How many days does yours last?

Less than 3 0.44827586206897 44.8% [ 13 ]
more than 5 days, but less than 10 0.31034482758621 31.0% [ 9 ]
About a week 0.24137931034483 24.1% [ 7 ]
More than 10 days 0 0.0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes:[ 29 ]
< 1 2

Tipsy Star

My cramps last about 2 weeks, and nothing helps with them. I am prescribed medicine to help with the pain. sweatdrop

Conservative Sex Symbol

HoneyKittens

Do you get cramps?
Yes.

How bad are they for you?
Not that bad.
They aren't constant through out my period. I get a few spikes during the day. I'll take bad spikes over constant. So I guess it's how ya look at it. Ha ha.

What do you do to relieve cramps?
If my cramps get really annoying I take Ibuprofen or Midol, but I try to power through it cuz reasons.

Are there specific foods that make you feel better, physically or emotionally?
I've heard that bananas are good for cramps. My friend eats them all the time during lady week. So I guess those work.
As for myself, I try not to eat a lot when I'm on my period because I already feel super bloated and squishy and I don't want to make it worse by over eating or by eating yucky stuff.

What other things bother you about your periods?
My boobs tend to get sore right before I get my period. That's annoying. Ugh.
Other than that and the extra squishiness in my uterus area, nothin'. I'm lucky with my periods considering the annoyance is at a minimum. Yay.
If I'm on my period , I hate the world and my cramps are a terrible pain. Don't know why. But I take pain medicine and I would take naps and drink hot tea. Hot tea -> yum_tea
My cramps can get to the point I can't move. I also have PCOS though so that increases my pain. To relieve them? I get active or walk around. I haven't really found anything food or drink wise that helps except teas and water,

Luminosus's Wife

Sparkly Cutie-Pie

15,350 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
My cramps are usually only bad the first day of my period, and sometimes the day before.

I just drink a lot of water & green tea, take Tylenol, and use a heating pad if I need it. I try to avoid salty food the whole week leading up to it, if I can, to avoid bloat, but I will allow myself to indulge just a little in a craving if I have it.

Tipsy Prophet

15,625 Points
  • Conquerer of Familiars 350
  • Budding Witch 250
  • Ghost Hunter 250
What do you do to relieve cramps?

It's been a while since I've really had to deal with them, but usually advil, and water.. Or I just curl up into a ball and try to nap/sleep them off.

Do you get cramps?

Not so much since I started the pill.

Are there specific foods that make you feel better, physically or emotionally?

Whatever it is I'm craving. Usually sweet and salty. I've come up with some weird combos. Like licking chocolate, then putting salt on it.

How bad are they for you?

Cravings or cramps? If it's cravings I tend to eat like an overly hormonal stoner. So pretty much everything. Cramps, read the above. But I used to get them to the point where I though I would be sick.

What other things bother you about your periods?

Aside from bleeding? The fact that it feels like someone punched me in the chest. Hard. And the bloating. Oh and don't forget the erratic emotional changes.

High-functioning Lunatic

take your vitamins a week before hand. Don't take Iron--you will die. Take Magnesium.

Take your pills and invest in a electric hot water bottle.
Green tea, ibuprofen, and either a hot water bottle or ice pack depending on what time of year it is. (Hot water bottle in winter; ice pack in summer)

Big Duck

I get cramps in my low back, butt, and sometimes my legs. Depending on how bad it is, I will:
1) change my position
2) stretch or do yoga
3) take a hot shower or bath
4) put a heating pad on the area
5) take advil
6) get a massage
The cramps range from mild to above mild, but I've never had absolutely unbearable cramps. They've been close, but no cigar.
No foods in particular make me feel better or worse.
The thing that bothers me most about my periods is the depression that comes with it. I already have anxiety, so my periods ramp that up too. I'm fairly certain I have PMDD, and when I told my doctor about it, he seemed to understand and agree. Much of the time I feel like I can't control myself or my moods. I usually feel like a different person. It's awful.

Widow

Tipsy Dog

It surprises me how few woman report taking pain pills to relieve cramps, but maybe I'm just a pill poper. I have to work and go to school, I can't take time off because I have some cramps. But my cramps are mediocre at best and I only have bad ones during pms a couple times a year. I do get depressed with my period though. A warm bath always helps.

When I was pretty young, I used to get horrible cramps and I would miss school because it was so painful, even at that point ibuprofen wouldn't help. Then I became a vegetarian and they've been a lot better ever since. I can imagine they'd be even better if I was a vegan. There is a lot of research on this, the hormones they give animals interfere with our hormones. That's why girls are starting there period sooner than they did 10 years ago. Our diet is horrible.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff