Welcome to Gaia! ::

Moonlight Healer

24,000 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
Hello All~

Does anyone know a legit Teach Oversea in China or Korea and in a private school?
Where can I apply for that position?

I am interested in teaching English Overseas!

The problem is...

I kept finding international schools which are learning centers and not private schools.

Hopefully, I find one this year before I change my mind. I also wanted to explore another country's culture and whole new teaching experience while I am still young.

**If I posted this in the wrong forum, let me know in a pm! Thanks.**

Moonlight Healer

24,000 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
Bumpie, mew~
ninja

Moonlight Healer

24,000 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
Bumpie, mew~
=w=;;

Tipsy Vampire

You should check out daveseslcafe.com

They have legit job listings, and the database is updated often. My friend went to China to teach at a University for a year by finding the job listing on there. I'm looking into it myself as well.
seoul offers many great teaching programs
http://www.ehow.com/how_6657393_teach-abroad-korea.html
camillaluv13
that was a link so just type it in violette cielle is right try out daveseslcafe really legit job listings great in china to teach and korea amazing schools to teach in hope i helped good luck gurrlll scream dramallama rofl

Moonlight Healer

24,000 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
Violette Cielle
You should check out daveseslcafe.com

They have legit job listings, and the database is updated often. My friend went to China to teach at a University for a year by finding the job listing on there. I'm looking into it myself as well.

Thank you so muchie for sharing this link!

I will!

Moonlight Healer

24,000 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
camillaluv13

Thank you so muchie for sharing this link!

I will look into that one too!

Moonlight Healer

24,000 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
Bumpie, mew~
=w=;;

Moonlight Healer

24,000 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
Bumpie, mew~
=w=;;

Moonlight Healer

24,000 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
Le bumpie, mew~
>w<

Premium Egg

Serenitybunny
Le bumpie, mew~
>w<
User ImageUser ImageUser Image

Unfortunately, I don't know any schools to recommend,
however I think you should go for Korea, many foreign teachers are moving there to teach.
Also, you can find many helpful videos of teaching in Korea on YouTube. biggrin

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

Moonlight Healer

24,000 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
MissEtude
Serenitybunny
Le bumpie, mew~
>w<
User ImageUser ImageUser Image

Unfortunately, I don't know any schools to recommend,
however I think you should go for Korea, many foreign teachers are moving there to teach.
Also, you can find many helpful videos of teaching in Korea on YouTube. biggrin

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

Okies, I will try!

Thank you!

Moonlight Healer

24,000 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
Bumpie, mew~
=w=;;

Lonely Gaian

10,100 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
I'm seconding VC over here, Dave's ESL Cafe is a rockin' site when it comes to trying to find an English Teaching job ANYWHERE in the world. Used it myself a few times and got a few interviews and offers in Japan before I went with my current company. 3nodding

The other thing I'd recommend you checking out is EPIK. It's not private schools, but rather, it is the Korean equivalent to JET. Often when it comes to teaching abroad, it is easier to find alternate jobs once you are in the country and have some connections. So, don't despair if you end up having to accept a company you are less than happy with/isn't your ideal.

But also keep in mind that a number of places (especially in Japan at least) will only hire from abroad. So if you know for certain that there's only one or two places that you are willing to work for/at, then keep applying to those things. If getting to another country and experiencing life in a completely new and thrilling way is more important to you than who you work for, then don't worry too much about the details of who you work for [As long as you check to make sure they aren't shady!!! BE CAREFUL ABOUT THAT!].

Also take into account currency conversation rates + cost of living where ever you end up. If you have debt back home, you might need to check to make sure your salary that you'd be paid can manage the debt back home after you deal with daily living expenses. And make sure you have at least a 20% cushion. Conversation Rates can get really wacky depending on what's going on in the world. An example is that when I came to Japan, you got about 75 yen to the dollar. But then a few months back, when things in Japan were being messed around with to try to strengthen their hurting industries, it jumped to 120 yen to the dollar! Great for people who are coming to visit! Terrible for people who are living here and sending money home. gonk

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff