Welcome to Gaia! ::

Kawaii Shoujo

I think it's a good thing considering that there were some games that I never played when they were out, due to lack of the console, and because of the Remastered games consumers can play the ones they missed... it sometimes includes new things too. emotion_yatta
First off, It's also for people who haven't had the chance to play it before. Especially when they only ever had one console over the other which could have been because of personal bias but I won't get into that.

Of course there isn't a huge difference in graphics in these games. It's a 'remaster' not a 'remake'. However, there is a huge difference in Tomb Raider on Next-Gen because it wasn't as great looking as the Last Of Us on PS3 so there was a lot to change graphically with Tomb Raider.

Most HD Collections aren't exactly HD though. There's only a select few that were actually given High-Definition. Devil May Cry and some of the old Resident Evil games weren't exactly HD-Fied. Go and watch some comparison videos from PS2, PS3 and Xbox 360 etc. on HD Collections

Mewling Genius

8,800 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Timid 100
  • Generous 100
Remastered as a way of porting to a newer system doesn't tend to bug me outside of the inflated costs. Nostalgia shouldn't be super expensive.
I was really happy when i got my PS3 a couple years ago and found out i could pick up digital copies of old Final Fantasy titles for $10 or so. Having had to replace a physical copy before at $70, it seemed like a blessing.
I really like being able to pick up the collections a few months to a year after release at half the cost.
As it's been mentioned before, backwards compatibility is melting into the past. It's nice to see that some things aren't just disappearing with it.
GSK Lives
Red Bear Ruskie
That question is fundamentally flawed, goy.
Just don't think about it.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Without Jews to blame, I wonder what you nazi muffins would have to think or talk about...

Gypsies
Red Bear Ruskie
GSK Lives
Red Bear Ruskie

Without Jews to blame, I wonder what you nazi muffins would have to think or talk about...

Gypsies

Talk about picking on the smallest kids at the table.
GSK Lives
Red Bear Ruskie
GSK Lives
Red Bear Ruskie

Gypsies

Talk about picking on the smallest kids at the table.

Only the strongest survive, and the weak must fight for their place.
It is the natural law of things.

Dangerous Giver

9,450 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Generous 100
  • Cart Raider 100
Fated raison detre
OP, you're seriously blind to it?
The Remasters are so that people who didn't own the previous Gen can play its games on the new system. For example, TLOU was PS3 Exclusive, and it's widely known that many PS4 users were ex-360 owners, and didn't get to play it. Now they can.

And people who had neither can play. If you already played the game, guess what? You're not the target audience.

This is especially true in the Third World. Not everyone has a console/PC.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff