Welcome to Gaia! ::

gold?

yesh 1 100.0% [ 11 ]
Total Votes:[ 11 ]

Sugary Daredevil

Hi, I have been trying to loose weight, but with a mixture of asthma and bad knees I need a workout that wont destroy me any ideas?

thank you smile

Anxious Fairy

Swimming is good on your joints because although it's cardio you aren't putting any weight on them!

For asthma, try not intense work outs. Calmly lift weights? Yoga is pretty relaxing!

Mewling Dabbler

7,950 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
For your asthma, be sure to take your medications as directed by your health professional.

As for workouts, I would start cardio by swimming or using machines such as an elliptical or stepping machine. Lifting weights should not be any issue, but if you do not have any I suggest trying bodyweight exercises. Pilates videos are great for starting out. I also look for cardio videos that are low impact. I recommend Blogilates and fitnessblender on youtube.

Of course the majority of weight loss comes from watching your diet.

Good luck. biggrin

Sugary Daredevil

Staring Berry
Swimming is good on your joints because although it's cardio you aren't putting any weight on them!

For asthma, try not intense work outs. Calmly lift weights? Yoga is pretty relaxing!

thank you and yes, but I barely know anything about lifting weights or yoga. Do you know of any good videos?

Kaitsu-Ralia
For your asthma, be sure to take your medications as directed by your health professional.

As for workouts, I would start cardio by swimming or using machines such as an elliptical or stepping machine. Lifting weights should not be any issue, but if you do not have any I suggest trying bodyweight exercises. Pilates videos are great for starting out. I also look for cardio videos that are low impact. I recommend Blogilates and fitnessblender on youtube.

Of course the majority of weight loss comes from watching your diet.

Good luck. biggrin

Don`t worry Im very attached to breathing so I take my med like I should. I know about blogilaties I love that channel heart

Ill check out fitnessblender though

I didnt know that about dieting, do you know of any good dieting plans? My Husband and I are trying to get healthy he is going to quit smoking and Im going to loose some weight. So if you know of diets to help him too that would be awesome heart
Thank you smile
CaptainDaggers
Hi, I have been trying to loose weight, but with a mixture of asthma and bad knees I need a workout that wont destroy me any ideas?

thank you smile

With my asthma I prefer outdoor activities, fresh air and all that, so cycling has been the thing for me, and getting outdoors should be prefered over something inside anyways.
I've been cycling for a decade now and it doesn't get boring, you put on your music and and go wherever.
I try to cycle without setting a direction, where I went left yesterday, I take a right turn today, and see where I end up.
It takes you to a lot of places where you would have never gone otherwise and it's awesome.

You just should avoid running or jogging, that's obviously very heavy on the joints, cycling is a fluid motion so it's the opposite.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wJtQjQ4HI8 for yoga, which you can do aside.
It's 30 days and only takes 10-20 minutes a day, so no excuse not to do it.

I absolutely hate yoga, I don't see what's relaxing in getting in the most awkward positions but some people love it, can't hurt to try I'd say.

Sugary Daredevil

Miragen
CaptainDaggers

thank you smile

With my asthma I prefer outdoor activities, fresh air and all that, so cycling has been the thing for me, and getting outdoors should be prefered over something inside anyways.
I've been cycling for a decade now and it doesn't get boring, you put on your music and and go wherever.
I try to cycle without setting a direction, where I went left yesterday, I take a right turn today, and see where I end up.
It takes you to a lot of places where you would have never gone otherwise and it's awesome.

You just should avoid running or jogging, that's obviously very heavy on the joints, cycling is a fluid motion so it's the opposite.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wJtQjQ4HI8 for yoga, which you can do aside.
It's 30 days and only takes 10-20 minutes a day, so no excuse not to do it.

I absolutely hate yoga, I don't see what's relaxing in getting in the most awkward positions but some people love it, can't hurt to try I'd say.

Thank you Ill give it a shot later today

Anxious Fairy

CaptainDaggers
Staring Berry

thank you and yes, but I barely know anything about lifting weights or yoga. Do you know of any good videos?

No I usually take a yoga class at the gym. For weights, I just googled it.

Sugary Daredevil

Staring Berry
CaptainDaggers
Staring Berry

No I usually take a yoga class at the gym. For weights, I just googled it.

okie doki

Tipsy Shapeshifter

12,250 Points
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Millionaire 200
Pilates...or yoga(you can find video's on youtube).

Weights are nice(I have a pair of 10lb dumbbells that I'm using in with my bodyweight exorcises until I can afford a gym membership.

Swimming is good if you have access to a pool.

I like dance cardio's that incorporate things like squats. But I feel you on the bad knee thing.
You could probably ask your doctor, and if they say that doing squats is fine then those are nice.
(I personally really like that dark horse dance...I'mma see if I can find the video on youtube.)

EDIT: Link

Burns the thighs so hard though(for me anyway).

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff