Welcome to Gaia! ::

Eternal Sex Symbol

44,250 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
There's a lot of people coming in and saying Glee is like High School Musical. I don't want to explain it every thread, so here is why Glee is not HSM:

1. The only things they have in common are that they are musicals that take place in high school. If you think Glee is HSM for that, then Hairspray and Grease are also HSM.
2. This is debatable, but in my opinion, the singing and acting are FAR better. Seems like everything on Disney Channel has that fake-a** acting.
3. Glee is aimed at an older audience. HSM is for children, Glee is for teens and young adults...
4. ... It's raunchier and has more mature content. HSM doesn't deal with sex or drugs. And HSM certainly wouldn't do this song, and especially not the dance routine. rofl
5. The songs in Glee are usually done in performances and rehearsals, so it's a bit different from most musicals in general in that way.
6. HSM is pretty much all about the two main characters. While Glee also has a ton of focus on one or two characters, other characters still have their backstories and plots. In HSM, other characters don't really have much to them.

(reasons 3 and 4 are the biggest differences between the two ninja )

There could be more reasons, I'll post more when I think of them.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
So agreed <3
I mean, the most important fact is that Glee is much better quality of music than HSM. The people in it are all very talented singers, and also very talented actors.

4,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
marshmallow, you are exactly right.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image
Glee also just remakes popular songs.

HSM makes their own. Not good quality might I add.
HSM is an innacurate depiction of what high school is like. While I wouldn't use Glee to educate children on what to expect in highschool, I think it shows a more accurate depiction of high school cliques and the challenges teens might have with their self esteem or the pressure to be popular.
nah i don't really like hight school musical

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces