Welcome to Gaia! ::

Winner

I'm 5'11 and I want to lost some more weight. I've gained a few pounds recently because I lost the motivation to keep working out and have been eating as I please. I'm okay with my size now, but not completely happy with it. I think I'd be happy at 140-150 lbs or so. Any advice for actual results besides the typical eat right, workout, etc? I really need motivation if anything but I'll take anything right now.

Divine Zealot

hidden radiance
I'm 5'11 and I want to lost some more weight. I've gained a few pounds recently because I lost the motivation to keep working out and have been eating as I please. I'm okay with my size now, but not completely happy with it. I think I'd be happy at 140-150 lbs or so. Any advice for actual results besides the typical eat right, workout, etc? I really need motivation if anything but I'll take anything right now.

Calories are what matters. Experiment with those. For the sake of making sure, use this to determine roughly what you should be eating now, then modify it based on your exercise level. Just remember, these calculators are meant to help with experimentation.
Speaking of exercise, just pick something. Weights, bodyweight stuff, dancing, yoga, or whatever floats your boat. You could pace walk around your room in circles or flail around.
A healthy diet is perhaps something you should find on your own, as we still have vegan vs omnivore arguments here. I prefer something "close" to this. But as I said, find what you like best, or there's going to be an argument going on. razz
Plenty of sleep. 10 hours of downtime should be plenty, especially if you're going to exercise, you may find yourself needing more than 8.
Sun exposure. Helps with Vitamin D. Must be direct light. This may be more difficult now, though. Assuming you're in the northern hemisphere, with autumn, and soon winter approaching, it may mean spending more time outside to get adequate amounts. Or you could just take a supplement for it, I guess.
This should cover a fair bit of it. There really isn't anything special you have to do because of your height. Honestly, anything you see written for a guy to lose weight works for women too, it's just that women typically have lower metabolisms than their male counterparts, so the calorie intake is going to be different.
Weight loss is the same deal for everyone, no matter what your height is. Eat better, stay active. It sounds like if you just go back to the way you were eating, your body will adjust on its own.
The ideal weight for a tall woman varies by height, but you should always measure your ideal weight by your body mass index (BMI) rather than pounds. Calculating your BMI using a BMI calculator will help you figure out what weight is ideal for your height. BMI takes your height and weight into account and assigns you a number. This number will correspond to your status as underweight, normal weight, overweight, or obese.

Being athletic is a huge advantage in weight loss. To achieve weight loss, you need to burn more calories than you consume. Engaging in athletics is a very effective way to burn off extra calories. Women who are athletic tend to have more muscle as well, which is an added benefit for weight loss. Muscle uses more energy than fat, so a muscular body will burn more calories than a non-muscular body.

Tall, athletic women should make the same changes to their diets as women of all other body types. In general, you should eat more fruits, vegetables, whole grains, and lean proteins like fish and chicken breasts. You should always try to stay away from fatty foods and sweets. The former foods have fewer calories and more nutrients, so you can eat more and feel more satisfied. Moreover, tall women need more calories to maintain their weight than shorter women. As a result, they need to consume more calories than shorter women. To calculate what your calorie intake should be, follow this general rule. Figure out what weight you want to be in pounds; then add a zero to it. This number is the amount of calories you should try to stick to in a day. For example, if you would like to be 160 pounds, you should try to consume only 1,600 calories a day. However, you should always discuss your diet plan with your doctor to make sure that it is safe and will not jeopardize your health. You also need to consider any other health concerns before you begin a diet.

The sport that is most effective for losing weight is the sport you do most often. As long as you are active, you are burning calories and losing weight. That said, there are some sports and activities that burn calories better than others. The US News and World Report has a list of 10 sports that are fun and effectively burn calories. If you don't like the treadmill, try one of these instead.
An important caveat to starting a new exercise regimen is to be careful if you have an injury. Some athletes may put on weight because injuries keep them off their feet. When it comes time to be more active again, listen to your doctor's recommendations. It may be best to start with a low impact exercise like walking or swimming before jumping back into your activity of choice.

Tall women can engage in all the same exercises as shorter women. However, they need to be aware of their height when buying and using equipment. If you use gym equipment, use the correct settings for your height. You can injure yourself or make the exercise ineffective if the equipment is not at the proper setting. With protective gear or other equipment for a sport, take the time to find a good fit in order to prevent injuries.
Tall, athletic women should embrace their height and understand that the numbers on the scales do not effectively indicate their weight. If you are a tall athletic woman, you should use a BMI calculator to do that. You should also incorporate fun exercise and a healthy diet to reach the normal weight number on the BMI scale. There are special concerns you need to be aware of if you are one of those tall, athletic women though. Regardless, weight loss is possible just as it is for anyone of any other body shape as long as you apply hard work and perseverance to your weight loss plan.

Man-Hungry Prophet

when i want to lazily lose wait i pretty much just swap out my drinks, since i usually drink juice or soda.
just start drinking regular water, green tea (don't be adding sugar or honey, got it!), or boil some water and mix in cinnamon and honey (i really don't fancy the taste, but it always manages to make me skinnier)
why would you being taller differ how your body reacts compared to short people?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff