Welcome to Gaia! ::

Stupid question...I know...

If you were to do a certain exercise (push up's, crunches, jumping jacks)...how long are you supposed to do them for.
Until you get tired? until you reached your goal amount? I've always wondered this. I work out until I'm tired, should I push myself?

Just curious, thank you!
Depending on whatever your workout routine is, you can set different amounts of reps for each exercise. If you search workout plans, or even put the work into constructing your own, you'll start to get an idea of how many sets you should be doing to start off with, and then slowly build from there or change your routine as it becomes easier. You should push yourself, because that's how you progress, and it's always a good idea to know what an ideal amount of sets/reps is per exercise so that you can set up a goal for yourself 3nodding

Sparkly Lunatic

You should be okay with excercising only 30 minutes a day, but you need to keep your heart rate up the whole time or it won't work (:.

Feral Gekko

8,125 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
I usually just go with how I feel. If I had a rough day, or a bad sleep and I am feeling exhausted, I usually just have a light day. I lower the reps, sometimes I will only do two sets or just one. Or I will simply go for a small walk with the dog, I don't always go for time her, I usually go for distance. I like to a walk a minimum of 5 - 6kms or run a minimum of 3 - 5kms.

Now, I haven't been doing much of anything lately, so I am starting off with lower reps to help get back into the swing. I'm not sure there is actually a set amount of time that is perfect for everyone. Simply because everyone is different and at different levels. I have read in one of my running magazines, that an individual should be active regularly for at least an hour everyday now. Doesn't have to be all at once, can be 20 here, 20 there and the last 40 all at once.
If you want to improve yourself, you have to go above and beyond, if you do half-assed workouts you might aswell not workout at all.

If you are just maintaining you can be easier on yourself.

Partying Prophet

8,500 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Partygoer 500
cardio i usually do 40 minutes straight, then some legs, then 20 minutes more.
thats only talking cardio.
I read somewhere that kids should have 90 minutes of physical activity daily and adults should have 60 minutes of physical activity per day. Also, drinking water can help as well. Drinking water can help flush out your system. It is better than pop and water can make you full.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff