Welcome to Gaia! ::

Kindly Giver

I have pancreatitis and I have been eating the BRAT diet for the last two days and finally get to start eating normal food again tomorrow. You have to start introducing foods slowly but what are good meals to have to introduce food back in?

I know about chicken, turkey, mashed potatoes and toast. I want to know things low in fat that I can eat. (:

Wheezing Fatcat

When I had gastroenteritis, I lived for a week on plain toast, Gatorade, pasta (I added butter and grated parmesan cheese after the first three or four days), baked skinless chicken breast and cooked apple and pear slices. I added boiled/mashed potatoes after that, and things like chicken noodle soup. It's really just a trial and error, but you can call your doctor for advice if you're unsure.

Kindly Giver

piparminttukaramelli
When I had gastroenteritis, I lived for a week on plain toast, Gatorade, pasta (I added butter and grated parmesan cheese after the first three or four days), baked skinless chicken breast and cooked apple and pear slices. I added boiled/mashed potatoes after that, and things like chicken noodle soup. It's really just a trial and error, but you can call your doctor for advice if you're unsure.

The doctor is out of the question, she's been no help but that's a long story.

That all sounds good, I have seen that but I can actually eat more stuff. Do you know of anything low in fat?

Wheezing Fatcat

Inorganic Adhesive
piparminttukaramelli

That all sounds good, I have seen that but I can actually eat more stuff. Do you know of anything low in fat?

Most vegetables have no fat, of course. You'll probably want to stick with cooked things first. Peas might be a good choice since they're pretty easy on the stomach. You might try some nonfat Greek yogurt, but I'd avoid the ones with whole pieces of fruit at first. I wish I could remember exactly what I ate when I was getting well... I was in Argentina, though, so the food was a bit different, anyway. I think I ate pumpkin, so you could try squash if you like that.

Kindly Giver

piparminttukaramelli
Inorganic Adhesive
piparminttukaramelli

Most vegetables have no fat, of course. You'll probably want to stick with cooked things first. Peas might be a good choice since they're pretty easy on the stomach. You might try some nonfat Greek yogurt, but I'd avoid the ones with whole pieces of fruit at first. I wish I could remember exactly what I ate when I was getting well... I was in Argentina, though, so the food was a bit different, anyway. I think I ate pumpkin, so you could try squash if you like that.

Thanks. (: I can't eat too much veggies because of IBS but I will figure something out. I was thinking a sandwich might be good. Turkey or chicken bread and maybe a very small but of mayo. I was reading about t and they said little bits of that is okay.

Wheezing Fatcat

Inorganic Adhesive
piparminttukaramelli
Inorganic Adhesive
piparminttukaramelli

Thanks. (: I can't eat too much veggies because of IBS but I will figure something out. I was thinking a sandwich might be good. Turkey or chicken bread and maybe a very small but of mayo. I was reading about t and they said little bits of that is okay.

Lunch meat should be fine. Just make sure it's not flavored with lots of pepper or hot spices. You could probably also have cheese like provolone or Swiss.

Kindly Giver

piparminttukaramelli
Inorganic Adhesive
piparminttukaramelli
Inorganic Adhesive
piparminttukaramelli

Lunch meat should be fine. Just make sure it's not flavored with lots of pepper or hot spices. You could probably also have cheese like provolone or Swiss.

Thanks. I think we just get plain meat. Thank you for your help!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff