Welcome to Gaia! ::

I was wondering if anyone else has gone through it, and would like to share experiences.
Lapband, Bypass, Sleeve, whatever.
I am scheduled to have a sleeve done in May.

I personally have never gone through it, but my sister was in nursing school and had to take care of a women who had it done. The hardest part is the not-eating-til-you-are-full part. You have to start off eating little amounts of food or else the band could break.
Anyways, my sister was caring for this patient who had just gotten her lapband surgery. After she regained consciousness, she was, of course, starving. (You have to go NPO, aka: nothing by mouth, for the surgery.) When she was able to eat, she didn't want to hospital food. She wanted fried chicken. So somehow, her husband managed to sneak some friend chicken into her room and she ate and ate and her lapband broke. (There's a popeyes across the street from the hospital, btw.)

I don't know all of the details, but that's a summary of what my sister had told me.

Good luck!~
xiatara
I personally have never gone through it, but my sister was in nursing school and had to take care of a women who had it done. The hardest part is the not-eating-til-you-are-full part. You have to start off eating little amounts of food or else the band could break.
Anyways, my sister was caring for this patient who had just gotten her lapband surgery. After she regained consciousness, she was, of course, starving. (You have to go NPO, aka: nothing by mouth, for the surgery.) When she was able to eat, she didn't want to hospital food. She wanted fried chicken. So somehow, her husband managed to sneak some friend chicken into her room and she ate and ate and her lapband broke. (There's a popeyes across the street from the hospital, btw.)

I don't know all of the details, but that's a summary of what my sister had told me.

Good luck!~

Gosh that's scary.
Luckily I'm pretty good at short-term dieting (i.e doing the necessary liquid diet and what not.)
It's long-term that I have problems with, and thus the surgery.
Thanks!

Versatile Sex Symbol

13,700 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Survivor 150
Mmm. I've heard that it's not guaranteed to work, and then you have digestion issues on top of having to recover from a surgery. I was told this by a doctor who'd had it done, and who was still morbidly obese.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff