Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hellooo~

I am building my own home gym and I need suggestions as to what is the best equipment to have.

So far, I have a treadmill and some resistance bands and a kettlebell. I also have the Insanity workout.

This is what I want to buy:
Barbells
Row machine
Elliptical
Bosu ball
Stationary bike
Punching bag
Weight bench (for my boyfriend)

Is there anything you would add or that you would suggest not purchasing from this list that is not worth the money? I am paying $53 a month for a gym membership that I do not use because I am too busy to go to the gym. I do use my treadmill and my other equipment that I have at home so I would rather invest money into a home gym. Your input is appreciated! smile

Divine Zealot

Personally, I wouldn't go much further than than the stationary bike (I prefer this over a treadmill), and a pull-up bar.

The bike is safe, and if you get a good one, you can do sprints on it. A pull-up can be quite versatile.

charlz's Husband

Lonely Loiterer

11,400 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Loiterer 100
i wouldn't get the bosu ball, stationary bike, punching bag, barbells,row machine
i would stick with the weight bench , all you need is some free weights(dumbbells) as for your cardio just stick to the elliptical alone, this is if you're going for cheap

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff