Bertrand (Protector) 0.19047619047619 19.0% [ 4 ]
Chloe (War Magus) 0.33333333333333 33.3% [ 7 ]
Total Votes:[ 21 ]
< 1 2 3 4 >

Kawaii Pyromaniac

Bump for new PV.

(Also updated in first post.)

My worst fears are confirmed. The Grimoire Stones are back. emotion_donotwant
I think this new chef person is some kind of guild master again? It also looks like you can actually do something to the town this time around.
At least they brought in the restructured skill trees from the first remake. Can't wait to play with the Gunner class again.

Mega Fatcat

12,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Elocutionist 200
The guild theme sounds glorious, can't say too much about the boss theme though, it just doesn't sound epic enough.

I'm not too concerned about the grimore system, my only complaints with it were how much you get, and little you actually used, and how long of a process it was to actually equip them. Hopefully this game addresses this issue, I had a lot of fun taking out Primeval with my Troub with LV.10 CPR. In short, I thought it was a good concept in theory, just badly implemented.

I also didn't appreciate having to rig the RNG to get the boss grimores, something has to change there as well, or alternatively not change at all (in terms of how relatively it was to RNG abuse), as fighting the same boss over and over (without RNG abuse) is not fun at all.

Looks like they expanded the cooking system quite a lot, which seems nice. I wasn't much of a fan of it in Untold, as it was randomly upgraded, and for the most part, had little impact. In fact, I seem to remember only using it once to get an edge against Nightmare mode Primeval.

And I hope I don't have to Retire my LV. 70 unit, get the new one to LV. 71, Retire, get the next unit to LV. 72, Retire, and so forth. Getting EXP from F.O.Es or not, I care little about, and getting EXP from quests is almost guaranteed this time, but if not, no problem.

Kawaii Pyromaniac

The Lolwut Pear
The Grimoire Stone system this time around looks a bit different this time around; maybe a new way to fuse/obtain skills? I am so looking forward to making another King Grimoire. /sarcasm

As long as the Elderevenge (or equivalent version) returns, I don't care how the cooking system turns out. Between that and the Highlander's Turning Tide, I could stay in the labyrinth for days, if not for the inventory limit. I never bothered with the other two guildkeeper's abilities.

If the first Untold is any indication, you'll have to kill the elemental dragons to raise the level cap again. That and EXP from FOEs and quests.

Kawaii Pyromaniac

Added the latest two character introductions. I feel like I've heard Chloe's CV somewhere before, but I can't place it. All that's left is the titular Knight; I'm really curious to see how his transformation works (and I suspect that it's his Force skill).

Also, I've been seeing rumors that Flavio might be a Sniper (EOIV) and not a Survivalist (EOII). Not that I mind; I did like the Sniper class a bit more that the Survivalist. The only thing is that the equipment types are the same, and it'd be silly to have another story-exclusive class that's pretty close to an existing one.

Kawaii Pyromaniac

Where to begin on the new features? This one looks to be better than the first Untold.

There seems to be some kind of town-building feature added, and it looks like you don't have to solely rely on wandering around the labyrinth for money. I wonder if it's a feature because Arianna is the daughter of the Duke.
Edit: Now that I can actually see the first video on a computer screen and not my phone, it looks like it's an extension of the cuisine section from the second video, or at least part of it is.

I like the idea of eating the monsters to a degree (and it looks like it replaces the Guild Masters' roles from the first one), but some of those dishes look a little suspect. I don't want to be eating killer moth if it looks like a killer moth.
Edit 2: And again. as above being able to actually see anything, it looks like not only are there normal monster/gather point items (with the normal bag icon), but there are cuisine items as well. All together, it looks like an extended version of the food system from EOIV. I hope food items have there own separate bag or are somehow counted separately; filling up a 60 item bag with both kinds of drops would hamper labyrinth exploration considerably.

I think I might like the updated Grimoire system. It looks like not only can you control how you get one, but you can actually make what you want when you get it instead of getting random junk.
Also hooray Scatter About is back, but then again, like there was any doubt it wasn't going to make it in.
Edit 3: I wish I knew what all that extra data in the bestiary was about. Also, at 0:46, one character (I think the KoF) has over 1000 HP/TP. surprised

Kawaii Pyromaniac

I'll get around to updating the front page later, but holy ******** Highlander class is back. I don't care if it's DLC, Imma get it immediately.

Oh, and the Prince/Princess class is also available as generic units in Classic Mode, but pfft.

Kawaii Pyromaniac

There's nothing new this week other than the Knight's introduction, and even then it only confirms my initial inclination that the transformation would be his Force ability. I really hope that bit when he first transforms is limited to that scene; that screaming/grunting could get pretty old after a while.

But now I'm hoping for more info on the Highlander generics. I really hope they keep the same skill tree from EOU; I do want to know what their Force ability will be.

Kawaii Pyromaniac

It doesn't look like there's anything new this week, but I found this article which goes more in depth with the KoF's intro last week. It looks like they're tying this to the first game (mention of the Midgard Library and so on) and possibly the fourth as well.

Kawaii Pyromaniac

We get nothing for three weeks, and then THIS.

I think I came a little.
Most of it has already shown up in the PVs and character intros, but not in any kind of coherent order. Also, it finally occurs to me that it's Artelind and Wilhelm at 1:21 (and then the same fight scene from the first PV but actually clearer).

Mega Fatcat

12,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Elocutionist 200
Hmm, to import when the day it comes out in Japan, or wait until it comes to NA?

My impression of Story Mode from the PVs released: FROLIC FROLIC FROLIC, FALLING LEAVES/PETALS, FROLICKING, -intense fighting scene here- and the Princess holding hands with a male and other tedious hetronormal JRPG cliches to follow.

Don't get me wrong, this is single handedly THE game I am pumped about, but Story Mode seems even worse than the first one, IMO. At least Untold II will have 1,000,000,000,000x better stratums to move along, from what I've seen so far, the ugh inducing cast.
I know I said before, but I'd be completely cool with the concept of Story Mode being optional, unlike the first one, where you NEED to complete it before Classic if you wanted 100% completion. If not, I imagine my disappointment will be present, but not game breaking.

Still waiting for more music

And on a final note: Is the Princess, who in turn, conveniently seems purple inclined, becoming the new fully bound Muckdile of the plot? She better have a skill set to reflect this. mad

Kawaii Pyromaniac

The Lolwut Pear
I'm actually hyped for story mode, I just don't quite like the party composition this time around. I'm a little perturbed by the lack of elemental damage, and if only Arianna has about the same skill tree from EO3, then she'll be the only one able to pass it out outside of Grimoire Stones.
And unless she gets some unique skills/a different skill tree, the only thing she'll going for her in classic mode is a unique portrait since Prince/Princess was added as a generic unit. And Highlander as a DLC generic, which I am far more excited about. I can rebuild the party from EOU1 with (probably) altered skill trees.
And the knight seriously looked like Logre at the end, just with different hair.

And since you have far more knowledge of EO2 than I do, what are the monsters at 1:37 (the one the transformed knight charges at) and at 1:53? I know the giant blue multi-armed thing is Briareus, but I actually only know that by accident and by one of the comments.

Mega Fatcat

12,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Elocutionist 200
La Dame Lut

If they took a page from the Gunner Class in Untold in comparison to what it was in II, I'm almost certain that the Princess will have added abilities, and there surely has to be more options added to elemental damage, afterall in the original II at least, pretty much 70% of the conditional drops revolved around beating units with a certain element.
What I'm concerned about however, is if the three Dragon's requirements stay the same, and there is no Hexer's Weakness ability to make it possible. Just to refresh, it called for beating the elemental Dragons with their own elements, which they were strongly resistant to, WHILE they rained hell upon one's group, and even had the ability to 2HKO any group, at any strength at any time. The Hexer made this more possible with their abilities which made an enemy's strength become his weakness. However given Untold's general toning down on ridiculous elements, and making things more manageable, I don't see them doing something like that, there has to be more access to elemental damage.

The enemy in the video was the final form of the Overlord, who is in fact the final boss of the main game.

Kawaii Pyromaniac

The Lolwut Pear
I found it easier to use Ricky's elemental shots rather than Arthur's formulas when going for same type elemental drops, since it still has the Stab type added. Though I did end up using a Formaldehyde on the Blizzard King the third time around (though it was more for the scale and not its conditional drop).

I thought that's what it was. For some reason I kept thinking Warped Savior, but that's the true final boss of EO4.
What about the other one, then? I keep thinking it's the Scylla, but the sprite doesn't show the human part hanging upside down like that (EDIT: Though now it occurs to me that it's some kind of girl/spider hybrid clinging to the ceiling). Perhaps just a regular monster/FOE?

I can't count how many times I've watched the opening movie now. Partly because I keep getting myself excited over it and partly because the song is really starting to grow on me, which probably won't make it into the English version. I've also noticed that unlike the EOU opening, it doesn't really feature any NPCs other than the new chef, that princess from behind, and Guild Esbat.
Crazy theory time! I think the protagonist's transformation is a result of the Overlord experimenting on him, and so far he's the only person to actually survive the experiments intact (albeit with some sort of demonic power).

Kawaii Pyromaniac

It looks like unless Atlus does something unexpected in the next (less than a) week, we've gotten all the information we're going to get before launch next Thursday.
There is apparently is this livestream they're planning for Monday (11/24), which might reveal something new (along with the possibility of a major announcement [I really hope it's English localization]). I really wish I didn't have to work that night.

Kawaii Pyromaniac

And WOW what an announcement from the livestream!

Etrian Odyssey 5 announcement

Etrian Odyssey: Mystery Dungeon* announcement

*I have no idea what the actual title is; it just fits.

I don't really have any time to actually analyze any of this at the moment, unfortunately.
I'm thinking of closing this thread soon and opening a general EO thread in the near future.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff