Welcome to Gaia! ::

Recently, I decided I wanted to try out the Alchemy part of Gaia for the first time, so after shelling $50 to gaia for gcash, since I don't partake in any gold making games. (My own fault I guess)

Upon buying ALL of the formulas in the Alchemy shop and ALL of the Gcash only Formulas, I started trying to figure out which would be easiest to finish first. Sadly, Gaia doesnt have a sorting function for 'progress'. (It actually does, but it don't work at all. Just clears all your formulas off the screen and says, "No Formula's completed". No sh!t Gaia.)

Fine, figured I'd just start with buying all the items I needed for the first formula on the list. Got it done, and quickly sold that ugly snail. Went on to the next. Hell no I'm not paying 500,000 gold for just one item that I'm not actually going to keep. Next formula then. WHAT?! 4 of these items and they cost over a mil each?! Next formula. Got it done, realized I've already spent over 400,000 for ...crap. Literally, crap.

Like put me next to the monkey cage at the zoo so the monkey can shat in it's hand and throw it at me.

Well, realized I made a really big damn mistake in trying out this feature, and really, really, hope that someone sees this and it discourages them from trying the Alchemy stuff on Gaia if they haven't tried it yet. It's a waste of time and gold.

My only real reason I wanted to try this Gaia's Alchemy was because I was interested in those incredibly rare wings. But I'm told it's more hassle than needed to get those, so forget that.

Anyways, if someone want's to give me a really good price for my 'crap', let me know. I'll give all of my alchemy formulas that I still have to anyone who wants them for a good price.

Dangerous Noob

6,850 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
Sounds like you should have read up on it beforehand. Bummer.
Insanitation

-__-; Indeed

I'll know better next time.

Dangerous Noob

6,850 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
Shadow Hoof
Insanitation

-__-; Indeed

I'll know better next time.
That does suck though. sad Losing gold isn't ever fun.

Hungry Friend

14,875 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Winged 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Shadow Hoof
Dude, you're crazy!!! LOL you should of have read about Alchemy first! like the gaian above me said. you need to be smart on how to spend ur gold, gather information about the components,(where they are located) Alchemy isn't for just anyone. It's just not about wasting money or gold. Just because you spend 239027497032$ doesn't mean youre going to level up. There's so much to Alchemy than just buying 'crap'

I've been playing Alchemy for a few months, and believe it or not I have not spend any real life money. Sure I have 9$ in my gaia cash account but haven't used it. I started playing Alchemy with 100k. I have lvl up by making Caches, selling components, vending, reselling, investing, and farming all the caches by fishing, going into towns, and even learned to play ZOMG. smile

Champion

$50 is roughly...5 mil gold? It takes much much more gold than that to tackle alchemy.

Additionally, the shop formulas and cash shop formulas are all crap. The good ones come from either Pink Magical Giftboxes or Alchemist's Cases.

It is always wise to do a bit of research before jumping into new things.

Sparkly Warlord

17,300 Points
  • 20 Wins 100
  • 50 Wins 150
Shadow Hoof
like you mentioned it really is your own fault .

1]Instead of buying everything up you should have researched there are many threads that tell you what formula takes what and how to get it.

2]those games that you don't play for what ever reason is how you can get and/or make componets cheap in alchemy. So that it becomes profitable and not a money pit

3] of coarse if you buy all or most of the items frpm the mp it will be expensive

4] you are a complete A** for trying to discourge players from trying alchemy the more players there are the cheaper and easier to find all the parts become

5] almost forgot all of the gcash formulas and most of the gold shop formulas are the hardest at low lvs.

The Frostinator's Husband

Man-Hungry Abomination

12,700 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Abomination 100
  • Alchemy Level 6 100
Looks like you decided to learn the hard way. Rushing into something expensive and losing out on gold doesn't mean alchemy sucks though. Prices are, for the most part, a lot more reasonable than they were weeks ago.

With a little time and patience you can probably make your gold back crafting caches like the people in this thread have already mentioned. GL emotion_yatta

Magnetic Phantom

I hope you don't do things like this irl too.

... Oh wait, you did! 50 bucks. gonk That's saddening. sad

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces