Because it invented the FPS genre.

This be not a place for casual visits!
Damnable ignorance lad!
Hath thou not heard of the Doom?

3,250 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Dressed Up 200
It's not, The Guido who play it just make it out to be.

Conservative Voter

Nexus Avery
Halo's cool.I just like Gears Of War better.
After Dom died I pretty much lost it. He was my favorite character and GoW lost me after his death.

Conservative Voter

Emedri

Why don't you think it is a great game?

3,250 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Dressed Up 200
Scension
Emedri

Why don't you think it is a great game?

Because I'm not Guido.

Also a big reason I don't play it is that I sold my 360.

a smaller reason is its crap community.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Desirable Player

5,850 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
Because the Halo franchise has great multiplayer and also is one of the few series that still do split screen full story co-op. I have a tradition with my close friends and that is playing split screen halo co-op and have been doing it since the first halo, and really soon halo 4. <3

Eloquent Streaker

I'd give it credit simply for being one of the only shooters around today that still puts as much effort into the story of the games and their campaign as they did back in 2001. Most FPS games simply create the multiplayer and then throw together a six-hour campaign as an afterthought; Bungie/343 Studios has consistently put as much effort into the campaign as they have the multiplayer.

Plus even when I grow absolutely sick of the series after each game, they still managed to pull something out that intrigues me enough to come back and play the next title.
It was fun and it wasn't one of the "ultra realistic hardcore 360 noscope wall bang your mamas fat p***y" games.

Anxious Hunter

7,150 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Guildmember 100
I still find it entertaining. As much as Reach pissed me off during the campaign, I still find myself coming back to the multiplayer and enjoying myself.

Dapper Dabbler

7,950 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Flatterer 200
halo ce was an awesome experience
halo 2 was fun
halo 3 was mediocre

everything past that was entirely unnecessary
halo 4 is unnecessary
if they milk this any harder they may as well hand the franchise over to squeenix

Conservative Voter

Metroid Dread
halo ce was an awesome experience
halo 2 was fun
halo 3 was mediocre

everything past that was entirely unnecessary
halo 4 is unnecessary
if they milk this any harder they may as well hand the franchise over to squeenix
Personally, Halo 2 was my favorite. Being able to be the Arbiter was a cool experience. But it seems to me that every Halo game with MC in it starts either being boarded by Covenant in space or in an unknown jungle. Halo 3 was pretty fun. Killing off major characters was a bit of a let down, though it was pretty obvious the Oracle was going to betray them at the end.

Halo 4 is going to be great. They have weekly Spartan Ops missions so you don't have to play the same thing over again. Also, the multiplayer will be largely intertwined with the storyline. Which his also great. Plus sprint is now default.

Shameless Exhibitionist

8,750 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
the reason halo is awesome is because the story makes sense, you can feel for john and cortanaand yes while playing if you're in a situation you feel helpless you don't feel like JOHN is helpless, YOU the player are helpless, not unlike fighting vile in megaman X on the SNES. the weapon designs and functions, the abilities, the PAA(powered assualt armor) designs the technology, it probably helps that cortana is hot as hell, and the FLOOD i mean COME ON! the flood was like the scariest thing in gaming history, even deadspace's necromorphs can't compare to the flood.am i right?

that's why halo is so awesome.

Conservative Voter

damagedalice
the reason halo is awesome is because the story makes sense, you can feel for john and cortanaand yes while playing if you're in a situation you feel helpless you don't feel like JOHN is helpless, YOU the player are helpless, not unlike fighting vile in megaman X on the SNES. the weapon designs and functions, the abilities, the PAA(powered assualt armor) designs the technology, it probably helps that cortana is hot as hell, and the FLOOD i mean COME ON! the flood was like the scariest thing in gaming history, even deadspace's necromorphs can't compare to the flood.am i right?

I was actually surprised of how many people were upset that the Flood weren't going to be in H4. And the story line is great; but making sense? Not completely. The forerunners and the humans fought and the humans were completely annihilated so the Forerunners recreated the human race. It sounds simple when I say it but it's way more complicated than that. It doesn't completely make sense. But I'm like the greatest Halo fan of all time. Halo CE came out on my birthday. But the storyline is sort of confusing.

Shameless Exhibitionist

8,750 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Scension
damagedalice
the reason halo is awesome is because the story makes sense, you can feel for john and cortana and yes while playing if you're in a situation you feel helpless you don't feel like JOHN is helpless, YOU the player are helpless, not unlike fighting vile in megaman X on the SNES. the weapon designs and functions, the abilities, the PAA(powered assualt armor) designs the technology, it probably helps that cortana is hot as hell, and the FLOOD i mean COME ON! the flood was like the scariest thing in gaming history, even deadspace's necromorphs can't compare to the flood.am i right?

I was actually surprised of how many people were upset that the Flood weren't going to be in H4. And the story line is great; but making sense? Not completely. The forerunners and the humans fought and the humans were completely annihilated so the Forerunners recreated the human race. It sounds simple when I say it but it's way more complicated than that. It doesn't completely make sense. But I'm like the greatest Halo fan of all time. Halo CE came out on my birthday. But the storyline is sort of confusing.
forerunners and humans never fought. not to my knowledge. the libriarian cataloged all humans before fireing the rings, the forerunners and humans may or may not be the same species. i dunno, i'm kinda sad the flood won't be in H4, but these new baddies look REALLY promising. so y'know let's hope they are. and the new weapons look fun, also i love they confirmed my favorite covie guns. ((needler and beam rifle))

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff