Welcome to Gaia! ::

Desirable Hunter

Okay well first I have a few questions 1.
would anyone like to be like super awesome and if they have gta V digital downloads or any game digital they would mind sharing with me since you can pass it to 2 other consoles smile

2. What are the benefits of the ps plus thing? im stuck between getting the subscription or not o3o..

3. is Destiny worth it? I've heard good and bad e.e..

4. Currently got Fifa 14, Assassin's Creed Unity, NFS Rivals any suggestions on what game to get next :3?

5. Any tips I might not know about the ps4 that would help biggrin ? thanks :3

Diamond Lunatic

11,300 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Sharakel

PS+ is required to do some online things. I know it's required for Raids in Destiny. Game manuals/google searching will let you know what other games might require plus for online stuff.

Destiny being worth it depends on whether you like a few things. 1: FPS/shooter games and 2: MMOs. And paying for expansions (everyone is calling it DLC but it's not... it's the continuation of the story kind of like Walking Dead episodes).

If you like racing games maybe look at Drive Club? Idk. Depends on what you like to play. (secret Assassin's Creed hi-five tho ******** yeah man)

Also with PS+ you get 'free' games every month for PS4 and Vita. You also get storage to the cloud and can access your cloud on other PS4s (load saves at a friend's house, character profiles etc).
dinom33p
Sharakel

PS+ is required to do some online things. I know it's required for Raids in Destiny. Game manuals/google searching will let you know what other games might require plus for online stuff.

Destiny being worth it depends on whether you like a few things. 1: FPS/shooter games and 2: MMOs. And paying for expansions (everyone is calling it DLC but it's not... it's the continuation of the story kind of like Walking Dead episodes).

If you like racing games maybe look at Drive Club? Idk. Depends on what you like to play. (secret Assassin's Creed hi-five tho ******** yeah man)

Also with PS+ you get 'free' games every month for PS4 and Vita. You also get storage to the cloud and can access your cloud on other PS4s (load saves at a friend's house, character profiles etc).

My word. Do you call this a meal? The chef who made this is a pizza burn on the roof of the entire world's mouth. I agree with whomever called it disgusting. A very apt judgement, that was.

Desirable Hunter

dinom33p
Sharakel

high five biggrin and ughh well I currently got the NFS Rivals but not much into racing games hehe :p I just really wanted to know the benefits of the ps plus thingy u.u.. do you have it?

Diamond Lunatic

11,300 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Sharakel

Yeah, I have PS+. I do the 3 month renewing subscription because that's what I can afford. I think it's like 15 bucks for 3 months? Anyway. I need it for Final Fantasy 14, because it's an MMO that requires online play. I've also got it for doing online stuff in Unity. I also casually stream my gameplay (not sure if plus is required for that actually). Other than that... use it for co-op on stuff mostly, and to grab the free game. Sometimes there's really great stuff that they offer. November was Binding of Isaac: Rebirth, so I snagged that for free. Once, they had Borderlands 2 for free, so I nabbed that on the PS3 back when that was a thing.

I'm not really too sure if plus is required for multiplayer of games like CoD or Battlefield Yeah you do need it for online multiplayer for CoD and Battlefield.

Uhhhh.... Other than that there's PS+ exclusive demos and freebs that happen sometimes too. There was a Drive Club demo that was PS+ exclusive or something. There are also monthly discounts, and I believe the streaming service requires PS+ (but is also pay by game/hourly fee?) I don't know because I can't stream games to my console with my shoddy internet.

Desirable Hunter

dinom33p
Sharakel

Yeah, I have PS+. I do the 3 month renewing subscription because that's what I can afford. I think it's like 15 bucks for 3 months? Anyway. I need it for Final Fantasy 14, because it's an MMO that requires online play. I've also got it for doing online stuff in Unity. I also casually stream my gameplay (not sure if plus is required for that actually). Other than that... use it for co-op on stuff mostly, and to grab the free game. Sometimes there's really great stuff that they offer. November was Binding of Isaac: Rebirth, so I snagged that for free. Once, they had Borderlands 2 for free, so I nabbed that on the PS3 back when that was a thing.

I'm not really too sure if plus is required for multiplayer of games like CoD or Battlefield Yeah you do need it for online multiplayer for CoD and Battlefield.

Uhhhh.... Other than that there's PS+ exclusive demos and freebs that happen sometimes too. There was a Drive Club demo that was PS+ exclusive or something. There are also monthly discounts, and I believe the streaming service requires PS+ (but is also pay by game/hourly fee?) I don't know because I can't stream games to my console with my shoddy internet.

what would you say about digital downloads is that better than getting the disc or what :3?

Diamond Lunatic

11,300 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Sharakel

I personally don't do digital downloads if I can't help it. For games that I buy that are like big releases and stuff, if they're available on disc, I go buy the disc. If I don't like the game, I can return the disc for full or partial refund. You can't return digital downloads for anything. All you can do is delete the download, and dang there goes however much you spent on it. That's the trade-off for digital download. However, it is p cool that you can get them on the day of release or sometimes earlier with digital. I'd only do it for games I was sure I was gonna like and play (had demo'd elsewhere or was just obsessed with).

Another reason why I buy disc games is because I'm a Gamestop member with Powerup Pro so I get rewards for the money I spend there. Discounts, cheaper used games, bundles, etc. That stuff depends on your dealer and local stores though, and country.

I really only do digital downloads for the free games I get through PS+ or for PS "arcade" games. A lot of indie games available are only online so I just suck it up and buy them. So far haven't been very unhappy with anything I've spent money on in the PS store.

If you go and buy disc games don't get the "warranty." Well unless you have kids or little gremlins in the house or something. You can't ******** up a Blu-Ray unless you TRY to ******** up a blu-ray, so getting the scratch protection stuff is really gimmicky and a waste of your money (esp since you're already spending around 70 bucks on the disc).

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff