Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Fanfiction Nymph
I miss his presence and I think he would have been a good addition in several movies, but for the sake of those who did not read the books his character could have been confusing. crying
yea
13Rosey13
The Fanfiction Nymph
I miss his presence and I think he would have been a good addition in several movies, but for the sake of those who did not read the books his character could have been confusing. crying
yea
i think harry potter movies are really good.

Gracious Shopper

It's not just peeves, Remember who it was talking to and comforting Malfoy in the sixth book? Myrtle! but they nixed her out!

And dobby was the one who got the gillyweed to harry in book five, but he didnt show up until the seventh movie!
I really wish they put Peeves in the movies too, just because his character was so amusing to me. But the movies are 2 1/2 hours long already so I guess they tried to just forget about the little details that weren't really necessary. I wouldn't of minded 4 hour movies though, that'd be amazing. emotion_0A0

TracyAnn91 rolled 1 100-sided dice: 40 Total: 40 (1-100)

Maybe because he would have cost to much money in the earlier films and they were too lazy to put him in the newer ones question

Diamond Bear

peeves always annoyed me so i'm kind of glad he was never in the movies.
The movies were horrid, in my opinion. The first two were great, like the person writing knew the books and liked them. After number two it was like the had a director who wanted to "zazz it up". Cut out great character quotes and scenes, yet placed in lengthy action sequences which didn't even occur. I found it annoying. Also, angry Dumbledore rubbed me the wrong way. His character was completely different, and for such an awesome character - it was a lame thing to do.

Friendly Explorer

I know! I always wanted to see him, and although he isn't a main character, I always loved him. And plus, he was remembered enough to be in all the books. He even had the funny little line at the very end of DH...

I do wish that I could have seen him.
He was originally but apparently nobody was happy with how he came out visually, so they cut the scene.

Phantom

Aeon of Forever
I remember him in a video game for PC that I played before reading the books....

I hated him in that game. XDDDDD

Oh my god I totally remember this. He and his cackling were so annoying in the game ahaha

Bashful Entrepreneur

5,550 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Entrepreneur 150
IIRC in the first dvd extra features they said he was cut cause they couldn't get someone to be him.

Hilarious Gaian

2,550 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Wall Street 200
Peeves would've added more of a relatability factor to those who've read the book.

You know, like a "Hey, it's PEEVES!" sort of thing. IMO, that's the only thing the movies lacked.
I miss him!!!!!! I wanted him to drop the chandelier on Umbridge!

Hilarious Gaian

British comic Rik Mayall did actually film scenes as peeves, but they never made the cut sad

Bashful Fairy

6,100 Points
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Tipsy 100
  • Timid 100
I know! He was so funny, and plus, JK Rowling never neglected to put him in there. He even had that bit at the end of the Deathly Hallows, where he was ruining the mood!

If I were the maker of those movies, (And thank the Lord I'm not, but...) I would have included him.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff