Welcome to Gaia! ::

Okay, so I just have a quick question: if I am doing P90x and eating under my maintenance daily will i maintain and/or strengthen muscle while losing fat?

All advice on this would be much appreciated.
Depending on what your recommended calorie carb and sodium intake is for the type of body and the weight you are, you should almost never go under that recommendation. If just trying to lose a few or trying to get toned no diet adjustment aside from healthier eating should be made. If trying to lose lots of weight, then I would suggest getting into the exercise routing along with healthier choices first, then cutting back on nutritional intake slowly. Losing weight too quickly can be an extremely dangerous thing and you canned up more unhealthy physiologically than where you begin.
I feel silly giving advice that you've heard before and not exactly answering your question specifically, but if you wanna make progress just focus on the act of destroying the outer layer of your endurance's.

For cardiovascular do small sprints with rests in between, you want to push your body to its limits, but really i guess you'll be pushing the limit of your willpower and confidence /:

muscular i think it can be guessed well enough, small weight more reps for compact muscles, vice versa for the gun show.

it helps to fuel the fire of your willpower with anger or ambition, something to help you push yourself past your weakness.

Good luck on becoming hot wink

oh and stay hydrated, not too much sugar please! ):
Mabel_rayne

Thank you for your reply! how do I determine my recommended dose of carbs and sodium?
also, I have quite a bit of weight to lose, like, 100+ lbs. When I work out I have a lower appetite and it is harder for me to get as many calories. over the last couple of weeks (since starting p90x) I've been eating anywhere from 1200-2200 cal. typically under 1800 though and a BMR calculator that I used said I need 2075.8. thing is though I feel fine and still have more energy now than when I started working out (which was a big thing why I wanted to start).

Meethen

Thank you for your reply! I only drink water. occasionally juice but at least 2-3 44 oz cups of water daily. also, been around 2 weeks since I've had candy, chips, and most desert items. that also includes anything but a chicken wrap, side salad (no dressing), or parfait from fast food as well.

I want to work on running and whatnot but I attain heatstroke/sunburn really easily and it's too late on my current schedule to avoid the heat right now but I do intend to get in on it as soon as the heat gets cooler or my schedule changes, whichever comes first.
Well the calorie indicator you used is probably correct, if you are substantially energized and not fatigued feeling with less than 1800 calories go for it! I don't recommend going under 1200. Carbs are usually your breads and potatoes. Replace half of the amount of breads or starchy items you eat with veggies or fruits. And sodium.... Salt. Sodium is needed in moderation. The amount that is said to be okay for an adult is 1500 mg of sodium daily. If you stay under that number things should do well.... But I recommend shooting for no more than 1200 mg and no less than 800mg. We need sodium for all physiological processes, yet too much can lead to heart failure among other health problems. Hope it helps! biggrin
you'll lose weight and strengthen your muscles.

i wouldn't eat too much under your daily recommended caloric intake because you can lose muscle mass and you don't want to starve yourself because that can mess up your metabolism system. i find that when people count calories, they tend to fail. it's good to know how much you're eating, because you don't want to over eat but it's more of what you eat then how much you eat. just set a realistic goal like cutting our junk foods and beverages other than tea and water for a month or so.
it can really make a difference on how you look and feel.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff