those areas as well. But, thats mostly because i switched products or use mix-matched products. Now i use paul mitchell awapuhi shampoo and conditioner and it seems to be letting the skin around my hairline get a little break from the pimples.. But, some pimples just wint budge so i use Garnier clean blackhead eliminating scrub with charcoal. It unclogs pores and clears your complexion. But i just dont use it alone mostly because our hands carry alot of bacteria even after washing. So i use an exfoliating brush along with the garnier product and within a week they start clearing up.

*try not to use two different products it can irritate the scalp and your skin and of course be a leading problem with your acne*

Quotable Genius

My Last Wish
I get pimples in those areas as well. But, thats mostly because i switched products or use mix-matched products. Now i use paul mitchell awapuhi shampoo and conditioner and it seems to be letting the skin around my hairline get a little break from the pimples.. But, some pimples just wint budge so i use Garnier clean blackhead eliminating scrub with charcoal. It unclogs pores and clears your complexion. But i just dont use it alone mostly because our hands carry alot of bacteria even after washing. So i use an exfoliating brush along with the garnier product and within a week they start clearing up.

*try not to use two different products it can irritate the scalp and your skin and of course be a leading problem with your acne*

Ok! Thanks! So, should I try to get an all-in-one conditioner/shampoo mix, or something?

ShakeZor's Waifu

Big Trash

I used to get this a lot, and mixing and matching products never really bothered my skin. What was a problem for me though, was using harsh shampoos on my head and irritating the scalp. It would cause a lot of zits to break out. That may be an issue.
Another cause could be rubbing conditioner into your scalp. You may not have oily hair, but over moisturizing your scalp could cause clogged pores. If you have really short hair and can't avoid rubbing it into your scalp, just cut back on how often you're using conditioner.

Quotable Genius

undercoverwalrus
I used to get this a lot, and mixing and matching products never really bothered my skin. What was a problem for me though, was using harsh shampoos on my head and irritating the scalp. It would cause a lot of zits to break out. That may be an issue.
Another cause could be rubbing conditioner into your scalp. You may not have oily hair, but over moisturizing your scalp could cause clogged pores. If you have really short hair and can't avoid rubbing it into your scalp, just cut back on how often you're using conditioner.
that makes sense. so should I condition once every other day? or two times a week?

ShakeZor's Waifu

Big Trash

RuinYourChildhood
undercoverwalrus
that makes sense. so should I condition once every other day? or two times a week?

You should play around with it and see what feels and works best.

Quotable Genius

undercoverwalrus
RuinYourChildhood
undercoverwalrus

You should play around with it and see what feels and works best.
ok, thanks!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces