Welcome to Gaia! ::

Wealthy Genius

5,900 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Well hello there, the topic name explains itself a bit already.
I am searching for someone who knows alot of immigration, in this case, to the US.
As soon as I turn 18 I want to immigrate to the United states [of America]. However the Green visa card lottery held by the US government just accepts 50000 people a year, and I'm not that kind of gambler. Help me plz?

[I hope I picked the right forums]

Team Lionheart

19,275 Points
  • Sugar Plum Protector 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
ok i know some things about this my future brother in law is trying to come from china. depending on what country your from cause the US allows a certain number from each country and paper work and stuff it could take up to four years. Dont give up hope though. first of if your coming here as a student as well use that to your advantage especially in a field were stundents are needed like engineering. If you havent commited any crimes you have a better shot then you think for the fact a least 30% of those who apply for a visa have already commited a crime but if you have we still take a look at that crime see the severity of it compared to our system and how long ago it was committed. If you go into a scholarship for college that also gives you a better chance of getting a visa like boren scholarships. Thats just some of the things you can do or do what my sisters fiance did: find a lovestruck american girl and marry her hehe j/k.
Hmmm... I guess this might seem a bit off topic, but have you ever been to the states? You seem to know more than me on the immigration process (probably because I was born here. ;]) but I'd hate for you to be packing up everything to go to a country you don't know too much about.

I've traversed most of the US with my parents and brother, so if you still decide to move here, drop me a line. I can tell you boatloads about the different regions on this side of the Atlantic.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff