Welcome to Gaia! ::

Timid Man-Lover

11,675 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Marathon 300
  • Beta Gaian 0
I saw video of a bunch of people playing on giant floor keyboard. Pretty cool (but they kinda sucked) and they said it was "Don't stop Believing by Glee"

EXCUSE ME?!?!?

Don't Stop Believing was written by JOURNEY! Damn you Glee. You do not get the rights to any piano version of the songs you butcher! YOU SUCK DX

Generous Lunatic

11,400 Points
  • Frozen Solid 200
  • Megathread 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Shouldn't you be mad at the ignorance of the people who were playing on the keyboard instead of the show? I think your argument is lost and perhaps chatterbox might be a better place for you to vent

Timid Man-Lover

11,675 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Marathon 300
  • Beta Gaian 0
This topic was about how glee is ruining songs. It's completely relevant here. This forum section isnt just for people obsessed with Glee

5,350 Points
  • Consumer 100
  • Market Browser 100
  • Dressed Up 200
There are some people I hate in there.

3,300 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Gender Swap 100
scream GLEE RELLY SUCKS

Dapper Gawker

Thaeos
This topic was about how glee is ruining songs. It's completely relevant here. This forum section isnt just for people obsessed with Glee

Actually, the topic you gave was how people are making covers of Glee songs. Covers of covers. And yeah, I understand how you could be annoyed that they used the title, "Don't Stop Believing by Glee," but like it was said earlier. It's the ignorance of the people you should be flipping out about, not the show.

And really, Glee does have a slightly different way that they sing some of the songs. especially their mash-ups. And sometimes, people hear the Glee songs before they hear the original. And I personally like Glee's versions, sometimes more than the original. Sometimes.

I just thought I'd let you know.

Timid Man-Lover

11,675 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Marathon 300
  • Beta Gaian 0
UGotstaLuvMe
Thaeos

Actually, the topic you gave was how people are making covers of Glee songs. Covers of covers. And yeah, I understand how you could be annoyed that they used the title, "Don't Stop Believing by Glee," but like it was said earlier. It's the ignorance of the people you should be flipping out about, not the show.

And really, Glee does have a slightly different way that they sing some of the songs. especially their mash-ups. And sometimes, people hear the Glee songs before they hear the original. And I personally like Glee's versions, sometimes more than the original. Sometimes.

I just thought I'd let you know.

personal opinons I suppose. Not saying I'm right :3

6,200 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
I can understand where you're coming from. It gets annoying to me as well when people recognize songs solely by the fact that they were sung on Glee, but at the same time, it's giving recognition to those original bands or artists who originally produced the songs. Some people will go out and seek the original too, of course.

For the most part though, it does get annoying sometimes. I remember when they covered R.E.M.'s "Losing My Religion" and completely hashed the meaning (and for the record it wasn't exactly a good cover). Being that R.E.M. is one of my favorite bands, I was just disappointed.

Other times, the Glee cast can make covers sound awesome. It's really just hit-or-miss.

Timid Man-Lover

11,675 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Marathon 300
  • Beta Gaian 0
Kavalnir
I can understand where you're coming from. It gets annoying to me as well when people recognize songs solely by the fact that they were sung on Glee, but at the same time, it's giving recognition to those original bands or artists who originally produced the songs. Some people will go out and seek the original too, of course.

For the most part though, it does get annoying sometimes. I remember when they covered R.E.M.'s "Losing My Religion" and completely hashed the meaning (and for the record it wasn't exactly a good cover). Being that R.E.M. is one of my favorite bands, I was just disappointed.

Other times, the Glee cast can make covers sound awesome. It's really just hit-or-miss.

I loved bad Romance. I hated poker Face.

3,500 Points
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
i dont wach glee i personaly think its stupid but tholt i would check out forums i am shur people will get kindof mad or some myt just not give a crap eather way i think i have made this a litlle bit to long now laters

8,250 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
Mr 4555553
i dont wach glee i personaly think its stupid but tholt i would check out forums i am shur people will get kindof mad or some myt just not give a crap eather way i think i have made this a litlle bit to long now laters

I hate it more when people butcher the english language than when they butcher a song cover.

6,200 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Thaeos
Kavalnir

I loved bad Romance. I hated poker Face.

Exactly. Sometimes they just don't do a good job, perhaps because it was off or because the original is just too good to be imitated.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff