Thanks for reading.

Nostalgic Spirit

78,300 Points
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
  • Old World Deity 500
JapanUnderground

I understand what you're saying.
But, the whole point of what I'm saying is to kinda not hear the type of thing you're talking about right now.
The "tip for alchemy" was really a tip, but a mental note.
It wasn't meant to be taken so literally.
I was just using the example of the Golden Giftbox to get a point stiring along and the amount of work you would have to do to get one.
Overall, you going have to get back into the site to do just about anything for all these formulas.
Not, just Golden Giftboxes.
Heck, if you wanted, you could make boxes and just sell them to people whole may want them.
That's vending.

But that's vending. Not alchemy. It's not true to say that you have to get back into all aspects of the site to alchemize "all" of the formulas. Most formulas don't require flowers for instance. I understand you're trying to pep people back into using all of Gaia but most people have fallen into their niches within Gaia for a reason, and it's a bit of an over generalization to promote Alchemy as something you can do if you just get into the site more. Collecting B Credits wont make sharksblood or any other of the non-existent components appear.

Quote:
<example> THAT is a result and example of the work I'm talking about.
You make the best of what you can do now.

That was an example of vending, again, and not of progressing in the alchemy system. You didn't get the item you needed to continue doing alchemy, nor did you serve to help anyone elses alchemy needs. You could have BootyGrabbed and gotten that gold a lot easier if your main goal was just to make gold.

Quote:
You want, but you have to strive.
You're not always gonna get what you want.

This is true, but if you give up and sink into satisfaction with a broken system, the changes needed to fix it wont come about. Squeaky wheel is the one that gets the oil.

Quote:
Like I said before: "Alchemy is just a hint that tells you to get back into the site for something new and interesting at your own cost. Stop expecting to succeed all the time, because the concept here is to lose and you MIGHT gain. This isn't guranteed."

Are you advising people to enjoy futility? I'm not sure I understand. People want to work at things that show they have progressed. Not to toil at things that get them no where. Like I said, there's nothing wrong with a little hard work, but currently what you invest doesn't provide even an equal return. Participating in a system anticipating that you'll enjoy your own failure is a tad masochistic.

Quote:
This just came out and like all things, there are those who will do what they can for quick gold by using the fact that this just came out and people don't have much knowlegde on it.
It's nothing new at all, but it shouldn't effect you (not you as a person, but you in general) heavily to the point of saying something like this is way too much.

You're assuming everyone who is disheartened is simply disheartened because they're out to make a quick buck. It's not that people are giving up on the system because it's both challenging and unrewarding, it's because it is currently impossible for the average Gaian to attempt it. If I throw a nugget of gold into a crowd of about 1000, it doesn't make sense to chastise those people on the fringe of the crowd for giving up hope of ever getting a gold nugget because it's not for lack of want or of effort, but for lack of availability of resource.

Quote:
Things like that are a problem with the people.
The PEOPLE set these prices and make it hard for you, not Alchemy.

Gaia determines availability which in turn effects the setting of the prices. Anyone who prices a single daisy at 1 mill would be a fool. He wont get that much because he has competition from other venders which in turn lowers the prices if he wants to make a sale. If he's the only guy selling daisies though, of course he's going to jack up the price. Gaia which created the Alchemy system and releases the ingredients are the ones making it hard for Alchemists by keeping drop rates limited.

Quote:
That shouldn't stop you from having the fun you came here to have.

This is true. Despite the flaws, one shouldn't stop trying to use it. It should see use. However, instead of advising people to just suck it up, take the hint, and go back to using the whole site, maybe you should encourage more activism on people's part to fix alchemy. It should be as much a cared for part of Gaia as BG, or zOMG, or the Marketplace, or the Forums. Not a road sign to turn people back to other parts of Gaia and away from Alchemy, or something they just have to deal with because they brought it on themselves.

Quote:
And, if you're NOT here for the fun of it, impatient, can't understand you have to wait and sacrifice, even if you do think it's way too much, then, it's NOT the people's faults.
You have already created a problem of your own, way before the people have.

It's not just a mental roadblock however, there are actual limitations to alchemy. It isn't a problem either to find no value in a system that doesn't reward its use.

O.G. Gaian

26,090 Points
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Survivor 150
I agreee, people really forget what this is about. I like that they are trying to get older stuff back into Gaia.

Unbeatable Genius

8,950 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Megathread 100
Prusset

Quote:
But that's vending. Not alchemy. It's not true to say that you have to get back into all aspects of the site to alchemize "all" of the formulas. Most formulas don't require flowers for instance. I understand you're trying to pep people back into using all of Gaia but most people have fallen into their niches within Gaia for a reason, and it's a bit of an over generalization to promote Alchemy as something you can do if you just get into the site more. Collecting B Credits wont make sharksblood or any other of the non-existent components appear.

Quote:
That was an example of vending, again, and not of progressing in the alchemy system. You didn't get the item you needed to continue doing alchemy, nor did you serve to help anyone elses alchemy needs. You could have BootyGrabbed and gotten that gold a lot easier if your main goal was just to make gold.

You're right. It's not Achemy at all. Vending is vending. If you can USE that concept to help you out with Alchemy, then that would be nice. You're not gonna always gonna use the concept of Alchemy to do alchemy. You have to go outside of it sometimes. Vending is just ONE of the many ways you can take to provide yourself with gold, if you knew how to or want to get into doing that to help you out. I'm not saying use EVERY aspect of the site. But, you will get into at LEAST one, I gurantee. You gotta make gold somehow and you WILL need it to do this. I'm not saying "Hey! Go vend! Because vending gets gold you can use!". I'm more along of the lines of saying "Hey. If you're interested or already know how to do it, vending is a way to help you with gold, if you wanna take that option?". As for the Booty Grab thing and getting gold easier, that's fine if you can. You want your fast gold and you're good at it, go do it. But, not everyone might not be into or can Booty Grab at the moment. Just like everyone might not be into or can't vend. But, just like you suggested the option of saying someone can Booty Grab to get fast gold, is the same as I was doing with vending. That's all it was was me using what CAN be done now, to help you out later. That's all I was doing, and what you did, was simply throwing out suggestions and options. Collecting things like B credit won't make things appear. But it will in turn help you out with something. Sell it, trade, give it to someone else because they might need it, help out a friend, or who knows? It might be in other formulas that you have to wait for or don't even know the components for in the first place.

Quote:
This is true, but if you give up and sink into satisfaction with a broken system, the changes needed to fix it wont come about. Squeaky wheel is the one that gets the oil.

And, that's true, too. That's why Gaia has suggestion threads so you can go about talking to them with those kinds of things there. Realizing that you wanna do something that is gonna minus you in the end in something like this, isn't you "sinking into the satisfaction of a broken system". If you wanna do it and you have come to the terms of doing it, why should that even matter? Using you as an example, no offence, you know what's in store if you gonna be in a system that's so "broken". These things can be fixed later or we can be given other or newer means to going about it in the future. This hasn't even been out long. A squeaky wheel isn't always gonna get the oil it wants, if the person suppling oil doesn't catch it. Gaia isn't perfect and isn't gonna realize this off the back. It's just something for us to do. Dogs bark even over the smallest things, but it doesn't have to be over something threating though or isn't always a big deal.

Quote:
Are you advising people to enjoy futility? I'm not sure I understand. People want to work at things that show they have progressed. Not to toil at things that get them no where. Like I said, there's nothing wrong with a little hard work, but currently what you invest doesn't provide even an equal return. Participating in a system anticipating that you'll enjoy your own failure is a tad masochistic.

People do like to see what they work for come to light. But, it's not always gonna be that way. You wouldn't know if anything got you anywhere if you didn't try. And, what people think of the final result isn't always gonna be the same even if they did do the same things. One person could be thinking "I put so much into this and this isn't even NEARLY close to what I was expecting to get and got barely anything", while someone could be thinging "Whoo! Look at this... I know it took a lot and I didn't get much, but I'm proud I can do it and did it. That's the result of all my effeort, right there." It's not that it "gets you anywhere", if you're gonna do it or you're already in the progress of doing so. I know everyone doesn't think the same, but it's what you think of it in the end. Some people may not have gotten anywhere, but someone else may have, even with doing the same thing you did. Every "loss" isn't a loss to everyone.

Quote:
You're assuming everyone who is disheartened is simply disheartened because they're out to make a quick buck. It's not that people are giving up on the system because it's both challenging and unrewarding, it's because it is currently impossible for the average Gaian to attempt it. If I throw a nugget of gold into a crowd of about 1000, it doesn't make sense to chastise those people on the fringe of the crowd for giving up hope of ever getting a gold nugget because it's not for lack of want or of effort, but for lack of availability of resource.

In any way or form did I mean or mention anything about anyone being "disheartened". And, if YOU'RE assuming, I'm not going assume you are, that you're assuming I mean that just because people wanna make a "quick buck" that there is something wrong with that, then I don't know what to say on that. When I said "...there are those who will do what they can for quick gold by using the fact that this just came out and people don't have much knowlegde on it." that only was mean for those in which it will apply not that I was assuming anything unjust about it or them. There is nothing negative in that statement. People do want a quick buck sometimes. Sometimes, I sell things on the marketplace at the lowest price to get a quick buck. So, what's disheartened about that, if I got what I wanted and someone got a good deal? And, even if were to throw gold nugget in a big crowd, whose to say everyone will go for it? Let the fact that that are a lot of people there stop you from even going for it, if you are. You're gonna look silly, if no one went for it in the first place and you left it behind for someone else to scoop up, when you know you wanted it. Some people might just not want that. There are other things that shine in others eyes way bigger than gold whether there is enough of it or not. I said before, I wasn't saying that people should give up. You wanna give up, that's on you. But, for those who do wanna keep their head in the game, have at it.

Quote:
Gaia determines availability which in turn effects the setting of the prices. Anyone who prices a single daisy at 1 mill would be a fool. He wont get that much because he has competition from other venders which in turn lowers the prices if he wants to make a sale. If he's the only guy selling daisies though, of course he's going to jack up the price. Gaia which created the Alchemy system and releases the ingredients are the ones making it hard for Alchemists by keeping drop rates limited.

What is that saying other than the fact Gaia just provides? In turn and truth, Gaia does put it out there, but YOU make it happen. Gaia wouldn't be anything if there was no one here. If they continued to make things even if no one was here, none of that would be a problem, until someone came here and made a problem out of it or thought of it as one. These are people just like us, who I'm sure don't wanna cause problems on purpose. I'd go along the road of saying they are making 'mistakes', not problems. And, whose to say this isn't done on purpose? It's only seen as a problem, because you see it that way. You make this any easier, then what? Are you still gonna have problems? The thing is someone is ALWAYS gonna have a problem with something. A guy selling a daisy at 1,000,000G isn't a problem at all. That's just a guy who wants 1,000,000G for the daisy he has. It would only be a problem to those who see it to be fit as one. A person with serveral millions of gold might not see this as a problem and might buy his daisy if he's looking for one. Maybe he might have an understanding of this guy wants a lot for this. Even if the guy is the only one selling daisies, if you understand he is selling dasies for that much and he is the only one doing so, then you already know what you gotta do if you want one, right? As far as these drops go, I commend you with you saying the rates are limited. But, with you saying that, there is an absolute understanding that the rates are limited. Not impossible. Someone will get something if it's out there. OR, may already have it. The only "problem" to some is Gaia made them limited. But, it's a problem YOU create for youself, if you can't understand that.

Quote:
This is true. Despite the flaws, one shouldn't stop trying to use it. It should see use. However, instead of advising people to just suck it up, take the hint, and go back to using the whole site, maybe you should encourage more activism on people's part to fix alchemy. It should be as much a cared for part of Gaia as BG, or zOMG, or the Marketplace, or the Forums. Not a road sign to turn people back to other parts of Gaia and away from Alchemy, or something they just have to deal with because they brought it on themselves.

I'm not telling anoyone to suck it and take this in the bud. But, there is a hint of going back and doing site things the site has offered before. I'm not sayin go use the whole entires site either. When I said that Gaia wants use to go around the world and do things, that was just saying the options are there, so take to them if you wanna. I could encourgae activism. Maybe I am? Maybe there are some out there who are? You in turn yourself can do the same. But, the idea of saying what I said was suggestional and motivational use, if anything. Maybe what I said can motivate someone into fixing Alchemy? You or I won't ever know, until we saw or read about it. But, this did just come out. Something is gonna be done about something BECAUSE Alchemy is apart of Gaia like BG, the zOMG, the Marketplace, AND the Forums. We get updates on a lot of these and have gotten updates on every one. Why think that Alchemy wouldn't? Just like those previous things, we had the wait for those things to get to the way they are now, so that some people could enjoy them. We even made suggestions and the site has taken onto them. Even I myself have made some. I wouldn't go off assuming that you haven't. I've encouraged. Man, just by you being here and talking about this, you are encourgaing your idea, that in turn might encourage others to do something about this as well. Just by you reading and responding, I know I have impacted something or someone. Your opinions and suggestion are coming off of my suggestions and statements. We are encouraging each other. Just take that up with Gaia or wait, and maybe they will be encouraged to do the same. All this does NOT have to be a negative experience.

Quote:
It's not just a mental roadblock however, there are actual limitations to alchemy. It isn't a problem either to find no value in a system that doesn't reward its use.

This can be a mental road block for some. But, that's where people like you and I come in. I say all that I have said to let people know that this is new and fresh. It's not gonna be easy for most. Some people in turn like a challenge and might not have a problem with this at all. Others are getting bloaty about what can't be done or what hasn't been done. I'm not saying you can't get disturbed by this... but, you can't do what you can't do. Especially, if it isn't there for you to do or you don't have it. What else can you do, but wait? Just like you said collecting B credit won't make things come faster, complaining about it or getting mad or giving up, won't. Maybe it will, I don't know. But, faster or not, in the end, these things take a while for to do. If you're not in their shoes it's gonna seem easy. But, Gaia has to go through a process with just about everything they slap on the board. This is one of them. They have to make mistakes, so they can get better or maybe see that what we want could be in turn a better choice to take on. These limitions are there for a purpose like that and to make things interesting. Whether you see this as a problem and find no use in this sysem because it doesn't reward it's use or not, it takes time for it to get better. I already said I wasn't saying people shouldn't give up. You don't have to do this, if you don't wanna. Sit and sulk, if that helps, wait if helps, do what you can if it helps. Whatever helps YOU, you do that. Even the ones who do give up help themselves by not wanting to be bothered by this anymore. But, the one who haven't are gonna do what they can to help them. Even if they decide to give up later, too, or not.

And, I never said this before, but thanks for reading.

8,500 Points
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
Very nice speech :3 *claps*

6,700 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Friendly 100
Ok, I like your idea. I like working hard for my little virtual items. This account may not seem that old, but I've been around for at least a good six years or so.... That's what we used to do before everything skyrocketed in price.

However, I personally dislike alchemy. Why should I have to spend millions on a silly item? I'm not talking about the ones that you can make items from junk with.... I'm talking about those ones that genuinely cost way more items than they're worth. Personally, I see a lot of the formulas as a gold sink/something that REALLY rich users are only able to afford. That's not fair to the ones who work their butts off for things. I do like the junk items being worth something, though. wink

Unbeatable Genius

8,950 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Megathread 100
-Shion-Mion-Mion-Shion-
Ok, I like your idea. I like working hard for my little virtual items. This account may not seem that old, but I've been around for at least a good six years or so.... That's what we used to do before everything skyrocketed in price.

However, I personally dislike alchemy. Why should I have to spend millions on a silly item? I'm not talking about the ones that you can make items from junk with.... I'm talking about those ones that genuinely cost way more items than they're worth. Personally, I see a lot of the formulas as a gold sink/something that REALLY rich users are only able to afford. That's not fair to the ones who work their butts off for things. I do like the junk items being worth something, though. wink

That's true. But, you don't have to do this, if you don't wanna. Those big costly items are there to be there when you do. And, when you do decide you wanna, then, you know what you gotta do to get them. If they cost way more than they are worth, then hey... what can you do, right? Even if only rich users can afford what some people see as richer things, I don't think that makes things unfair just because they are rich and can afford it. Let's not forget that these rich people were once poor, too. They worked their, buts off the way they did to get what they have now. They worked hard and kept at that, so their work comes easy later for them. But, don't let that effect you. That's only a little misjudgemental to the rich. I've known people who have been on this site in fewer time than you or I and are richer than those who have been here long. I've been here for 5 years and you've been here for 6. Some people who have been here as long as us haven't even touched an amount as far as 1,000,000G. And, with that being said, what's that say about you and I for having more than people on the site who have worked their butts off? In turn, you and I have worked hard for being richer than them, but that doesn't make things unfair. They just have to do what we did, if not better. I don't wanna look at this as it not gonna EVER get better than what it is.

And, I also like the idea of the things I have being used to make something more.
It's so cool.

c :

A Prunny's King

Undead Labtech

71,825 Points
  • Battle: Level 10 250
  • Brilliant Light 450
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
I was hoping for some actual tips on Alchemy.

Fashionable Bunny

20,650 Points
  • Battle: KO 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Invisibility 100
sad no tips here...

Just "gold boxes" information.

Nostalgic Spirit

78,300 Points
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
  • Old World Deity 500
JapanUnderground

Quote:
You're right. It's not Achemy at all. Vending is vending.

Correct, vending is vending. Promoting the positives of vending isn't the same as promoting the positives of Alchemy. Yes there are vending possibilities with Alchemy but currently an Alchemist can't possibly produce enough with alchemy to cover the cost of what was alchemizing. If an alchemist was a business, they'd be in the red.

Quote:

And, that's true, too. That's why Gaia has suggestion threads so you can go about talking to them with those kinds of things there. Realizing that you wanna do something that is gonna minus you in the end in something like this, isn't you "sinking into the satisfaction of a broken system". If you wanna do it and you have come to the terms of doing it, why should that even matter?

Why should what even matter? If one wants to alchemize with a broken system, why should the system being broken matter? Because.. it's broken. I'm pretty sure that's the obvious answer. People want to use a system that works. Coming to 'terms' with a broken system is accepting its brokenness as normal and that's what shouldn't happen.

Quote:
Using you as an example, no offence, you know what's in store if you gonna be in a system that's so "broken". These things can be fixed later or we can be given other or newer means to going about it in the future. This hasn't even been out long. A squeaky wheel isn't always gonna get the oil it wants, if the person suppling oil doesn't catch it. Gaia isn't perfect and isn't gonna realize this off the back. It's just something for us to do. Dogs bark even over the smallest things, but it doesn't have to be over something threating though or isn't always a big deal.

I know what's in store, yes, but even while I try to force my way through it to show the devs that people are willing to work hard in a system that doesn't cater to hard work, I still realize that the system is broken. I'm not content with a broken system. Saying that it isn't a big deal that it's broken is fundamentally wrong because it is a big deal. Alchemy touches all parts of Gaia, especially the marketplace because an alchemist has to destroy certain cash shop and rare items which takes them away from people who might be interested in them. Alchemy is a huge problem for all Gaians, and the sooner its fixed, the better. Just accepting that it's broken is well.. it's unacceptable. My problem with your big 'tip' isn't the intention, it's the content. Pepping people up for Alchemy is fine, but saying that they should accept and enjoy a broken system is off-putting.

Quote:
People do like to see what they work for come to light. But, it's not always gonna be that way. You wouldn't know if anything got you anywhere if you didn't try.

Actually, you'd have a pretty good idea, especially if you understand the circumstances surrounding the task. I'm not going to run into a brick wall because of the bazillion to one chance I might pass through it going, "Well I don't know unless I try". It not only hurts me but wastes my time.

Quote:
And, what people think of the final result isn't always gonna be the same even if they did do the same things.

True but for the majority, they don't see this system as rewarding because it isn't. Some people enjoy being whipped, and sure that's a frame of mind. But most people don't.

Quote:
[...] that only was mean for those in which it will apply not that I was assuming anything unjust about it or them. There is nothing negative in that statement.

I'm not sure what you're saying, but if you were just throwing that statement out that, it might just be better to trim the fat off your paragraphs and stick to the points that are important to you.

Quote:
And, even if were to throw gold nugget in a big crowd, whose to say everyone will go for it? Let the fact that that are a lot of people there stop you from even going for it, if you are. You're gonna look silly, if no one went for it in the first place and you left it behind for someone else to scoop up, when you know you wanted it.

So if I don't have 10 million gold to pay for a single alchemy component that I need 6 of, I'm going to look silly for not raising that much gold when on average I wouldn't be able to make that much in two years? I'm pretty sure to anyone watching, I'd seem prudent to turn my attention else where.

In the case of Alchemy, yes, everyone is going for the nugget (which represents a single nearly unobtainable alchemy component.) or wishes they could go for the nugget. If it was a matter of two people racing for a single item and one person gave up, yeah that'd be silly. But it's not.

Quote:
I said before, I wasn't saying that people should give up. You wanna give up, that's on you. But, for those who do wanna keep their head in the game, have at it.

What was the point of telling people who have their head already in the game to keep their head in the game? If you're telling the people who consider giving up to have their head in the game because Alchemy is some kind of wonderful system and not a futile item destroying massive gold sink for the ultra rich, then don't play it off as if it's their state of mind that is at fault. It's not merely a defeatist state of mind, it's a broken system.

Quote:
What is that saying other than the fact Gaia just provides? In turn and truth, Gaia does put it out there, but YOU make it happen.

I do not control drop-rates. That statement is false.

Quote:
Gaia wouldn't be anything if there was no one here.

And it's currently bleeding members. I've seen an impressive amount of people say they're closing their wallets to gaia and turning adblock back on because Gaia is failing to meet its customer expectations.

Quote:
If they continued to make things even if no one was here, none of that would be a problem, until someone came here and made a problem out of it or thought of it as one. These are people just like us, who I'm sure don't wanna cause problems on purpose.

They are employees who are a part of a business. They're not regular users who might make a small slip-up. This slip-up affects everyone and realizing that, they should fix it.

Quote:
I'd go along the road of saying they are making 'mistakes', not problems.

A mistake is accidentally causing BG to give out too much gold. A problem is when a loyal user spends months to years questing for an item, to have it suddenly disappear from the marketplace because of a new feature that destroys items people had their heart set on.

Quote:
And, whose to say this isn't done on purpose?

There are quotes from devs practically admitting it was done on purpose, and that's something people take issue with. They created a huge problem on purpose and now refuse to acknowledge it.

Quote:
It's only seen as a problem, because you see it that way.

Once again, it's not simply seeing something in a particular way. It's an actual problem that creates limitations and doesn't reward users for the time they invest. And if people don't feel satisfied? They will leave like they have been doing, or they will refuse to give monetary support and that also hurts the whole site.

Quote:
You make this any easier, then what? Are you still gonna have problems? The thing is someone is ALWAYS gonna have a problem with something.

True, but there is a difference between one person having a problem with something, and an entire site having a problem with something. You can't please everyone, but you should at least be pleasing the majority of people.

Quote:
A guy selling a daisy at 1,000,000G isn't a problem at all. That's just a guy who wants 1,000,000G for the daisy he has. It would only be a problem to those who see it to be fit as one. A person with serveral millions of gold might not see this as a problem and might buy his daisy if he's looking for one. Maybe he might have an understanding of this guy wants a lot for this. Even if the guy is the only one selling daisies, if you understand he is selling dasies for that much and he is the only one doing so, then you already know what you gotta do if you want one, right? As far as these drops go, I commend you with you saying the rates are limited. But, with you saying that, there is an absolute understanding that the rates are limited. Not impossible. Someone will get something if it's out there. OR, may already have it. The only "problem" to some is Gaia made them limited.

Congratulations on pointing out one of the biggest flaws in the Alchemy system. It only caters to the elite ultra rich. It's not a system meant for wide spread use. Thus it's a problem for the majority of users who would like to use it and have their hard work amount to something. It's not the ultra elite rich who you're targeting your 'keep your head in the game' message to, it's the average Gaian who is financially unable to obtain ingredients. This is a hobby/entertainment site, it's ridiculous to spend a work-day's worth of work on it, not to mention severely unhealthy.

Quote:

But, the idea of saying what I said was suggestional and motivational use, if anything. Maybe what I said can motivate someone into fixing Alchemy?

But you were suggesting that people accept the current broken system and that if someone didn't like it, it was all in their head. Supposing now that your 'tip' had the opposite effect is kind of grasping for straws. Stick to the point of your message.

Quote:
Something is gonna be done about something BECAUSE Alchemy is apart of Gaia like BG, the zOMG, the Marketplace, AND the Forums.

Things don't happen on their own. It's why we have a Site Feedback. You supposed earlier that maybe it's intentional, and if you scroll up, I did confirm that it is indeed intentional. If something is going to be done about Alchemy it'll be because users insist on it.

Quote:
We get updates on a lot of these and have gotten updates on every one.

Like updates to Towns? How about updates to BB?

Quote:
We even made suggestions and the site has taken onto them. Even I myself have made some. I wouldn't go off assuming that you haven't.

I spoke to Pan about adjusting the target audience for alchemy from the ultra elite rich to the average user. You can find it on the OP of the Official Alchemy Q&A. Alchemy is one of the areas I try to be vocal about.

Quote:
Man, just by you being here and talking about this, you are encourgaing your idea, that in turn might encourage others to do something about this as well. Just by you reading and responding, I know I have impacted something or someone. Your opinions and suggestion are coming off of my suggestions and statements.

This might be a bit of an extreme example, but if you advise someone to walk off a cliff, and I respond to that by saying they shouldn't, that doesn't really make the first message to walk of a cliff, a positive thing. But personally, I view it as it's better not to give advise than to give bad advise. As they say, "the road to hell is paved with good intentions".

Quote:

I'm not saying you can't get disturbed by this... but, you can't do what you can't do.
Especially, if it isn't there for you to do or you don't have it.

Correct, and for most people it's not for a lack of will, but a lack of resources and time.

Quote:
What else can you do, but wait? Just like you said collecting B credit won't make things come faster, complaining about it or getting mad or giving up, won't. Maybe it will, I don't know.

Showing a certain amount of discontent, but also providing suggestions, and trying to work with the dev team by giving examples of what could be fixed will manifest into something. For example, because people were voicing their complaints and providing alternatives, we now have Golden Giftbox recipes, and Enki drops, as well as new recipes in the Bifrost.

Quote:
But, faster or not, in the end, these things take a while for to do. If you're not in their shoes it's gonna seem easy. But, Gaia has to go through a process with just about everything they slap on the board. This is one of them. They have to make mistakes, [...]

Not necessarily. If they had beta-launched it and then took Gaian complaints seriously, and set to work immediately to right the system, this wouldn't have turned into as big of a deal is it is now. User feedback is very important. But right now they're acting like a child who sucked up the living room rug in the vacuum cleaner and instead of getting help to fix the problem, is insisting they meant to do that.

Quote:
Whether you see this as a problem and find no use in this sysem because it doesn't reward it's use or not, it takes time for it to get better. I already said I wasn't saying people shouldn't give up. You don't have to do this, if you don't wanna. Sit and sulk, if that helps, wait if helps, do what you can if it helps. Whatever helps YOU, you do that.

If the point of your OP is that people should do what they want... I'm pretty sure people were going to do that in the first place.

Quote:
Even the ones who do give up help themselves by not wanting to be bothered by this anymore. But, the one who haven't are gonna do what they can to help them. Even if they decide to give up later, too, or not.

I'm not sure I understand. Those who don't give up, help those who do give up, by....? Those who do give up don't give up because they're lazy, or at least most of the people don't give up because they prefer to sulk. It's a flaw in the system. I hope by the end of this read you realize it's not the users to blame, and Gaia isn't completely blameless. Also, if you do intend on replying, decide on what your position is. Supposing this and that and implying things you don't mean might come out of it is really... slippery. Pick a point. Stand by it.

Quote:
And, I never said this before, but thanks for reading.

Np. Thanks for takin' the time to read. I'm done replyin' here.

Wheezing Lunatic

JapanUnderground
Chouryou
I am not yet done.
>>>>>>>>>>

Nice hints, but this can only apply to the Golden Giftbox formula.

Some components for Lvl 1 formulas aren't even available on the MP. It likely means that no one has found them yet, and that's sad. I don't mind Gaia restricting hard-to-find components to higher-level recipes, but goddamnit make lvl 1 formula components easier to find! It's disheartening. I really would have loved to go all the way with Alchemy. sad

<<<<<<<<<<

WITNESS.

I just made reply a to someone who said the same exact thing above about this applying to Golden Giftboxes.
Read that to see where I'm going on this.
I've probably have misunderstood the point of your post, then. Apologies. I myself have been working really hard to find/buy the components for Long Tusks.

Still, if Gaia means us to work hard, at least they should make the components for Lvl 1 formulas available. There are still some that cannot be found no matter how hard the users play zOMG or grab from Enki or fish. Granted, these might be 'limited' drops or something... but weeks into the feature and not one Cherub feather? confused That's ridiculous.

Unbeatable Genius

8,950 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Megathread 100
Chouryou
JapanUnderground
Chouryou
I am not yet done.
>>>>>>>>>>

Some components for Lvl 1 formulas aren't even available on the MP. It likely means that no one has found them yet, and that's sad. I don't mind Gaia restricting hard-to-find components to higher-level recipes, but goddamnit make lvl 1 formula components easier to find! It's disheartening. I really would have loved to go all the way with Alchemy. sad

<<<<<<<<<<

WITNESS.

I just made reply a to someone who said the same exact thing above about this applying to Golden Giftboxes.
I've probably have misunderstood the point of your post, then. Apologies. I myself have been working really hard to find/buy the components for Long Tusks.

Still, if Gaia means us to work hard, at least they should make the components for Lvl 1 formulas available. There are still some that cannot be found no matter how hard the users play zOMG or grab from Enki or fish. Granted, these might be 'limited' drops or something... but weeks into the feature and not one Cherub feather? confused That's ridiculous.

Man, it's cool.
Look, all I can say is wait and it'll will come.
If it wasn't, then it wouldn't be there for you to see.
A lot of things are ridiculous and I'm sure waiting this long for you is one of them.
It's only been weeks and if it really means that much to you, let the staff know in the feedback.
Keep yourself busy with what you can do.
In the end, it'll pay off for you.
c :

Wheezing Lunatic

JapanUnderground
Chouryou
JapanUnderground
Chouryou
I am not yet done.
>>>>>>>>>>

<<<<<<<<<<

WITNESS.

Man, it's cool.
A lot of things are ridiculous and I'm sure waiting this long for you is one of them.
It's only been weeks and if it really means that much to you, let the staff know in the feedback.
c :
I haven't yet posted in official feedback threads, but I did make comments in SF.

Still, thank you.
I guess I'll just have to wait and be patient.
biggrin

Unbeatable Genius

8,950 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Megathread 100
Chouryou
JapanUnderground
Chouryou
JapanUnderground
Chouryou
I am not yet done.
>>>>>>>>>>

<<<<<<<<<<

WITNESS.

Man, it's cool.
c :
I haven't yet posted in official feedback threads, but I did make comments in SF.

Still, thank you.
I guess I'll just have to wait and be patient.
biggrin

Hit the feedback, when you can!
And, good luck.
: ]

In a relationship with b e a r y t o r t e

Thirteenth Prophet

18,850 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Alchemy Level 4 100
  • Healer 50
INDEED! THANK YOU FOR THIS.

Quick Reply